Vehicle Showcase
Failure.
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I don't believe it's "price point"... it's over-all work ethic and Union mentality. My Porsche compared to my GT350 as it relates to fit/finish, build quality, service, sales, repairs........... it's a totally different ball game. Porsche treats every customer as though they purchased Carrara GT; Ford on the other hand, treats you like you just bought a Focus. Get in line, we'll fix your problem... I understand... I bought a Ford. As far as build ethics, we bought Focus ethics... a $70,000.00 build quality does not exist at Ford. Thank the Union for that.

I love my GT350 and have no complaints. Sure, I have build and quality issues, but I knew I was buying a Ford, not a Porsche.

I still like my Shelby more than my Porsche...!!!!

Union Disclaimer
I was born/raised in Detroit & all of my family work for the Big 3.... I have a lot of knowledge about the inside mentality of union attitude.
Not sure if it proves the point or not but my Fiesta ST that was built in Mexico has had no build quality issues whatsoever. Yeah, the grade of the materials is a bit less but the fit and finish is great for what itā€™s is. This is my second GT350 and all I can say is things were not great in 2017 but were definitely worse in 2019 lol.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Both aluminum fenders are corroding, most likely due to improper panel prep, which is a workmanship issue. Just waiting to see if the hood suffers the same fate before taking it in for warranty work - not looking forward to the dealer F***ing around with my car.

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Chuck:
The union could not care less about you or the customers who buy their product... as long as they keep their jobs!
Oh I have no doubt about that. They are part of the reason we have to pay the price we pay for our cars.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Anyone remember the C8 delay due to a massive strike? ā€œNow that the General Motors strike has ended and the agreement has been ratified, we will proceed to Ford,ā€ said UAW President Gary Jones. Sickening really. However, IMHO the deeper issue is a human condition issue. As long as the premise that the employer is focused on the maximum amount of employee productivity with the least amount of pay, and the employee is focused on the maximum amount of payment with the least amount of productivity; problems such as this will only continue (especially for large organizations/companies/bureaucracies). Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Just curious, at what price point do you think we should expect a quality product?
Well, I've got a $26K '17 VW in the fleet that has near flawless paint and panel fit.

It CAN be done.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the union, honestly. Stuff like this happens in places without unions too. Boeing's 787 plant in Charleston is non-unionized and the 787s out of Charleston are famous for being QC nightmares. Some airlines will only accept 787s that come out of the unionized factories out of Washington state. Before anyone mentions 737 MAX, that plane's problems had nothing to do with the union or build quality. Those problems were 100% driven by management wanting to cost cut and not listening to their engineers that told them those decisions were bad.
Yeah... talk about a nightmare. Word on the street here in Charleston is that Boeing management is not educating the local population they are hiring effectively. If thatā€™s the case, thatā€™s on Boeing... but when you find ladders left in mechanical places in your 787 thereā€™s a problem. Forgetting ladders?.. cā€™mon man. Sheesh.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Nice piece of metal protruding from the top of my driver side quarter. Factory tried to wet sand it and went through the clear. Fordā€™s motto, let the dealer deal with it.

I am leaving it as I donā€™t want paint work on a new car.

D40A7EA6-1B8C-4EE3-9942-3BEDF9BEFD8F.jpeg

68931685-0DEA-4101-9F9F-65BD8B5782F5.jpeg
My buddy's 19 Bullitt has that too. Coincidentally in about the same spot.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I really donā€™t have any complaints, yet. Body panel fir needs a little correction but thatā€™s common now days.
The only thing the dealership did was not replace the battery cover retaining screws and wanted me to pay for them to be replaced. Didnā€™t notice for a few days after purchase there were no screws at all. Doesnā€™t seem to matter one wit as it doesnā€™t move. The failure was from the dealership.
My car truly is amazing.

Pizzatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The only thing the dealership did was not replace the battery cover retaining screws and wanted me to pay for them to be replaced. Didnā€™t notice for a few days after purchase there were no screws at all. Doesnā€™t seem to matter one wit as it doesnā€™t move.
Same experience here with the missing screws for the battery cover but this may be on the dealership I purchased the car from. I could have the dealer mail them to me since they were on the other side of the country but the cover seems secure without them which is why it hasnt been a priority to get the screws.
Other than that its the usual bumper sag/alignment issue.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I walked my GT350R Heritage and looked very closely at the panel and door fit ups..

All looks pretty good with the exception of the L/R tail light assembly, I have the same problem as I have seen in a few others I looked at... the tail light bezel is the problem, not the deck lid.. I measured the right side and compared to the left side, the left side tail light assembly is driven in further then the right side.. Iā€™ll take the truck trim and carpet off this weekend to see what I have to do to remedy it! See attached pic!

583371B6-8AED-4ACB-B601-8D83FD9ABEBF.jpeg

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I would rather fix it, then chalk it up as a ā€œbirthmarkā€!

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I walked my GT350R Heritage and looked very closely at the panel and door fit ups..

All looks pretty good with the exception of the L/R tail light assembly, I have the same problem as I have seen in a few others I looked at... the tail light bezel is the problem, not the deck lid.. I measured the right side and compared to the left side, the left side tail light assembly is driven in further then the right side.. Iā€™ll take the truck trim and carpet off this weekend to see what I have to do to remedy it! See attached pic!

583371B6-8AED-4ACB-B601-8D83FD9ABEBF.jpeg
darn - my 16 was like that but only on one side but I was always trying to figure out how to adjust the panel - my 20 had the panel sticking out a hair on both sides so at least itā€™s even. Iā€™ll check the taillights if I end up digging in for another reason. thanks for the help realizing that :)
Sponsored