Sponsored

Post pictures of your animals

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
They are a big part of the family. I look forward to walking in the door after work and getting greeted by Lola! I drop everything for her! She had a herniated disk when she was around 5. Prognosis was not good but we had to try and save her. No guarantee the surgery would work. 50/50 she would be able to walk again and it it could be months for her to recover. She made it through surgery with flying colors and was home and walking on her own within the week. She's very strong willed. She did not want to be at the vet hospital. She's terrible with any vet and doesn't like being touched by anyone other than us. If a doctor gets close to her with a stethascope...not even touching her...she cries like a baby! She was such a bitch they told us to pick her up! She's 9 now and in good health but we make sure she's not running like a pup....no guarantee the disk won't rupture again.
Mine is my world. There is no bullshit from a dog, they just love and trust you with all of their heart, no matter what. And yes, I will and have dropped everything for him. He will also meet me at the door every day after work.

Faych has had a rough journey through life, he is approaching 8 years old now. Pretty early on we noticed some odd behavior, an then one day we found out what was happening right in front of us. He was eventually diagnosed with Epilepsy, and I can tell you there is nothing more distressing watching your dog go through a seizure, and there is nothing you can do other than makes sure they don't cause themselves any further harm. I could see them coming too, he would start wandering and you could see the terror in his eyes just as the fit took off, I'm crying typing that. The early meds did nothing to stop them, they would occur every 2 to 3 weeks, and usually 2 within the space of 12 hours. Eventually the vet added another drug into the mix and he has thankfully stopped having them.

Early last year, he managed to escape the yard, an innocent mistake by another family member. I can safely say that was the worst day of my life. There was a break in routine that morning, I usually take him for a walk just before I would go to work, but I was running late that day and took off to get some groceries first. I returned home to find him gone, escaping in a split second as the family member dropped something off before taking off for the day. I still to this day believe he took off to find me and find out why we didn't go for that walk. I drove around searching for him with no luck. By the end of the day I had given up hope and broke down, head in my hands, the phone rang. A good Samaritan had posted about him on Facebook on my behalf earlier in the day, the caller was her friend who had got my number and rang to say that he was sitting at a door. She told me the address, and that address was my house! They had followed him after being hit by a car, and he made his way home when it really mattered. I was a mess, we got him to the vet, after hours so I played nurse. To this day, I beleive someone was watching over us that day, and I say that as a non-religious person. He ended up having surgery to reset his broken hind leg. He was very lucky. So was I.

Combine that with the various other ailments over the years, and I'm sure you can guess that has not been a cheap experience. I don't care one bit, he is my best friend and there is nothing that I wouldn't do for him. He has been, through it all, such a trooper. He is so trusting of everyone that he meets and is such a happy and easygoing friend.

Anyway, time for some pics.

In my arms on the first day we met -

fayc123.jpg

Sitting in a flowerpot as a puppy.

1.jpg

Just after his "adventure" -

IMG-4627.jpg

He loves coming for a ride and will occasionally come to work with me -

apr293.jpg

IMG-9310.jpg

Asleep in my lap on a cold, wet day -

jun214.jpg

Meeting me after work, he will often get a treat shortly after, he certainly knows where they are kept!

IMG-6890.jpg

IMG-6883.jpg

Enjoying a good boy bone -

may176.jpg

Sitting for the camera -

may33.jpg

aug113.jpg

A few more recent ones -

IMG-85742.jpg

IMG-9539.jpg

IMG-8723-2.jpg

And after his haircut last week -

IMG-1407.jpg

Sorry for the long winded post.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is my world. There is no bullshit from a dog, they just love and trust you with all of their heart, no matter what. And yes, I will and have dropped everything for him. He will also meet me at the door every day after work.

Faych has had a rough journey through life, he is approaching 8 years old now. Pretty early on we noticed some odd behavior, an then one day we found out what was happening right in front of us. He was eventually diagnosed with Epilepsy, and I can tell you there is nothing more distressing watching your dog go through a seizure, and there is nothing you can do other than makes sure they don't cause themselves any further harm. I could see them coming too, he would start wandering and you could see the terror in his eyes just as the fit took off, I'm crying typing that. The early meds did nothing to stop them, they would occur every 2 to 3 weeks, and usually 2 within the space of 12 hours. Eventually the vet added another drug into the mix and he has thankfully stopped having them.

Early last year, he managed to escape the yard, an innocent mistake by another family member. I can safely say that was the worst day of my life. There was a break in routine that morning, I usually take him for a walk just before I would go to work, but I was running late that day and took off to get some groceries first. I returned home to find him gone, escaping in a split second as the family member dropped something off before taking off for the day. I still to this day believe he took off to find me and find out why we didn't go for that walk. I drove around searching for him with no luck. By the end of the day I had given up hope and broke down, head in my hands, the phone rang. A good Samaritan had posted about him on Facebook on my behalf earlier in the day, the caller was her friend who had got my number and rang to say that he was sitting at a door. She told me the address, and that address was my house! They had followed him after being hit by a car, and he made his way home when it really mattered. I was a mess, we got him to the vet, after hours so I played nurse. To this day, I beleive someone was watching over us that day, and I say that as a non-religious person. He ended up having surgery to reset his broken hind leg. He was very lucky. So was I.

Combine that with the various other ailments over the years, and I'm sure you can guess that has not been a cheap experience. I don't care one bit, he is my best friend and there is nothing that I wouldn't do for him. He has been, through it all, such a trooper. He is so trusting of everyone that he meets and is such a happy and easygoing friend.

Anyway, time for some pics.

In my arms on the first day we met -

fayc123.jpg

Sitting in a flowerpot as a puppy.

1.jpg

Just after his "adventure" -

IMG-4627.jpg

He loves coming for a ride and will occasionally come to work with me -

apr293.jpg

IMG-9310.jpg

Asleep in my lap on a cold, wet day -

jun214.jpg

Meeting me after work, he will often get a treat shortly after, he certainly knows where they are kept!

IMG-6890.jpg

IMG-6883.jpg

Enjoying a good boy bone -

may176.jpg

Sitting for the camera -

may33.jpg

aug113.jpg

A few more recent ones -

IMG-85742.jpg

IMG-9539.jpg

IMG-8723-2.jpg

And after his haircut last week -

IMG-1407.jpg

Sorry for the long winded post.
Glad you got him back and he's healing. We lost our Bischon Spike in 2014 when he was 16 1/2. He was suffering with doggy dementia and other issues of getting old. His last night home was the toughest. Lola was around 2 at the time and outweighed Spike by 40lbs but Spike was the boss and Lola was the little annoying sis. Lola got us through Spike's passing and she looked for him for weeks afterwards. They just have a higher sense of the world. Now Lola is queen of the house. Hoping she stays healthy as the back surgery was an awful time. She was in so much pain before....but thank God she's doing well.

Spike & Lola.JPG

Spike & Lola 2.jpg

Lola 2.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If pictures speak a thousand words, videos must speak more … ?

I’m sure our cats are lesbian - their typical bedtime routine normally involves a generous amount of …. erm …. pussy licking … :cwl:

WD :like:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a new addition……the day after hurricane Ida went through NJ my son heard noises near his dump truck. Thought it may have been a cat. There are strays in the yard so he didn’t think much about it until he got in the cab, then it seemed closer. He raised the dump and found a kitten stuck between the fuel tank and frame. It took him and fiancé three hours to get it out. They tried to reunite it with its mom but that didn’t work so they brought it to the vets. Kitten was 3 weeks old and had pneumonia. No telling how long it was stuck but probably fell in the night of storm. She’s doing much better now and they are fostering it. I don’t think they will be able to give it up. They all have bonded. Her name is Stormy 😁
Lola likes her (tolerates her 😁) so that’s a good thing

F139AE7A-7DAF-4126-8458-4333E10C63E1.jpeg

3ED325B2-B313-4F2D-A07F-7786FEFBAD23.jpeg

40595D67-71C5-4803-AAEF-A6FFB7707BCC.jpeg

BC52B220-C3D3-446B-AAAC-831EA0AAC9B5.jpeg

7C9460A3-920A-402F-BBB5-C51EF5BC36E1.jpeg

417F508F-194A-46F6-B893-CB3407064E25.jpeg

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a new addition……the day after hurricane Ida went through NJ my son heard noises near his dump truck. Thought it may have been a cat. There are strays in the yard so he didn’t think much about it until he got in the cab, then it seemed closer. He raised the dump and found a kitten stuck between the fuel tank and frame. It took him and fiancé three hours to get it out. They tried to reunite it with its mom but that didn’t work so they brought it to the vets. Kitten was 3 weeks old and had pneumonia. No telling how long it was stuck but probably fell in the night of storm. She’s doing much better now and they are fostering it. I don’t think they will be able to give it up. They all have bonded. Her name is Stormy 😁

She’s doing much better now

7A120A99-2435-4556-98E4-BA10C40BED2B.jpeg

971C049D-29E8-4793-B577-110ABCD62A2A.jpeg

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Great job! It's destiny now.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My little Steelers fan.

Steelers.jpg

Haloween time!

Haloween2.jpg

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Screenshot_20210926-161719.png

IMG_20210607_103922_611.jpg

He turned 1 a couple of weeks ago
Congratulations great looking pooch I love gsd's mine just turned 7 months last week. You are going to feel a lot better after losing 60 pounds plus your car will be faster. I lost 60 pounds over the last year. Took a ride on my motorcycle so it was a before and after ride I would have had to do cams and a tune to get that much faster although with the car it won't be such a radical change

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
She’s doing much better now

7A120A99-2435-4556-98E4-BA10C40BED2B.jpeg

971C049D-29E8-4793-B577-110ABCD62A2A.jpeg
here's an update....Stormy is a BITCH :)
She's not playing nice for a kitten. seems like her natural instincts of survival are kicking in. Hissing and nasty at me and my wife and Lola at our house. Just two weeks ago she was ok with us.
She's fine at my son's house in her new element. Trying to socialize her with Lola and other people but seems very protective of her parents and new home :)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
here's an update....Stormy is a BITCH :)
She's not playing nice for a kitten. seems like her natural instincts of survival are kicking in. Hissing and nasty at me and my wife and Lola at our house. Just two weeks ago she was ok with us.
She's fine at my son's house in her new element. Trying to socialize her with Lola and other people but seems very protective of her parents and new home :)
At least she's fine with the people who saved her life. It's interesting how pet dynamics work. The elder states kitty in my house was sure to let the puppy and other cat know the day they arrived where they stood. I wasn't home for the cat but I guess he was really nice and loving to the new kitten for just a minute before delivering the "paw of authority" a few times. When the puppy arrived it was mostly the same. Even now, we buy the dog a bone or something and the freaking cat makes him drop it so he can approve or deny if the dog gets to eat it. Sad that the cat's time is coming, back legs aren't working very well and he poops and pukes regularly all over the house. Kidneys failing but special diet keeps him okay for now. Gonna be a sad sad day when it happens, I'm going to be talking the wife off the roof for sure. Just a reminder to enjoy what you have while you have it. The other cat plays with the dog a little bit but the dog being huge in comparison makes playing very short lived for the skittish cat. The younger cat doesn't like being held so of course the wife has to hold him. Sets him down eventually and the cat charges at the dog with a flurry of flying paws every time. Dog thinks it's play time every time till he gets bopped lol.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Marley (the basset) and Zooey (the corgi).

20210328_124103.jpg

20210426_193029.jpg
Sponsored