Sponsored

Post YOUR home made meals or sandwich

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I might do that, but it's defo got it's work cut out to compare with grilled Lea & Perrins on cheese on toast :

WD :like:
This got my attention. How does this come together? You just splash some on your cheese, does it soak the bread, or something else entirely?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This got my attention. How does this come together? You just splash some on your cheese, does it soak the bread, or something else entirely?
The retro advert that put us onto it :

Thinly sliced cheese, drip the L&P on and then carefully put it in the grill without it running off through the gaps and soaking into the bread :like:

My misses will also put it on cheesy baked potatoes before returning them to the oven to melt and bubble the cheese - some defo runs into the spud though.

L&P is also great at livening up potato hash / hotpot / lobby :like:

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I actually have the salt reduced version................

IMG_1581.jpg

Wait till you try it with cheese!
Already did! :like: :like:

I used some good ol' processed American cheese. It's a guilty pleasure. No Kerry Gold Irish butter was spared.

I'll go with the low sodium version of both Vegimite and Marmite when these jars need replacing. The saltiness is really my only complaint about both.

Although I haven't had it for years so I've no recent comparison, Vegemite instantly reminded me of Bovril ?

1663747413779.png

1663747352868.png

I might do that, but it's defo got it's work cut out to compare with grilled Lea & Perrins on cheese on toast :

1663747634208.png

I forgot all about Bovril. That's another thing I've been meaning to try for years.

I use L&P Worcestershire as an ingredient it a lot of different things, but never heard of it used on toast. I'll have to try that too now. LOL

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
@WD Pro

Give me some tea recommendations please. What are you Brits actually drinking?"

My dad brought some loose leaf black back from London years ago. It was better than all then all I find here.

I go though a lot of tea. English Breakfast from Twinings is my bagged jam. Scottish and Irish teas are my go to a strong coffee replacement.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Strong tea. Like really strong. Dark as coffee, needing some cream to cut it. No sugar. Strong as fuck tea, with a splash of cream to cut it down.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got to be honest, although we like to drink tea, we aren't really tea connoisseurs ... lol

We are also lazy, we are a tea bag brew in the cup family, unless we go to my parents and then it's still bags, but from a pot.

In general and unless you are really posh, loose tea is pretty much reserved for tea rooms and even then, maybe only around 50% of them will be on traditional loose tea (with china cups and pots lol).

I do think a big / underestimated factor in the taste of tea, is the water it's made from. We have very good soft water where we live (zero water spots if left to dry on the car and no need for filters anywhere in the house). We've taken bags from home when we have been camping and the taste difference in a different area is considerable.

OK now that's out of the way, my daily brew is 'Tetley' which is reasonably cheap, it's popular around here and it's also what they supply us with at work.

https://tetley.shop/collections/everyday-tea/products/tetley-original-tea

To further the horror, at home we also have Tetley decaf as caffeine does me or the misses no favours (unless its race day) as we like to have a brew watching TV before bed.

The twinings breakfast tea you mention is also quite popular around here and it's probably the most popular one if grabbing a quality brew when out and about.

Yorkshire tea is also good and we recently tried Yorkshire gold (specially for the queens funeral) which is a little stronger and darker, it's also a little posher as it adds a string to the bag.

https://www.yorkshiretea.co.uk/our-teas

'Smugglers Brew' is worth a mention, it's our default tea when we are down in Cornwall (southernmost England) as our default Tetley bags don't taste the same down there :

https://www.cornish-tea.co.uk/collections/smugglers-brew

'Tea Pigs' is really nice but compared to other offerings, it's reasonably expensive and not that easy to get hold of. I buy it when it's on special and keep it for work - I only have one brew per working day and it's always in the morning so caffeine is OK at that time.

https://www.teapigs.co.uk/products/...cJwKXOT1ScEB6Lydugxz-tbBGQNXKQmMaAp4hEALw_wcB

One brew per working day might sound bad, but here's my mug with a standard teaspoon at the side for scale :

1663842133084.jpeg

After it's topped off with milk, there's a pint and a third in there ...

It's Baymax from Disney if people were wondering. Themed mugs make great presents from the kids and do a good job of livening up my office desk or bringing a bit of lightheartedness to a meeting :

1663842163712.jpeg

1663842191045.jpeg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I do think a big / underestimated factor in the taste of tea, is the water it's made from
I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Have you tried Rooibos tea? It's South African brew that doesn't contain caffeine. Subtly different flavour to normal leaf tea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve not, but it looks like a local store sells it and I have seen red bush around - might have to get myself some red bush … :giggle:

Just to spoil everyone’s night, picture me lay in the bath with my bedtime cup of tea, yeah, that really is what I’m doing as I type this … :cwl:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Loaded taco baked potatoes for dinner tonight. Killer. you won’t even be able to tell there’s a baked potato under there but there is.
60977101-34AD-48A7-80A2-650A0EC6DD10.jpeg

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Loaded taco baked potatoes for dinner tonight. Killer. you won’t even be able to tell there’s a baked potato under there but there is.
60977101-34AD-48A7-80A2-650A0EC6DD10.jpeg
Dang, it's not even 5:30am and now I'm HUNGRY!!! That looks awesome!

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried Rooibos tea? It's South African brew that doesn't contain caffeine. Subtly different flavour to normal leaf tea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos
Damn you … lol

1663937846262.jpeg

I’m in the office again today so I went for a walk to the shops on my lunch, guess I’ve got a lot of tea drinking to do this afternoon :giggle: