Potential GT350R buy.....good price?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
yall crazy to pay msrp for a used car with 14k miles... regardless of what it is and adm...stop it. but whatever floats your boat.
Spoken like someone who got a great deal on a PP :D Like it or not, new R's are 20k+ if you can even find one.
Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The R with electronics package has carpet in trunk.
Also back up camera, tire kit etc.
Personally from what I see, if taken car of its a good deal.
Your also getting spare wheels and tires.

OP
OP

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
This garagelogics car?
Don't know. I got a line on it through the local motorsports grapevine. Probably is though, not many gray R's running around the Mid TN area.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Its an R. They are considered a ht car and hard to acquire.

If you really want the car, get it.

Is it a great deal? Numbers wise, probably not! 14k miles and sticker.

But he probably paid over sticker and absorbing that as a loss by selling it at sticker.

What if he took a couple grand off the price? Would that make it a better deal for you? He may if you ask him.

But then again, you are spending 70k, whats a couple grand up or down when you are getting a toy you really want and joining a very exclusive club?

Just do it!

Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I'd personally wait. . . It's worth what he/she is asking, but also worth it for you is slugging out the dealers/market and potentially scoring a new one for a GOOD deal.

It's been done many times before - just my $.02

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
I Would go with a 18' 350 and possibly save a couple grand, get one of the new colors, buy brand new without worrying about how the previous owner treated the vehicle. Also, it very well could be the last model year GT350 made for quite some time. just my .2

But then again..... it's an R, So...

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Buying a new R and saving a few grand....not sure that computes

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
It's a good deal given the current market.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Spoken like someone who got a great deal on a PP :D Like it or not, new R's are 20k+ if you can even find one.
true but if people would never pay adm then they wouldn't be 20k+ but some people have the throw away money and it doesn't effect them so adm exists. is what it is.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
true but if people would never pay adm then they wouldn't be 20k+ but some people have the throw away money and it doesn't effect them so adm exists. is what it is.
We have a specific ADM thread if you need to vent there. Please don't turn this into an ADM bitch fest... Everyone is tired of that discussion.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So a guy who runs in a local circle told me someone was considering the sale of his 2016 GT350R. He's had the car about a year and last time we spoke, he'd put around 14K mikes or so on it driving to work each day since he took delivery.

Along with the car, he'd also have a set of the R-spec 6GR wheels and tires in satin black.

He's asking MSRP for it ($66,970). Given the market, is this a fair price for the car given the miles? What are driven R's typically going for?
Personally I would rather pay a reasonable ADM for a new 2017/2018 R model than pay MSRP on a used R model with 14,000 miles as that is a lot of miles on a high performance car.

For approximately $20K more you can have a brand new R model ordered in the color of your choice along with any options that you prefer.

If the extra $20K is an issue and I certainly can understand that concern then pull the trigger on this car at MSRP assuming that you like the color and options on the car otherwise if it was me I would walk away and look for a 2017/2018 R model plus a reasonable ADM.

Lastly, don't be afraid to make an offer on this R model well below his asking price as all he can do is say is no.

Good luck with your decision!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Unclear to me if the 6GR wheels are included in the MSRP price you quoted in your post, or if they are available at an add on cost. At over $7000 if prices on 6GR site are correct, and you want the extra wheels which is probably a good idea for DD with the CF originals, then an R with 14k miles at $7000 under MSRP is probably a good deal. If the 6GRs are extra, then only you can decide if a car with that kind of mileage is worth its original MSRP price.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Personally I would rather pay a reasonable ADM for a new 2017/2018 R model than pay MSRP on a used R model with 14,000 miles as that is a lot of miles on a high performance car.

For approximately $20K more you can have a brand new R model ordered in the color of your choice along with any options that you prefer.

If the extra $20K is an issue and I certainly can understand that concern then pull the trigger on this car at MSRP assuming that you like the color and options on the car otherwise if it was me I would walk away and look for a 2017/2018 R model plus a reasonable ADM.

Lastly, don't be afraid to make an offer on this R model well below his asking price as all he can do is say is no.

Good luck with your decision!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're supposed to be at the auction!

Now back to it..... by the way, when do the PP 350's cross the block?

Man on a mission??

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
14,000 miles on original Sport Cup 2's? That's unheard of. Good sign it may have never been tracked.
Sponsored