stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So Jeff,

Have you been able to take care of your quality issues? I'm almost there. The seats have a rattle to them and I'll get to that after the new harnesses arrive.

So how goes the project?
Haven’t really made a project out of it - it really shouldn’t need to be. I’ll just revel in my cynicism a little longer.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
because I've owned them my entire life. I can still own PoS american products if I choose to spend my money that way.

So what's beef ? "own PoS american products if I choose to spend my money that way.'

So keep it to yourself we don't want to hear your whining. We could be laughing at you ?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So what's beef ? "own PoS american products if I choose to spend my money that way.'

So keep it to yourself we don't want to hear your whining. We could be laughing at you ?
English not your first language? Or maybe alcohol involved?

Anyone who spends R money on a mustang should expext better. Its not like its an ordinary GT or ecoboost....

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Ford has always had quality issues. I used to work at a Ford dealer and some of the cars that came off the truck from the factory look like the workers had a game to see how fast they could put cars together drunk. I've seen cars with numerous paint runs, panel gaps you can damn near fit the tip of your finger into, Taillights that weren't screwed in etc.

I guess thats expected for of a company that sells a lot of fleet vehicles and throwaway people movers

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So Jeff,

Have you been able to take care of your quality issues? I'm almost there. The seats have a rattle to them and I'll get to that after the new harnesses arrive.

So how goes the project?
@Tomster

Not sure if you want to try and tackle the seat rattle yourself, but here’s (2) very good threads where other M6G members have found some seat rattle sources and noted their fixes:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-owners-interior-rattle.136609/#post-3007226

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/passenger-seat-rattle.147768/#post-3030976

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
English not your first language? Or maybe alcohol involved?

Anyone who spends R money on a mustang should expext better. Its not like its an ordinary GT or ecoboost....
I guess you expect folks to kiss your feet 'cause you own the R.

Maybe alcohol is involved on that side of the fence. Excuse me oh great R owner, but R stands for Race. You ever been around a real race car? You have the attitude of a poser.

You're paying the price for the equipment the R has been assembled with. You want the perfect car? Just maybe you need to look elsewhere. Stop crying in your beer.

Happy and thrilled to be owning and driving an ORDINARY GT.

To be clear as an owner of an ORDINARY GT, I'm having one hell of a lot more fun, owning & driving a ORDINARY GT then you R .

My English plain enough for ya, friend ?

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Maybe alcohol is involved on that side of the fence. Excuse me oh great R owner, but R stands for Race. You ever been around a real race car? You have the attitude of a poser.

You're paying the price for the equipment the R has been assembled with. You want the perfect car? Just maybe you need to look elsewhere. Stop crying in your beer.

To be clear as an owner of an ORDINARY GT, I'm having one hell of a lot more fun, owning & driving a ORDINARY GT then you R .

Yes I have, this is just funny. You don't know me very well.

Judging by your reply, you seem to have a GT complex, and an attitude to go along with it.

A guy spends a bunch of money on an R model..... i think he has a reasonable expectation to a quality build. Instead you call him a whiner because instead he got a car with many flaws? Hey newsflash, his wasnt an isolated instance.

Is kind of funny when you see people such as yourself hanging around a forum for a car you don't own. Its pathetic to see posts like yours criticizing owners who ploped down their hard earned cash and got a substandard product.

He's got every right to bitch, and on the other hand, you don't have the right to criticize him.

Have a nice day.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
@Tomster

Not sure if you want to try and tackle the seat rattle yourself, but here’s (2) very good threads where other M6G members have found some seat rattle sources and noted their fixes:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-owners-interior-rattle.136609/#post-3007226

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/passenger-seat-rattle.147768/#post-3030976
Thanks. I had installed the custom fabricated roll cage in the CFTP just the other day and am waiting on the new harnesses to arrive. When I install the harnesses, I will be removing the seat bolts and troubleshooting the noise at that time. To me it sounds like both seats have not been torqued down properly. Ill let you know how it goes.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th

OMG...he has no clue who he's dealing with...none! LOL

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think some people need to go back to page 1 and read the name of this thread....it is a thread to complain about what is wrong with your mustang. If some folks don't like to hear about complaints or bitches then stop reading this thread...dang it's just that simple.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Can anyone comment on the finish of their R Wing? on my 16, the paint looked consistent - you could every so slightly make out that there was a little texture of carbon under there but overall it was great. On my 20, the paint (or very likely the resin) looks.....a big globbed on there. Just some inconsistent wavyness. WIll try to get pictures.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Can anyone comment on the finish of their R Wing? on my 16, the paint looked consistent - you could every so slightly make out that there was a little texture of carbon under there but overall it was great. On my 20, the paint (or very likely the resin) looks.....a big globbed on there. Just some inconsistent wavyness. WIll try to get pictures.
My 19R was the same as your 20R. I did a lot of work to bring it back to where I would say it is acceptable. The underside was even worse.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I recently read that someone thought it was so horrible that they thought it was fiberglass? Jeff, knock on the wing, does it feel like CF?

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I recently read that someone thought it was so horrible that they thought it was fiberglass? Jeff, knock on the wing, does it feel like CF?
I'm not sure that I'd be able to tell by knocking on it... but with the 16, it was obviously CF...this one, you cant tell by looking at it and like I said, it's got some wavy in it. I hadn't considered that it could be anything but CF but the look does slightly resemble gel coat. I'm going to need to look at a couple other cars. I know there are some local Rs - maybe we can meet up soon.
Sponsored