Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Today, we have here the best winter weather to cook some spare ribs. 😋

1674911078936.png

@XeninWorX
Would you like to share the recipe for these exquisite looking (and I'm sure tasting just as good) croissants? 🙃
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Today, we have here the best winter weather to cook some spare ribs. 😋

1674911078936.png

@XeninWorX
Would you like to share the recipe for these exquisite looking (and I'm sure tasting just as good) croissants? 🙃
We usually don’t put ours on the grill because we don’t wanna waste all that propane but damn I love that rack.
looks great. Any pictures of the finished product?

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@The Demon
Unfortunately no pictures of the meal, but I can assure that it was very tasty. 😋
We eat the spare rips quite simple with some cole slaw and pita bread with some herb butter (Meggle Kräuter Butter).

I expect the gas consumption should be kept within limits, the temperature must be maintained only around 100 °C / 212 °F (for about 5...6 h)? 🤔
My grill is fueled exclusively with charcoal (also no pressed briquettes 😉), the consumption is hardly higher than for a normal BBQ.

...but damn I love that rack.
You won't believe it, that is a cheap, misused gadget from IKEA. 😇

The rib holders are actually $8 organizers for pot lids, called VARIERA (#701.548.00), we have 4 in total (necessary number for my larger roasting pan). They are made of stainless steel, the rubber feet have been replaced by cap nuts (metric thread; M5, if I remember correctly). Through the cap nuts there is room for some water, so drip off does not burn in and you are able to control the temperature a little better.

The bowls are stainless steel roasting pans with the product name KONCIS (#900.990.54). I also have them in half (#500.558.63, for transport between grill and table), and double size ( #100.990.53, for a larger quantity of spare ribs).

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/variera-pot-lid-organizer-stainless-steel-70154800/
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/koncis-roasting-pan-stainless-steel-50055863/
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/koncis-roasting-pan-with-grill-rack-stainless-steel-10099053/
The size shown in my picture (#900.990.54) does not seem to be available in the US, but such a stainless steel roasting pan is not only available at Ikea.

Last edited:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
tempImageTp24XP.jpg

Corned beef hash, straight from the can but the poached eggs are all mine. Finally found a way to cook them perfectly every time.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
tempImageTp24XP.jpg

Corned beef hash, straight from the can but the poached eggs are all mine. Finally found a way to cook them perfectly every time.
No shame in canned Corned Beef Hash, I just bought some this past weekend! Didn't think about having them with poached eggs, looks GREAT!!!

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Dungeness crab cakes with caper dill aioli and Kumos with shallot mignonette paired with rose' champagne. Roasted bone marrow, Italian fonduta, bread, and Caesar salad paired with an Italian Barbaresco. You already know I made the croutons and the dressing for the Caesar.

The picture presentation is pretty lame because in addition to the drink pairings, there was some Knob Creek flowing. I was feeling pretty good by the last course.

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Dungeness crab cakes with caper dill aioli and Kumos with shallot mignonette paired with rose' champagne. Roasted bone marrow, Italian fonduta, bread, and Caesar salad paired with an Italian Barbaresco. You already know I made the croutons and the dressing for the Caesar.

The picture presentation is pretty lame because in addition to the drink pairings, there was some Knob Creek flowing. I was feeling pretty good by the last course.

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg
Holy Smokes! Helluva spread!

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Holy Smokes! Helluva spread!
Thanks man! COVID killed my smell and taste for almost a couple months now. They're mostly back, or I've become more used to it, but I thought the time was right to do some good eating. It was a fun night.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Thanks man! COVID killed my smell and taste for almost a couple months now. They're mostly back, or I've become more used to it, but I thought the time was right to do some good eating. It was a fun night.
I hate to hear that but glad you're on the mend!

It looks awesome! Whoever follows up with the next meal pic better bring their A-Game hahaha!!!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg
You know, I’m pretty close by, I could swing by for a bite to eat.

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't had a PB and banana sandwich in a long time...my inspiration was the bag of hot dog buns sitting next to the bananas...*lightbulb*

20230206_145750.jpg
I showed this to my wife who said being from the south they used to have mayonnaise and banana sandwiches. OMG.!!

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I showed this to my wife who said being from the south they used to have mayonnaise and banana sandwiches. OMG.!!
I've been told that before but I've never tried it...I'm in GA, apparently it really is a thing lol

If I add anything, it's usually a little honey