Posting good GT350 info.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Any chance the Mustang community can do a better job when it comes to posting information about our cars? Some of the posts look like someone from the GM camp is having fun devaluing Mustangs.

Maybe if someone is providing information related to an issue they have had then don't bury it with endless opinions. Then the thread would be very easy to read thought and most likely more helpful.

Why have a thread that is started off with information you can easily determine for your self, like sales prices. The GT350s I have recently seen sold have all brought higher resale values than a current thread is suggesting.

I have been involved with specialty cars, almost all of them Fords for many decades. Cars like a GTE 427 Cougar, multiple BOSS 302(s), a 428 Mach1 and three early Shelby Mustangs to list some of them. What I see happening now is people taking good information and burying it with way to much commenting and speculation. In a short time something that could be informative is turned into a mess that usually is dominated by negative views. This can potentially lower the value of our cars and push people to other brands.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Posting good info about the GT350?

My Basics sticky is all about that.
Take a look.
Make some suggestions.

Last edited:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I don't disagree with your intentions, I just have concerns about the possibility of that ever happening. From what I've seen this is still the best forum for GT350 content. Coming from the GT500 world I can tell you straight up that in closed communities there exists a real situation of everyone drinking from the Kool-Aid. All the "what is my car worth" posts are tempered with what other guys would like to sell their cars for and not what they're actually bringing on the market. Sometimes a little controversy is good. If the car is truly good then people will pay for it and these cars are meeting that criteria it seems. That being said I wouldn't look at these ever being investment grade vehicles any more than the GT500's were.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Welcome to the internet.
Yep.

OH MY GOD ALL GT350'S BURN OIL AHHHHHH!

Meanwhile My empty oil carton count sits at 2. And if I may toot my own horn for a moment, I'm running my shit harder than most.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
If Ford focused on build quality, good paint, solid fit/finish and reliability then perhaps there wouldn't be so many negative threads and posts. The Shelby "heritage" can only carry the model so far before people realize that Ford just wanted to ride that wave instead of building something that would last. Perhaps that is the business model after all. Produce a car that will just last a few years and doesn't age well so that they can sell the newer model that's 'limited production' at additional dealer markup....:clap:
You should have been banned long ago. You're exactly what the OP is talking about.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
If Ford focused on build quality, good paint, solid fit/finish and reliability then perhaps there wouldn't be so many negative threads and posts. The Shelby "heritage" can only carry the model so far before people realize that Ford just wanted to ride that wave instead of building something that would last. Perhaps that is the business model after all. Produce a car that will just last a few years and doesn't age well so that they can sell the newer model that's 'limited production' at additional dealer markup....:clap:
Perhaps you didn’t read the post that shows the GT350 holds it’s resale value better than any other “sports car”. As far as there being so many negative posts, there would be far less if it weren’t for you.
Sponsored

Reactions: pjk