Post your pictures of how Ford doesn't give a crap

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I did say "might" :) It's hard to tell without super close ups. I'll gather more data and see. WIll get your opinion when I post up some new pics.
If i can help, I still have two examples that I can photograph for you.
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
@stanglife ,

FYI, my wing does have Xpel on it which some say adds a second layer of orange peel. In general the wing doesn't bother me enough to where I would take the film off to either re-paint or correct.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@stanglife ,

FYI, my wing does have Xpel on it which some say adds a second layer of orange peel. In general the wing doesn't bother me enough to where I would take the film off to either re-paint or correct.
Yes, I agree, Xpel does add orange peel. Im curious to see what Jeff is talking about.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just lovely workmanship on a >$1000 part. Any takers on how good the $300 chi-com knock off looks?

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Can anyone comment on the finish of their R Wing? on my 16, the paint looked consistent - you could every so slightly make out that there was a little texture of carbon under there but overall it was great. On my 20, the paint (or very likely the resin) looks.....a big globbed on there. Just some inconsistent wavyness. WIll try to get pictures.
Mine did and the dealer ordered me a new one. Said it is on back order, so who knows how long it will be. They also ordered me a new strut brace as my current one has a long thin blue line across the leading edge.

The rim, I got told to pound sand...so I will be contacting Ford Corporate on that one. It is hard to see, inside edge of one of the rim spokes has a thin line of imperfection...almost like bubbles. Due to it being hard to see I missed it on my PDI. Car was pretty dirty as it did not want them to wash it. I found it after its first wash when I got it home. The dealer said it was damage, I think it was production error. They were not helpful, nor did they agree with me. Apparently they were not convincing to Ford as Ford stated it would be replaced. Go figure as they thought it was damaged. So I will be contacting Ford corporate. It will be a fight....which I will probably end up losing.

On a side note, when I bought the car from the dealer I contacted a high end car dealer that specializes in buying, selling, and transporting Ferraris, Lambos, and etc. Same dealer has a shop that does paint correction and PPF, which I hired them to do. The establishment is about 40 miles from the Ford dealer, and offered to pick the car up in their enclosed car hauler. I took them up on their offer fearing rock chips from the Ford dealer to their establishment. I found out after the fact they use sheepskin padded straps through my rims to tie the car down....I about flipped. The owner stated they transport all their high end cars that way and have had no damages reported. I can't prove the mark came from the straps and maybe it didn't. Still. Despite the owner telling me the straps were brand new, I cringed thinking of them rubbing on the dirty rims. I also found they did not do a paint correction on the rims before they did the ceramic coating. Excuse was it was brand new car. They are black painted rims, after a trip on the back of the transport they need the correction done before applying the ceramic coating. I guarantee a bright light would have showed imperfections....idiots to say the least.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, I agree, Xpel does add orange peel. Im curious to see what Jeff is talking about.
All true - there are some spots that are just orange peel and also PPF does introduce a certain amount of its own (although even more consistent than paint..and usually smaller/tighter) - you know me though and this is something....just not sure what yet. There are inconsistencies in the part at the least but in addition to that, could also have some abnormally piled up paint. Been getting ready for this storm (work obligations) so I hope to spend some time sorting this towards the end of the week.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
All true - there are some spots that are just orange peel and also PPF does introduce a certain amount of its own (although even more consistent than paint..and usually smaller/tighter) - you know me though and this is something....just not sure what yet. There are inconsistencies in the part at the least but in addition to that, could also have some abnormally piled up paint. Been getting ready for this storm (work obligations) so I hope to spend some time sorting this towards the end of the week.
Yes, I do know you. There is no BS about you. If its not the paint, then its the carbon fiber and you need to go get yourself another wing. How about some photos and maybe we can help.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Just curious, at what price point do you think we should expect a quality product?
The quality on these cars are not good. From the outside, they look great. Get into the car under the surface and not good. Wife Drives a 20 TRD Rav4 and my daily is a 17 TRD Pro 4 Runner. There is a night and day difference in the details. The 4Runner is made in Japan and the Rav in Canada. Ford's quality is mere talk when you compare them to other cars of similar or lower price points.

davrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Prem PP1-6MT
Brand new '20 GT PP1- returned it to the dealer last week (after a week of ownership) for a paint "pimple" on the roof, and a "gash" on the edge of the panel just in front of the rear passenger wheel.

Picking it back up tonight at the dealer, any suggestions for what I should be sure to "look out for" with dealer paint repair?

IMG_0122.png

_DSC1523.png

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
You guys just don't quit. There are cars that have a much higher quality rating. Buy one of those. Ford's are good relatively affordable cars. I think the internet is just the place to vent, there should be a site to vent about kids and marriage. Probably is one already.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Oh man, where do I begin...

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You guys just don't quit. There are cars that have a much higher quality rating. Buy one of those. Ford's are good relatively affordable cars. I think the internet is just the place to vent, there should be a site to vent about kids and marriage. Probably is one already.
I'm totally with you for most things. Panel alignment not so great....orange peel in the paint a little more than disirable....all of those kinds of things are the differences between this and say a GT3 that cost 3x as much. What I mainly complain about are things that are painfully obvious...things that should not have made it out of QC if anyone gave a damn. Panels that aren't painted completely....corrosion bubbles under the paint...damaged carbon fiber wheels from the factory...missing parts (no wing??)...the list goes on. I love my R, both of them and COMPLETELY agree that they are built to a price point... I'd argue with anyone to find a better performing car in this class for the money. There are just simple things that don't seem like they would cost much to remedy, that knock the ownership experience down some.

It's one thing to have the best value in a sports car in recent history.... it's another thing to be constantly reminded why it's the best "value".

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
GT350 price is $65K. BMW M2 Competition is performance car too with the sticker price of $62K. The quality is like day and night. GT350 price of $65K is not small amount of money to have such a terrible paint job.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 price is $65K. BMW M2 Competition is performance car too with the sticker price of $62K. The quality is like day and night. GT350 price of $65K is not small amount of money to have such a terrible paint job.
Remind me again why you did not purchase a BMW, missed that part.

Nailed it,
If the complainers (quality control experts) had their work reviewed, guessing an easy 50% failure, and the other 30% offering excuses.

OP what to look for, the paint to match.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ford loves people with low expectations ^^ since you assume that my work is subpar based on my opinions, somehow....Can I assume you have a below average looking SO based on your low standard of quality?
Sponsored