Sponsored

POST PICS OF YOUR CUSTOM PLASTI DIPPING!!!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Have any of you removed this product? I see the promotion videos where it seems like this stuff comes off in sheets, but what about real life? Am I suck for hours pealing little flakes of Dip off? Does it leave a residue or hurt the paint finish and Im stuck repairing the paint?
Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Have any of you removed this product? I see the promotion videos where it seems like this stuff comes off in sheets, but what about real life? Am I suck for hours pealing little flakes of Dip off? Does it leave a residue or hurt the paint finish and Im stuck repairing the paint?
It's perfectly safe and will not damage the paint/finish at all, protects it actually.

And the more coats you do, the easier it is to peel off. I've used them on heat extractors, lower valance and removed with no problem at all.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Learning a lot from this thread, going to be doing my rear Tri-bar in Graphite Metallic at some point this week or next. Hope it comes out looking good like what I've seen here so far!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious and don't know if it's been asked...

How durable is the PlastiDip when it comes to being on rims? For instance, how does it hold up to repeated washes?

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Holds up very well. Did mine back at the beginning of May and they are still the same as when I first did them with repeated washes every week. I did the lugs as well but didn't concentrate on them as I was going to peel the dip off so the coats are thinner. Took the car for a car wash and went with the manual steam cleaning and now a little bit of the dip came off the lugs. Wheels however were unaffected.

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT

CANTA1M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3T-T-Turbo Stormtrooper
I'll get a better pic soon once I can get a better view. I still have to get the car tinted before I really start to play with PD.
Heart3.jpg

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
For those that have done there rims I'm assuming you have just removed from the car to avoid getting it all over the brakes and calipers right? Wish I could find a gloss black to see how my stock 18's would look .

Sponsored

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
For those that have done there rims I'm assuming you have just removed from the car to avoid getting it all over the brakes and calipers right? Wish I could find a gloss black to see how my stock 18's would look .

Has anyone tried painting over the plastidip? I wonder if it would still come off easily with the paint on top..

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Terrible iphone photos but did my rims in 3 coats of black and then 4 coats of copper metallizer on top.

IMG_5956_zpsur5ekomx.jpg

How did you not get it all over the brakes since you did it with the rims on the car?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you make something that would be a glossy black? Aren't most of the colors just a Matt finish? Would love to do my stock 18's in a gloss black, incase I don't like it I can just peel off. Plus it's cheaper then having them painted

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
How did you not get it all over the brakes since you did it with the rims on the car?
Just used big black trash bags to cover everything inside the barrel behind the spokes. Just make sure they're not touching any edges that you'll be painting.

Do you make something that would be a glossy black? Aren't most of the colors just a Matt finish? Would love to do my stock 18's in a gloss black, incase I don't like it I can just peel off. Plus it's cheaper then having them painted
Plastidip do a Glossifier. You would paint whatever in several coats of the flat black then a number of coats of Glossifier depending on how shiny/glossy you want the final version.

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11212-Enhancer-Glossifier-Aerosol/dp/B0076M8TVM

A must have for plastidipping anything is a spray handle IMO. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-7091-...eywords=Krylon+7091+Snap+and+Spray+Can+Handle

Surprisingly makes a world of difference for almost no money. The even pressure applied to the spray nozzle makes the spray come out smooth every coat, every time.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That glossifier stuff work good have you used it? I'd like them pretty shiny like the stock black rims on the pp cars. I saw they had a metallic style too to make it shiny not sure how it would work with the black. You mentioned not doing the release spray on the tire so you just did a big coat around so it would peel off? I'd like to also do the emblems black also might just leave the pony chrome
Sponsored