Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
34F806B8-F811-440C-A890-816A68D9045F.jpeg

This was a scratch on the drivers side hood. I wet sanded it out very slowly with 5000 grit paper. I told the dealer NOT to clean the car. The first day I had it home I spend 10 hours paint correcting.
5114FC57-8618-456C-842D-D85829DD00CB.jpeg
The car was released and sat in Michigan for 3 months before it shipped. This crap was under the battery cover.
I think I had 30 to 40 hours into it before I was finally satisfied with the paint. Love the car but Ford needs to put much more effort into quality and streamline their Shipping process.
D4C78922-776A-4A2A-AE72-FD86DEC64627.jpeg

The car now. This is how ford should deliver a car. (Yah, I know I’m dreaming, I’ll wake up and fluff my pillow)
Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Was the scratch caused by the dealer, or shipping, do you know?

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
My list is very long. And so far I chose not to go too public with this but here is just a preview (there were a lot more things that had to be addressed). This is how my R came from the Ford/UAW assembly line (front left bumper area). Coupled with installing the splitter on top caused over $2k damage that took me 9 months to convince the selling dealer and Ford to take care of. (Splitter, belly pan, hockey stick and wheel liner were all damaged, luckily no damage to anything painted )

IMG_3567.jpg

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Was the scratch caused by the dealer, or shipping, do you know?
It was from shipping. Talking with a mechanic who had his Saleen Mustang parked next to my car said it came off the truck that way and it was noted by the receiver. The dealer offered to have it repainted but I didn’t have confidence it would match perfectly. It would also bother me to have a new car repainted. I’ve been detailing cars since 1974 (not as my job, I was a draftsman and worked in engineering office for 47 years) and I was confident I could get the scratch out. The scratch is gone 100%. It also had multiple blemishes in the clear coat from sitting outside so long, I got those out also. I’m a fanatic that enjoys polishing my car — constantly!
DDD6CDC5-038E-4123-91AD-C6138B8830A3.jpeg
A84A7360-187D-47B7-8823-826BCC1BFEBF.jpeg

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Good question, Guess I'm happy with the deal and car I got. But then I don't buy when there are markups. I waited till 17 just because everyone was paying dealer markups.
Back in 2007 I had a 1967 GT500. I thought how cool would it be to have 2007 GT500. I was the first on the list at my local First dealer in VA. Long story is guys kept calling and agreeing to markups so I never got one. It's just crazy the way we drive up the prices and then expect these cars to be from a higher end manufacturer.
Oh I do agree with the prices part. Supply and demand, as long as people will pay those high prices they will charge them. I saw the same thing with fishing lures. A $5 crank bait was the norm, then they came out with "hand painted" ones and charged 15 bucks and everyone paid it. Now the norm is 15 bucks. Cars are the same. But with that said, I still expect a quality product no matter the price. To me a cheaper price means less options not poor workmanship.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You are right about needing a place to vent. We use to do that with are car buddies. Now we have people giving Ford a bad name when there is no way to know how the brand is doing over all. All I'm saying is I had a problem with my Shelby and Ford bought it back. I didn't go on the web and act like Ford did something bad on purpose. Stuff happens, fix it or get another car.
You’re making no sense except to make clear that you believe that everyone should agree with you or they are wrong. There will be no reasoning with you, I’m sure.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Just curious, at what price point do you think we should expect a quality product?
I don't believe it's "price point"... it's over-all work ethic and Union mentality. My Porsche compared to my GT350 as it relates to fit/finish, build quality, service, sales, repairs........... it's a totally different ball game. Porsche treats every customer as though they purchased Carrara GT; Ford on the other hand, treats you like you just bought a Focus. Get in line, we'll fix your problem... I understand... I bought a Ford. As far as build ethics, we bought Focus ethics... a $70,000.00 build quality does not exist at Ford. Thank the Union for that.

I love my GT350 and have no complaints. Sure, I have build and quality issues, but I knew I was buying a Ford, not a Porsche.

I still like my Shelby more than my Porsche...!!!!

Union Disclaimer
I was born/raised in Detroit & all of my family work for the Big 3.... I have a lot of knowledge about the inside mentality of union attitude.

Last edited:

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't believe it's "price point"... it's over-all work ethic and Union mentality. My Porsche compared to my GT350 as it relates to fit/finish, build quality, service, sales, repairs........... it's a totally different ball game. Porsche treats every customer as though they purchased Carrara GT; Ford on the other hand, treats you like you just bought a Focus. Get in line, we'll fix your problem... I understand. As far as build ethics, we bought Focus ethics... a $70,000.00 build quality does not exist at Ford. Thank the Union for that.

I love my GT350 and have no complaints. Sure, I have build and quality issues, but I knew I was buying a Ford, not a Porsche.

I still like my Shelby more than my Porsche...!!!!

Union Disclaimer
I was born/raised in Detroit & all of my family work for the Big 3.... I have a lot of knowledge about the inside mentality of union attitude.
No, I bought a 60,000 dollar car, I don't car who made it I expect a quality product. Just like I expect from a 20,000 dollar car. If Ford and the union can't do this then maybe they should get out of the business. Price doesn't dictate quality, it dictates the amount of additional stuff that comes with your car..ie...performance components, electronics and so on....

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
No, I bought a 60,000 dollar car, I don't car who made it I expect a quality product. Just like I expect from a 20,000 dollar car. If Ford and the union can't do this then maybe they should get out of the business. Price doesn't dictate quality, it dictates the amount of additional stuff that comes with your car..ie...performance components, electronics and so on....
Chuck:
The union could not care less about you or the customers who buy their product... as long as they keep their jobs!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Here's some of mine - plenty more to come! Just stick those bad boys on there however! UAW!

IMG_2251.jpeg
IMG_2249.jpeg
Ya that looks like shitty job paying attention to detail. They did not get that straight on obviously. My 18 R has the protective film on from the factory. It's looks to be perfect on both sides luckily.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A buyback is not a pretty or easy process. You don't get it all back. We, as a consumer, have a reasonable expectation that our purchases will be for a quality product.... free from flaws and defects. This latest process for me has been unacceptable. I chose to go the extra mile and fix a bunch of the stuff myself and let ford cover other stuff.

That should not be. Ford should deliver a quality product the first time. There should be no reliance on after the fact fixes because the average worker can't do their job.

Someone said it. If they can't consistently deliver quality the majority of the time then they ought to figure out how to reinvent themselves. This lack of regard for quality is harmful to the brand. It is ford's fault a thread like this exists. It is certainly not the fault of the people who spent their hard earned money to buy a lacking product.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
There are other things I could post but I started with these ppf pieces for a reason. It’s a perfect example of something so simple to do right but someone with little pride in their work goofed it up...then very likely someone who is supposed to QC it either didn’t see it or was like, “Good enough!”.

Then someone inevitably suggests that if I want a better car, I should spend more money? Is this an example of something that you’d only expect to be done correctly if you spend over $150k?

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I guess you didn't know that Rs get this...just like I didn't know that non-Rs did not ;). I imagine maybe the cup2 non-Rs also get it?

Mine didn't come with PPF on the wiper or a black sticker, just a scratched hood. Thanks UAW.
My 2020 non-R came with none of that... also I had no QC issues other than the rear bumper being slightly out of allignment. The dealership took like 10 minutes to fix that.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Nice piece of metal protruding from the top of my driver side quarter. Factory tried to wet sand it and went through the clear. Ford’s motto, let the dealer deal with it.

I am leaving it as I don’t want paint work on a new car.

D40A7EA6-1B8C-4EE3-9942-3BEDF9BEFD8F.jpeg

68931685-0DEA-4101-9F9F-65BD8B5782F5.jpeg

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Chuck:
The union could not care less about you or the customers who buy their product... as long as they keep their jobs!
I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the union, honestly. Stuff like this happens in places without unions too. Boeing's 787 plant in Charleston is non-unionized and the 787s out of Charleston are famous for being QC nightmares. Some airlines will only accept 787s that come out of the unionized factories out of Washington state. Before anyone mentions 737 MAX, that plane's problems had nothing to do with the union or build quality. Those problems were 100% driven by management wanting to cost cut and not listening to their engineers that told them those decisions were bad.
Sponsored