Post your pictures of how Ford doesn't give a crap

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
@stanglife. I measured both sides, the left is definitely set in further then the right. After I get it apart, I think the challenge is going to be making sure it is sealed properly so water doesn’t get in.. I’ll let you know what I find.. plan is to dig into it this weekend if I don’t have to work.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
70,000 + dollars is a lot of damn money !!!
I can't believe some seem to think that amount of money doesn't warrant better quality from a manufacturer.

My 19R had the typical issues. Panel gap fitment issues and the rubbing tail lights (which I fixed myself).

I also have that small "pimple" looking defect on my paint. I believe it's on my passenger side front fender. My car is white so it doesn't stand out much. Luckily it's protected by PPF so it shouldn't be much of an issue down the road.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I can't believe some seem to think that amount of money doesn't warrant better quality from a manufacturer.

My 19R had the typical issues. Panel gap fitment issues and the rubbing tail lights (which I fixed myself).

I also have that small "pimple" looking defect on my paint. I believe it's on my passenger side front fender. My car is white so it doesn't stand out much. Luckily it's protected by PPF so it shouldn't be much of an issue down the road.
my dad has it in the same place on his 20 gt500

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I agree.
It's definitely not a Porsche, but 70K,......it better be put together pretty darn good.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My 20 GT has horrible weld sparks on the upper front frame rails in the engine compartment. Looks like a blind man or robot did the work. My car was a QC pull though so everything else on it is really nice, no complaints really..

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Considering everyone's issues (mine has mirrored dimples on both front fenders), I doubt we could just place most blame on the UAW? Ha!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, at what price point do you think we should expect a quality product?
if we use public school funding as a guide (how much money per student yields an educated student?), there is no amount of money that produces a quality product. Clearly 60 grand (GT350) didn't suffice, nor 73 (GT350R). And clearly not even 85,000+(GT500).

And yet Freedom of Association states (no mandatory union) the workmanship by the uneducated hayseeds and Bible-thumping rednecks easily outclasses the rust belt workforce. Must be something in the water and the church-going. And the diet of fried everything. Down there they drink whiskey whereas up north they drink that shit Miller, Coors and worst of all Iron City.

Give those northurners proper diet and the Mustangs will come out looking as good as Civics.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also have that small "pimple" looking defect on my paint.
If I had to guess it's an artifact from a panel grab rivet that is trimmed but is then supposed to be ground flat and it's being missed.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Both aluminum fenders are corroding, most likely due to improper panel prep, which is a workmanship issue. Just waiting to see if the hood suffers the same fate before taking it in for warranty work - not looking forward to the dealer F***ing around with my car.

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG
Wow, that is unacceptable , how can that be with today’s zillion dollar paint booth and robots ? Aren’t these cars e-coated before paint ?

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
if we use public school funding as a guide (how much money per student yields an educated student?), there is no amount of money that produces a quality product. Clearly 60 grand (GT350) didn't suffice, nor 73 (GT350R). And clearly not even 85,000+(GT500).

And yet Freedom of Association states (no mandatory union) the workmanship by the uneducated hayseeds and Bible-thumping rednecks easily outclasses the rust belt workforce. Must be something in the water and the church-going. And the diet of fried everything. Down there they drink whiskey whereas up north they drink that shit Miller, Coors and worst of all Iron City.

Give those northurners proper diet and the Mustangs will come out looking as good as Civics.
Being I'm from the south I can't disagree with that. I've never lived in the rust belt but have visited and there certainly is a different mentality up there. There seems to be a lack of pride in workmanship. Its all about quantity over quality. I miss the days when price didn't dictate quality. Even cheap stuff can be made correctly. Sure the materials or bells and whistles may not be as nice as the expensive items but it should still have quality work done. Oh well....welcome to the instant gratification world.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
I have vented on this in another thread here but my gripe is piston rattle / slap from my engine . I work for a busy Ford dealer and our best guy checked it out and handed me a TSB from Ford saying the piston rattle is normal and will not affect engine longevity . I took it to another dealer not affiliated with us and paid 150.00 for diagnosis and got the same thing . Car runs strong and burns a half quart of oil every 1,000 miles (NORMAL) but the rattle is so annoying , and it sounds like a SHITBOX . I couldn't even sell the car if I wanted too because no one in their right mind would believe that the sound is normal , I sure don't . This is really my only gripe with the car but to me , its a doosie .
Sure I could trade in the car , start over at 70K , but may develop piston noise in the new car ! So I reluctantly live with it . I only wish I had half you other fellas problems , most seem easily correctable other then dealing with a
20,000.00 motor that Ford wont touch for piston slap / rattle . :-( P.S. I am not belittling anyone else's issues , I like all of you would be pissed about all these things ....
Thanks for the rant .

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
our best guy checked it out and handed me a TSB from Ford saying the piston rattle is normal and will not affect engine longevity
It would be interesting if we had bore out-of-round, piston out-of-round, ring gap, wrist pin clearance figures. But we'd have to take your engine apart and have GOOD measurement equipment. Maybe give those guys on TV who film themselves 'building' all manner of hotrod engines a call and see if they'll measure everything for us. Then they can film themselves re-cutting bores, putting in the correct pistons and rings and air it. And give Ford HQ a giant middle finger on how not to ruin a good engine with shit specs and worse assembly.

Whaddya want to guess the Kia Stinger engine tolerances are vastly superior?

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My white car had a little slap...I've argued that it's normal because I've had it on a few cars but in all cases (for me)it reduced to nothing or almost nothing when the engine warmed up. That said, if it never MOSTLY went away and I could hear it prominently all the time, I probably would argue that it's not normal. My white R ran strong and didn't use oil. This new 20 silver R...I have 250 miles on it and honestly this thread is the first reminder than I had to check for sound, so I will let you know.
Sponsored