Sponsored

Post YOUR home made meals or sandwich

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Mum (coming up on 73) still insists on cooking Christmas dinner for children and grandchildren (13 of us).

WD :like:
God bless moms like that. As hard as they are graceful. They just don’t make them like they used to. The spread looks amazing. Cheers friend!
Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Quick snack action. Detroit style pepperoni pizza. Crispy edges were all that I hoped for.

Disclaimer: I did use store bought pizza dough. I know, I’m sad too. It was awesome though for such little effort.

92A98A21-1D3C-4959-A871-0EF783F4A8B9.jpeg

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Too much rich holiday food. Made a simple mushroom pasta and salad last night.

IMG_1363.jpeg

For Christmas dinner, Mrs. Yutani requested medium-rare picanha. Well, OK lady. Didn't want to micro-manage it so I Sous Vide it and then blasted it with the broiler.

IMG_1355.jpeg

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Just pulled a corned beef out of the oven. I love the Dutch oven method but really I'm not gonna turn down ANY corned beef lol...

I like to do my own from scratch but hopefully this counts since it was already corned.

Got potatoes and onions underneath it and I have a cabbage I'm gonna shred up and fry later on...it looks so good even my spoon rest is jealous...

20221231_132550.jpg

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
My favorite! I've never attempted to make it myself tho lol
Give it a try! Here is the recipe I followed. Not traditional but simple and tasty.

Personal notes:
1. The onions cooked down for 2.5 hours. Once a lot of the liquid is gone, stir pretty frequently to keep them from burning
2. I used sweet onions. The flavor was complex but sweet. Maybe use white or yellow onions for a less sweet, more traditional flavor
3. I did not add the sherry or chives
4. Slice your baguette thick. I buttered and toasted both sides of the baguette slices for max crunch and to stand up to the soup liquid better. After toasting I rubbed a clove of raw garlic on them. There is no garlic in this recipe, so if you like garlic, this step took it over the top. The bites with the bread were incredible
5. I used beef bone broth. It was expensive but the broth choice has a huge impact on the end product. If you don’t use a homemade broth, pick a good store bought bone broth

Post up your results!

D00263E0-D5D8-4FB2-9582-BEE10EE5676B.jpeg

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Give it a try! Here is the recipe I followed. Not traditional but simple and tasty.

Personal notes:
1. The onions cooked down for 2.5 hours. Once a lot of the liquid is gone, stir pretty frequently to keep them from burning
2. I used sweet onions. The flavor was complex but sweet. Maybe use white or yellow onions for a less sweet, more traditional flavor
3. I did not add the sherry or chives
4. Slice your baguette thick. I buttered and toasted both sides of the baguette slices for max crunch and to stand up to the soup liquid better. After toasting I rubbed a clove of raw garlic on them. There is no garlic in this recipe, so if you like garlic, this step took it over the top. The bites with the bread were incredible
5. I used beef bone broth. It was expensive but the broth choice has a huge impact on the end product. If you don’t use a homemade broth, pick a good store bought bone broth

Post up your results!

D00263E0-D5D8-4FB2-9582-BEE10EE5676B.jpeg
Thanks for that! I was gonna ask for the recipe but I didn't wanna bug ya...you came through anyway!

I would have never guessed soy sauce!

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Thanks for that! I was gonna ask for the recipe but I didn't wanna bug ya...you came through anyway!

I would have never guessed soy sauce!
Of course man. I love the home cook sub community this thread has evolved into. There are some really impressive skills and creativity on display in here.

If you have any French friends or family, don't let them see that recipe. The "purists" will light up their torches and come for you. The soy sauce just adds a salty richness, you wont taste it.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Going to do some homemade fried chicken tonight along with a New Year’s tradition in the south, which is Black Eyed Peas with country ham in the slow cooker.