Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Just took delivery of my 2021, and I'm in love 😻

qiJpzCa.jpg
X5v1fO8.jpg
yAhsppS.jpg

d5IGD1x.jpg

I'm only about 20 miles deep, but I friggin love this car... It's everything I loved about my 2015 GT PP with nothing I didn't.
Congrats. Looking forward to the comparison/pros/cons to the Cayman.
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
We used to drive all over the rockies near Denver when we lived in Littleton. Here is a pic from 1992 that actually made it into Mustang Monthly in the way back, maybe before some here were born, lol
img296 (2).jpg

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Me and my cousin's, circa 1992
img468 (2).jpg
img467 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Congrats. Looking forward to the comparison/pros/cons to the Cayman.
I haven't driven the Mach 1 very hard yet. I'm "breaking it in" for now (and I can tell the tires are not yet ready for any real fun at the moment, either). Buuut... I've tried pushing it juuust a little around some corners and romping up to 3500-4K or so.

The long story short based on my very minimal experience thus far is that I think the Cayman is the superior "driver's car" and track car for all the reasons you've probably already seen in those myriad hackneyed YouTube Porsche GT reviews.

To expand, I think the GT4 is [probably] faster, more balanced, and more predictable and fun at the limits. Easier to drive fast with AND learn with. I think it also sounds better, even as glorious as a 7500-rpm NA V8 sounds. It holds you in place far better under high lateral Gs, and the shifter is slightly more satisfying. I don't have the recaros in the Mustang, but I've sat in them, and I'm doubtful they'd be quite as good as the GT4's carbon bucket seats.

I know my last Mustang ('15 GT PP) pushed like crazy at the track (stock tire setup, though), and the manual was an absolute chore. You could definitely feel the weight and balance disadvantage. I'm positive the Mach 1 will have improved in all of this, but I'm doubtful it'll be as good as the GT4's experience.

On the street, though, both cars were comparably fun in different ways, which is part of why I liked the idea of having both as complements to each other. FR 'Murica V8 vs MR German flat-6.

Still, if I had to pick just one car to keep.... Overall... it might be the Mach 1 I think, though time will tell. I feel like the 10/10ths experience won't be THAT far behind the GT4, but on the street, the comfortable seating position, ride, and amenities (yes, better than Porsche's, even today) are too much to ignore. I think it might be the better balanced experience.