Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Hello everyone,
Just a follow up.... received the car back from ford. Header tank
Is visibly the worst affected area with a considerable accumulation of oil. Dealer has ordered a new one and will replace at my convenience. Done approx 500miles following the cooler replacement, so hopefully all behind me now...seems to be running nice and got an oil change as part of the work. The oil cooler update is some modified hoses to improve the cooler pipes routing, mine had this from factory but still failed. At the end of the warranty period I will be going aftermarket following a conversation with the very helpful ford dealer.
In the meantime this thread went off on a bit of a tangent that I feel I must explain. I sold a couple of eBay items that I never posted, or liaised with the buyers, I got called scum and took a bit of abuse, a building firm ceased trading owing me slightly north of
£90,000 which kind of took my focus for a while. It hasn’t ended amicably.

Gt101.... look forward to your kit!:like:

Redshadow62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hello everyone,
Just a follow up.... received the car back from ford. Header tank
Is visibly the worst affected area with a considerable accumulation of oil. Dealer has ordered a new one and will replace at my convenience. Done approx 500miles following the cooler replacement, so hopefully all behind me now...seems to be running nice and got an oil change as part of the work. The oil cooler update is some modified hoses to improve the cooler pipes routing, mine had this from factory but still failed. At the end of the warranty period I will be going aftermarket following a conversation with the very helpful ford dealer.
In the meantime this thread went off on a bit of a tangent that I feel I must explain. I sold a couple of eBay items that I never posted, or liaised with the buyers, I got called scum and took a bit of abuse, a building firm ceased trading owing me slightly north of
£90,000 which kind of took my focus for a while. It hasn’t ended amicably.

Gt101.... look forward to your kit!:like:
Firstly, glad you got your car sorted, secondly, the "scum" comment wasnt by me, however it seems you are determined to be seen as the "victim" here.
Who went bust on your previous sales on ebay when you did exactly the same, dont bullshit mate, you didnt like the price so you didnt send out hoping the buyers would cancel. YOU ignored numerous attempts to contact you, including a pm on here, but managed to delete the comments within minutes of it appearing public. For me it was ended until you posted this bs excuse, if you want I can prove my comments. Best let it drop as I did.

OP
OP
Robbie

Robbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Firstly, glad you got your car sorted, secondly, the "scum" comment wasnt by me, however it seems you are determined to be seen as the "victim" here.
Who went bust on your previous sales on ebay when you did exactly the same, dont bullshit mate, you didnt like the price so you didnt send out hoping the buyers would cancel. YOU ignored numerous attempts to contact you, including a pm on here, but managed to delete the comments within minutes of it appearing public. For me it was ended until you posted this bs excuse, if you want I can prove my comments. Best let it drop as I did.
Agree to disagree. Time to move on

Redshadow62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Agree to disagree. Time to move on
Ha ha....Sorry, I dont agree to disagree with you.
Your lousy behaviour remains lousy and that will never be acceptable to me.
No apology or reason from you when you were given ample opportunity to do so privately......simple lack of manners on your part, end of.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I don't have a definitive date but we're pressing them to get it up and running as soon as possible. I'll put a thread out when we have it available.
Any news?

Apparently modurstang & nemesis have a solution now available anyone got any info on it or know where you buy it from ?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Any news?

Apparently modurstang & nemesis have a solution now available anyone got any info on it or know where you buy it from ?
For Modurstang you have to have it fitted by them which is not much good for us up here in the frozen north.
I'm going ahead with the JWR/Mishimoto solution. It's come down in price and it looks good from the pictures...get it fitted locally.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
ok so GT101 in your court i guess what can you come up with.
There's no way i'm taking a day off work to drive all the way down there for someone to do work i could do on a saturday myself.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to Guy at Nemesis yesterday about it. All parts are ready except the mounting brackets for the oil radiator. So all the hard work is done. He even offered to sell me the parts minus the bracket if I want to make my own. I have seen photos and can confirm it’s exactly what I require. No sandwich plate, proper thermostat in the oil take off plate etc. The closest I can point you to is the Aussie Harrop one. Now I’m just risking the wait as I won’t be spending elsewhere.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
No timing update from us I'm afraid - still waiting on suppliers. At least people have some options now.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I spoke to Guy at Nemesis yesterday about it. All parts are ready except the mounting brackets for the oil radiator. So all the hard work is done. He even offered to sell me the parts minus the bracket if I want to make my own. I have seen photos and can confirm it’s exactly what I require. No sandwich plate, proper thermostat in the oil take off plate etc. The closest I can point you to is the Aussie Harrop one. Now I’m just risking the wait as I won’t be spending elsewhere.
sounds like its using the ford performance take off plate then and remote mounting the filter as well as rad tbh bend some 10 gauge steel and tack it in place a bracket is probably less than 10 mins to knock up.
I'll wait see if he puts a diy package on the website before I decide same with gt101 (pull your finger out guys :) ) my warranty goes on 3rd oct so i'll decide come start of sept whether i'm buying off the shelf diy or whether i need to build myself a kit from scratch.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Hi Dave, any updates as to when it's going to be available ?

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
There are lots of work arounds for this but I have yet to see any real explanations as to how the system works. Also most ways of doing it could cause potential further issues... these are just my thoughts and may be wrong...

As I see it the RHD system uses a aluminium oil “manifold” which is bolted into the block where the oil filter goes on the LHD car. This manifold has the NS engine mount incorporated into it. The front works like a sandwich plate with the filter attached. The manifold then flows oil backwards to the bolted on oil/water cooler through it and then back to the front again. I’m not sure if the standard system goes:

Engine > filter > cooler > engine

Or

Engine > cooler > filter > engine ?

A thermostatic sandwich plate like the Mishimoto system obvious allows oil out of the plate to the cooler and back when oil is hot and stops flow when it’s cold. This works but makes space even tighter for oil filter changes which is less then ideal? Also make sure the cooler is mounted with fittings at the top or drain empty and cause temporary oil starvation when the thermostat opens? Even if the cooler can’t drain the lines will? Will this increase sump level below maximum? The oil system is not closed due to breathers?

With the cooler unable to drain an oil change will leave dirty oil in the cooler? Unless you remove it each time which is annoying.

To remove the OE cooler you need to route the two holes left by removing it together which is now covered by the plate made by several companies that just joins these two holes.

Also the water/oil cooler set-up not only cools the oil when hot but uses the warm coolant to warm the oil more quickly on starts which is a good thing. Obviously without it you miss out on this.

Another option is to remove the oil manifold completely, use a LHD engine mount and then sandwich plate the filter again but you will have more clearance?

Or.... leave the filter where it is on the oil manifold. Remove the OE cooler and run two lines from that location to the cooler. That sounds good but I’m not sure if closing the flow here when thermostat was closed would prevent oil flowing? The OE system is designed to have oil flowing here permanently?

If anyone knows the answers to any of this feel free to correct me as I have never taken a system apart to examine it. What I don’t want to do is mess with oil flow or cause an air lock by not understanding the system.

It already freaks me out that you can’t pre-fill the filter due to the angle... on imprezas (my previous vice for ten years) it was always a major sin to not completely pre-fill the filter and turn he engine over with no spark after an oil change to prevent bearing damage. So this stuff worries me on the stang.

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
Some pics found via lots of google:

This is the RHD oil manifold. Here it is fitted with a sandwich plate, no filter and the OE cooler is replaced with a sensor adaptor.

Rear view of the oil cooler manifold

LHD version with no cooler manifold

US version engine mount

A take off that goes straight to block. You would need to remote mount the filter and a cooler also a US engine mount or cut down the oil manifold to use it solely as an engine mount.

Lastly an adaptor that simply replaces the OE cooler to route oil to a cooler... but I’m not sure if it’s safe to interrupt this flow with a thermostat?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
the engine mount is uneffected by the silly oil manifold we have, on oil when you stop the engine when warm the thermostatic plate should still be open so allow the cooler to drain, make sure cooler is above sump all good for old oil, mount the filter the correct way on the take off plate/remote mount plate so its not horizontal so you can pre-fill (you can do this in current setup but its messy)

oil will warm up slightly slower because its not being heated by hot water but it'll also cool which never happens when you've got hot oil to hot water.
Sponsored