Post your pictures of how Ford doesn't give a crap

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Here's some of mine - plenty more to come! Just stick those bad boys on there however! UAW!

IMG_2251.jpeg
IMG_2249.jpeg
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
What is that? Mine did not come with those

Waiting for @Tomster to post in this thread after reading through his GT500 thread
My R had this when I picked it up. It's protective film the factory puts on the front fenders just behind the wheels. They also put a piece on the driver's side windshield wiper where it hits the hood if lifted.

On Jeff's car, it looks like someone was either in a rush to put them on or just being lazy.

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My R had this when I picked it up. It's protective film the factory puts on the front fenders just behind the wheels. They also put a piece on the driver's side windshield wiper where it hits the hood if lifted.

On Jeff's car, it looks like someone was either in a rush to put them on or just being lazy.
Mine had a black sticker on the wiper, but that was it

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That looks like PPF film, and not from the factory.

As much as Ford has been on my shit list recently, this isn't their (lack of) attention to detail.
I guess you didn't know that Rs get this...just like I didn't know that non-Rs did not ;). I imagine maybe the cup2 non-Rs also get it?

Mine didn't come with PPF on the wiper or a black sticker, just a scratched hood. Thanks UAW.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Waiting for @Tomster to post in this thread after reading through his GT500 thread
Few people have as many reasons to complain as @Tomster does but he really needs his own thread to contain all of that ;). He's taking it well, considering.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I guess you didn't know that Rs get this...just like I didn't know that non-Rs did not ;). I imagine maybe the cup2 non-Rs also get it?

Mine didn't come with PPF on the wiper or a black sticker, just a scratched hood. Thanks UAW.
My 19 Non R with cup 2's did NOT have that, unless dealer removed during PDI

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
What did we do before the web gave us a place to vent? If there is a forum to complain about marriage, well you get the picture.
These are relatively inexpensive performance cars. There are other manufactures that do much better a making sure each car is as close to perfect as possible. Pay more and hopefully you will be happy.
Very happy with my Shelby as are most people.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
What did we do before the web gave us a place to vent? If there is a forum to complain about marriage, well you get the picture.
These are relatively inexpensive performance cars. There are other manufactures that do much better a making sure each car is as close to perfect as possible. Pay more and hopefully you will be happy.
The internet apparently also gave people with nothing to add a place to complain about people who feel like they want to vent. The "pay more" argument...I'm not really going to get into that except to say it seems people forgot about the basics somewhere along the way... Do unto others....something worth doing....all those crazy things. These are interesting times.

Edit:
PS - I'm not directing that at you specifically - Not here to argue and I value your opinion (just realize, it's just that) - but genuinely, being able to vent or complain about someone else complaining are our own prerogatives.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Yes, I do recall that my Rs did come with those mini PPF pieces, but not looking like that. I was fortunate in that my Rs were VIP audits and there really was nothing to complain about. My GT500 CFTP has been a nightmare. Fit/finish, paint defects, wiring issues, you name it..... I spent a bunch of time with the car again today and I pretty much have it wrapped up. I am working on getting a defective brake bracket, but I cant get one. Its a recall item for 38,000 cars, but mine is not listed (despite the fact that it is the same exact bracket that is under recall).

Its a shame, these cars are great on paper. If you are lucky enough to get a good one that was assembled correctly, then you are lucky. Otherwise, these cars are a big surprise awaiting you down the road or if you poke around and do some digging yourself.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just curious, at what price point do you think we should expect a quality product?

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The internet apparently also gave people with nothing to add a place to complain about people who feel like they want to vent. The "pay more" argument...I'm not really going to get into that except to say it seems people forgot about the basics somewhere along the way... Do unto others....something worth doing....all those crazy things. These are interesting times.

Edit:
PS - I'm not directing that at you specifically - Not here to argue and I value your opinion (just realize, it's just that) - but genuinely, being able to vent or complain about someone else complaining are our own prerogatives.
You are right about needing a place to vent. We use to do that with are car buddies. Now we have people giving Ford a bad name when there is no way to know how the brand is doing over all. All I'm saying is I had a problem with my Shelby and Ford bought it back. I didn't go on the web and act like Ford did something bad on purpose. Stuff happens, fix it or get another car.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Just curious, at what price point do you think we should expect a quality product?
Good question, Guess I'm happy with the deal and car I got. But then I don't buy when there are markups. I waited till 17 just because everyone was paying dealer markups.
Back in 2007 I had a 1967 GT500. I thought how cool would it be to have 2007 GT500. I was the first on the list at my local First dealer in VA. Long story is guys kept calling and agreeing to markups so I never got one. It's just crazy the way we drive up the prices and then expect these cars to be from a higher end manufacturer.
Sponsored