Post your pictures of how Ford doesn't give a crap

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
My white car had a little slap...I've argued that it's normal because I've had it on a few cars but in all cases (for me)it reduced to nothing or almost nothing when the engine warmed up. That said, if it never MOSTLY went away and I could hear it prominently all the time, I probably would argue that it's not normal. My white R ran strong and didn't use oil. This new 20 silver R...I have 250 miles on it and honestly this thread is the first reminder than I had to check for sound, so I will let you know.
The piston slap // rattle does subside as the engine warms up but is still always audible .
Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The piston slap // rattle does subside as the engine warms up but is still always audible .
That was the white car - I don’t mind because when you think of what these cars are meant to do...they build them a little loose. If you get on it a bit to get more heat in the pistons - you might notice that it goes away.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t mind because when you think of what these cars are meant to do...they build them a little loose.
and yet F1 builds them so tight they have to pre-heat the oil and block so the piston will actually move. This isn't the 1940's when metallurgy was not well understood and "building it loose" was the bandaid. If they are building GT350 loose it's because Ford engineers are MORONS and/or their machine shop is using crap equipment or methodology.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
and yet F1 builds them so tight they have to pre-heat the oil and block so the piston will actually move. This isn't the 1940's when metallurgy was not well understood and "building it loose" was the bandaid. If they are building GT350 loose it's because Ford engineers are MORONS and/or their machine shop is using crap equipment or methodology.
Apparently so are the GM engineers. All the LT1 engines in the C7 have piston slap until they warm up. As a matter of fact, many GM engines in a wide range of models and engines have it.

Why are you here? You seem to be hatin most of the time.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As a matter of fact, many GM engines in a wide range of models and engines have it.
Well then Detroit-contracted machine shops are crap or are being allowed to have sloppy tolerances. The Japs and Koreans know how to get accuracy out of their equipment.

I'm hating on pathetic quality results out of any company.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Well then Detroit-contracted machine shops are crap or are being allowed to have sloppy tolerances. The Japs and Koreans know how to get accuracy out of their equipment.

And yet I don't see any japanese or korean vehicles in your signature. Weird...

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You don’t know what you’re talking about.

let’s stick to pictures of things that are for sure something that can be done betteras opposed to arguing about theories and opinions if the inner workings of an engine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And yet I don't see any japanese or korean vehicles in your signature.
because I've owned them my entire life. I can still own PoS american products if I choose to spend my money that way.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Apparently so are the GM engineers. All the LT1 engines in the C7 have piston slap until they warm up. As a matter of fact, many GM engines in a wide range of models and engines have it.

Why are you here? You seem to be hatin most of the time.
My LT1 has zero piston slap, they burn thru oil like a mofo tho

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
My LT1 has zero piston slap, they burn thru oil like a mofo tho
Our LT1 taps a little for a minute or two. Zero oil usage.

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

For high-end Japanese sports cars, the engines and transmissions are made in Japan by meticulous Japanese workers who take pride in their work. As well they should, because they make 99% of the parts going into the car. They’re not just assembling other people’s crap.

The Ford Getrag transmissions are made in China. The Ford Tremec transmissions are made in Mexico. If you are willing to pay Ford a premium, Ford will have your engine assembled from foreign made parts (block from Canada, rods and pistons from who knows where) somewhere in Michigan — but the workers who do it won’t give a shit about the quality. And why should they? There’s nothing American about the finished product. They’re just slapping together a bunch of junk from other countries so Ford can pin an American flag to it.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
For high-end Japanese sports cars, the engines and transmissions are made in Japan by meticulous Japanese workers who take pride in their work. As well they should, because they make 99% of the parts going into the car. They’re not just assembling other people’s crap.

The Ford Getrag transmissions are made in China. The Ford Tremec transmissions are made in Mexico. If you are willing to pay Ford a premium, Ford will have your engine assembled from foreign made parts (block from Canada, rods and pistons from who knows where) somewhere in Michigan — but the workers who do it won’t give a shit about the quality. And why should they? There’s nothing American about the finished product. They’re just slapping together a bunch of junk from other countries so Ford can pin an American flag to it.
And with our insatiable appetite for cheap anything, this will not change.
We need separate divisions within the same company. One for high end, expensive cars. I’m not familiar with Jaguar or Range Rover when Ford owned them so I don’t know if this works.
Doesn’t BMW produce cars in the US for our market? How do they compare to EU BMW’s?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So Jeff,

Have you been able to take care of your quality issues? I'm almost there. The seats have a rattle to them and I'll get to that after the new harnesses arrive.

So how goes the project?
Sponsored