Sponsored

Potentially moving...how strict are the laws really?

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Born here in ‘58 at UCLA Medical Center…Can’t get more native that that. With the exception of living in Colorado for a few years in the 80’s, it’s been ok.
My family, friends and church are here so it’s hard to leave.
The Mrs retired the end of last year and I’ll be doing the same here real quick, I’m just dabbling.
My wife has family in Nebraska, Colorado (where we met), Wyoming and Ohio. Wyoming is looking real good to us for retirement but we haven’t decided yet. We’re set financially so we can stay. That said, we’d save about 2-3K a month in taxes and other cost of living moving to Wyoming. Do I want to move back to snow country with freezing temps 4-5 months a year? I don’t know.
I’ve been fortunate to live in pretty conservative areas for the last 42 years, makes a big difference.
Heck, Colorado, as beautiful as it is has changed drastically as well.
People forget Ronald Regan was from California. Kevin McCarthy is my Congressman and soon to be Speaker Of the House.
If you don’t mind the smog regulations and the state anti gun laws, it’s a great place to live if your not in a big city. The big cities have turned to cesspools.
I absolutely agree there are plenty of us here that hold conservative values, we’re just outnumbered.
I am right with you Fred. Regan has always been one of my favorite presidents and I'm proud he was governor of CA. I've got family on my wife's side in NJ. No damn way I'd move there. Would love to be somewhere easier on the budget but it is a real tradeoff. Not going to shovel snow or live anywhere where the weather reporter has to talk about heat index. Most likely staying here with my 10 round magazines and crazy taxes.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I am right with you Fred. Regan has always been one of my favorite presidents and I'm proud he was governor of CA. I've got family on my wife's side in NJ. No damn way I'd move there. Would love to be somewhere easier on the budget but it is a real tradeoff. Not going to shovel snow or live anywhere where the weather reporter has to talk about heat index. Most likely staying here with my 10 round magazines and crazy taxes.
Talk about high cost of living, the Bay Area? Man that’s rich. The city has turned pretty drastic the past 10 years. What a beautiful city it was. Cannot beat the weather that’s for sure….We’ll maybe San Diego 😉

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
The rise of Silicon Valley killed the Bay Area. It was a wonderful place until the hordes of people, traffic and excess money arrived. Soon to be followed by pandering politicians. It still has a lot to offer, but at a very high cost.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Talk about high cost of living, the Bay Area? Man that’s rich. The city has turned pretty drastic the past 10 years. What a beautiful city it was. Cannot beat the weather that’s for sure….We’ll maybe San Diego 😉
I think San Diego has maybe the best weather in the world not just the U.S. I do hate to think of what the City has become. Just imagine in completely screwed up San Francisco you can walk your dog butt ass naked, shit on the sidewalk and not have to clean it up but if your dog goes it must be picked up after. Give needles to addicts, a cell phone and an Amazon Prime subscription to the homeless. What was once a beautiful world class city is turning into a far left leaning toxic dump of disgust. Damn I better stop.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
OP-so did you get your answer you were looking for? Are you still considering moving?

Sponsored

OP
OP
degajake

degajake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium 6MT
OP-so did you get your answer you were looking for? Are you still considering moving?
I appreciate all of the feedback, currently I won't be relocating to CA but that doesn't mean I wouldn't sometime in the future. It's unfortunate that such a beautiful state has so many issues with regards to how it is ran. I have also since already installed my headers + corsa so whether or not I move there doesn't affect that decision anymore lol

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I appreciate all of the feedback, currently I won't be relocating to CA but that doesn't mean I wouldn't sometime in the future. It's unfortunate that such a beautiful state has so many issues with regards to how it is ran. I have also since already installed my headers + corsa so whether or not I move there doesn't affect that decision anymore lol
Glad you made your decision. If you do end up moving to California and you want to bring your car you’ll need to revert your parts back to stock as well as the tune since there are no aftermarket tunes that are allowed unless they have a smog legal exemption and no headers are allowed either.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Glad you made your decision. If you do end up moving to California and you want to bring your car you’ll need to revert your parts back to stock as well as the tune since there are no aftermarket tunes that are allowed unless they have a smog legal exemption and no headers are allowed either.
or oR OR…keep your license and mailing address then Cali don’t care, ask me how I know 😂

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
do the bums really get prime and cellphones? thats such bs. if they want to be homeless, dont give them anything. let them better themselves if they want anything.i am so digested with rewarding degenerate people.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
They also are given money. It seems that the radical far left like the mayor or our worthless governor want to continue to give it all away and allow the state, starting with its biggest cities to turn into a huge irredeemable mess. I’m hoping the movement to form a new state within CA takes hold as conservatives reach the breaking point.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They also are given money. It seems that the radical far left like the mayor or our worthless governor want to continue to give it all away and allow the state, starting with its biggest cities to turn into a huge irredeemable mess. I’m hoping the movement to form a new state within CA takes hold as conservatives reach the breaking point.
we need to make a manmade island, grow fruit trees on it, grow bamboo on it so they can make tents, and provide fishing poles. let them live off the island on their own.

just cut off ties, one way ticket. if they want to come back, they can build a raft. it can be there choice to go there. and there choice to row their asses back. the island would be off the California coast of course.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
we need to make a manmade island, grow fruit trees on it, grow bamboo on it so they can make tents, and provide fishing poles. let them live off the island on their own.

just cut off ties, one way ticket. if they want to come back, they can build a raft. it can be there choice to go there. and there choice to row their asses back. the island would be off the California coast of course.
No disagreement from this native Californian. It’s very disturbing, you don’t see the level of homelessness in many other countries like it is here in America. Using the values I was brought up with it makes sense to me to have what I do because I worked for it. Not seeking a handout and pleased to make my own way. Fully understand that sometimes people need a pick me up and I feel that’s fine but not being a contributing member of society, well that’s not my mindset.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
We get it, California sucks.

PaddyPrix