Sponsored

POST PICS OF YOUR CUSTOM PLASTI DIPPING!!!

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
dipped my emblems and used some left over lime green vinyl for the "point"

[ame]
Sponsored

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Great job, looks awesome!

Did you use a base coat or is it really not needed with the new PDS? Did you top off the white with any pearl or top coat?
The "base coat" was just a thin dusting of white PDS per Fonzi's instructions.

I didn't do any top coats this time. Straight PDS since it was my first time doing a whole car and I didn't want to spend the big bucks doing something fancy and fuck it up. Which was a good idea because up close the car is less than perfect(some tearing along the window trim, couple of textured spots(moving the gun to fast)). The tearing occurred because I sprayed the car when it was about 105 outside so it dried to fast for me to take off the tape while the last coat was still wet. Might be best to have someone help and go right behind you on your last coat to take of "peel when wet" tape.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do a whole car dip. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. Would love to see more people on here with dipped s550's.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Looks great 5oh. :thumbsup:

Mind breaking down what you needed for the job? The tools moreso than the dip. I've been thinking about trying my hand at something like this. It's my daily and I have all kind of tiny rock chips from the highway. Would love the protection and the option to change up colors easily when I get bored.

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Looks great 5oh. :thumbsup:

Mind breaking down what you needed for the job? The tools moreso than the dip. I've been thinking about trying my hand at something like this. It's my daily and I have all kind of tiny rock chips from the highway. Would love the protection and the option to change up colors easily when I get bored.
Dip Your Car sells a pro car kit with just about everything you need. I also recommend the application and aftercare bundles, with the pro car kit and those two bundles you would have everything you need. They also sell canvas wheel bags to mask your wheels. But what I did was used tape and drape around the wheel well and pulled the plastic over the wheels. I actually used tape and drape around the perimeter of the car because I'm anal about overspray even tho it rubs off. I paid 430 dollars for everything to do the job including shipping and 3 gallons of white PDS(plasti dip spray). If your also painting your roof it might be a good idea to get an extra gallon or at least a quart. Here is a link to everything that comes in the pro car kit.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages/dyc-pro-car-kit-builder

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. . Does the sprayer need to be plugged in, run of a compressor etc...?

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Thanks man. . Does the sprayer need to be plugged in, run of a compressor etc...?
The pro car kit comes with an HVLP spray system. Just plugs into the wall and your ready to go. No need for a compressor. This video, though long, would be a good watch. I watched it a couple of times before doing my car.

[ame]

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Playing around with plasti-dip . . . dipped the lower valance "wings" and the mirrors. Need to work on my process a little but not bad for a first time. What I love is that it will peel right off so if I don't like it . . . I just remove it.
edit_IMG_2504.jpg

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Playing around with plasti-dip . . . dipped the lower valance "wings" and the mirrors. Need to work on my process a little but not bad for a first time. What I love is that it will peel right off so if I don't like it . . . I just remove it.
That looks pretty good. How tough was it to dip the mirrors? Thinking about doing mine...

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Terrible iphone photos but did my rims in 3 coats of black and then 4 coats of copper metallizer on top.

Also did the chrome trim round the tail lights in black with glossifier. Don;t have any photos though.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Terrible iphone photos but did my rims in 3 coats of black and then 4 coats of copper metallizer on top.

Also did the chrome trim round the tail lights in black with glossifier. Don;t have any photos though.
Wow, that turned out really nice! Makes me think about looking for a bronze metalizer to go on the PP wheels.

And props for doing it in a parking garage. Did anyone look at you like you were :crazy: ??

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Wow, that turned out really nice! Makes me think about looking for a bronze metalizer to go on the PP wheels.

And props for doing it in a parking garage. Did anyone look at you like you were :crazy: ??
Thanks. It's holding up really well too. Does get a bit dirty from brake dust but i actually quite like it very slightly darker.

Quite a few folk thought I was crazy. Lol. Had to chase off one guy as he came over and was walking around looking while I was trying to spray. I was more concerned about the air moving around him interrupting a smooth spray pattern.