Sponsored

Post YOUR home made meals or sandwich

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
this looks so good, how did you make this soup?
Thanks! I used this recipe for inspiration. Instead of discarding the skins, I crisped them up at 450 in the oven for a crunchy topper for the soup. I also put one on a biscuit with some butter and made a little chicken skin sandwich because, why not?

https://natashaskitchen.com/chicken-pot-pie-soup/

11E9FC78-68B9-40F3-8411-C27637D219DB.jpeg
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Happy Easter (if you celebrate it)! Hosting brunch this morning, grilling a ham and lamb leg among other things

0324B558-EDE1-404E-A729-B077220795FB.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
CE93F0E1-E1F4-4ACF-9361-24B0EDAA6260.jpeg

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
A big “swing and a miss” for me. I tried frog legs for the first time. While the actual legs were tasty, I did an embarrassing job of frying them. Meh, they all can’t be winners. I would like to try them again prepared by someone who knows what they’re doing.

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
A big “swing and a miss” for me. I tried frog legs for the first time. While the actual legs were tasty, I did an embarrassing job of frying them. Meh, they all can’t be winners. I would like to try them again prepared by someone who knows what they’re doing.

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg
Dude, kind of looking like deep fried road kill lol

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg
Try double coating them next time. Liquid then your dry coating, liquid again then dry coating again. Should hold up better in the fryer next time

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Dude, kind of looking like deep fried road kill lol
HA! You aren't wrong my friend. I'll consider it an end of the world preparedness exercise.
Try double coating them next time. Liquid then your dry coating, liquid again then dry coating again. Should hold up better in the fryer next time
Thank you for the tip! I very rarely fry anything. I think I also did the rookie move of letting my oil get too cool. :facepalm:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Meh, they all can’t be winners.
And now I know who jinxed me!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!

I came to post a "meh" also, I figured we should share our successes and failures. And then I saw your post :facepalm:

Mine wasn't terrible but I was expecting a solid home run.

I pulled the sirloin tip roast from the oven with the probe reading 135° and it carried over to almost 140° so it should have been great, I like my red meat medium. But as you can see, it was still pretty rare. I sliced/cubed it and gave it some more time in the cast iron griddle. Still should have been awesome, but for some reason it was tough and not a lot of flavor. This was a whole tip that I butchered myself.
20230412_152754.jpg
20230412_160851.jpg
20230412_173406.jpg
20230412_180221.jpg
20230412_180229.jpg

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I actually did eat some of the rare, and it wasn't bad. Just my preference to be a little more cooked than that.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
And now I know who jinxed me!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!

I came to post a "meh" also, I figured we should share our successes and failures. And then I saw your post :facepalm:

Mine wasn't terrible but I was expecting a solid home run.

I pulled the sirloin tip roast from the oven with the probe reading 135° and it carried over to almost 140° so it should have been great, I like my red meat medium. But as you can see, it was still pretty rare. I sliced/cubed it and gave it some more time in the cast iron griddle. Still should have been awesome, but for some reason it was tough and not a lot of flavor. This was a whole tip that I butchered myself.
I know you made this sacrifice just to help me cope with my frog leg fiasco and I appreciate it! Kidding aside, I never would have known anything was up as your pictures look damn delicious to me. A little toughness just burns more calories upon consumption, eh? Ha!

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I know you made this sacrifice just to help me cope with my frog leg fiasco and I appreciate it! Kidding aside, I never would have known anything was up as your pictures look damn delicious to me. A little toughness just burns more calories upon consumption, eh? Ha!
Frog leg fiasco lmao! The finished product didn’t look bad at all. You'll knock it out the park next time!

My roast looked great in person. I thought I was really onto something. Looking at the pic, seems I didn't push the probe all the way in. I wonder if it gave me a false reading. After cubing/stir frying, I had some pieces here and there that were really pretty good but most was meh. I'm kind of confused...I have another one to try one day so I might plan a different attack for that one lol!

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
HA! You aren't wrong my friend. I'll consider it an end of the world preparedness exercise.

Thank you for the tip! I very rarely fry anything. I think I also did the rookie move of letting my oil get too cool. :facepalm:
I've also added a little of the dry to the milkwash, but not too thick. Seems to help the dry stick to the meat better. I actually read to do that on the back of a package so I try to remember to do that everytime. Usually when I'm doing fish/shrimp or chicken but would probably work on frog legs too.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Frog leg fiasco lmao! The finished product didn’t look bad at all. You'll knock it out the park next time!

My roast looked great in person. I thought I was really onto something. Looking at the pic, seems I didn't push the probe all the way in. I wonder if it gave me a false reading. After cubing/stir frying, I had some pieces here and there that were really pretty good but most was meh. I'm kind of confused...I have another one to try one day so I might plan a different attack for that one lol!
But if the probe wasn't all rhe way in, why did it carry over almost 5° while it rested on the counter?

Yes I'm replying to myself 😆
Sponsored