Sponsored

Possibly buying a 2019 GT Premium PP1 from a dealership. What to look for?

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
I'll preface this by saying is my first post and that I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of months reading whatever I can about these cars. I haven't had a Mustang or performance car for that matter since my 2004 Cobra that was totaled in 2009/2010, so I've been reading/watching videos about everything I can on the S550.

At the end January, I'm planning on flying out to Indiana to look at a car and potentially buy it and drive back home to Arizona. The car is a 2019 GT Premium PP1 with 401A in Need For Green with 24,000 miles. The miles are a little above what I was looking for, but other than not having Magneride(which is probably rare on a non PP2) and the slightly higher mileage, it has everything I want with the benefit on having a Corsa exhaust installed already. It still has 1 year of the powertrain warranty left also.

The only thing that I noticed looking at the pictures was the car is missing the hood blanket. Other than that, that's my only real issue. That, and the salesman won't come down on the price at all. I've typed up a small list of questions that hopefully the salesman can answer Monday when I send him my decision and start looking at travel. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Why did the previous owner trade in the car?
Do you have a Carfax for the car, or can you get me a copy?
Do you have the Window Sticker, or can you get me a copy?
Do you have any service records?
Do you have any pictures of underneath the car so I can see if there's any rust from salt?
Any noticeable paint chips/scratches?
Any curb rash on the rims?
Any interior damage?
Any kind of PPF applied from the previous owner?
Has the car been inspected by a mechanic, or is there a mechanic nearby I could take the car to and have a PPI done prior to purchase?

Overall, it's a pretty short list. Any other advise you guys could provide would be appreciated.
Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Are you looking for an automatic or a manual?

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Manual. I forgot to mention that.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Too bad, I have an automatic that I might have been talked into selling. LOL
Seriously, check the under belly pan for damage and scrapes. These cars are quite low.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Too bad, I have an automatic that I might have been talked into selling. LOL
Seriously, check the under belly pan for damage and scrapes. These cars are quite low.
Unfortunately, if it's not Need For Green, I wouldn't be interested. I've been set on the color ever since I saw it.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'll preface this by saying is my first post and that I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of months reading whatever I can about these cars. I haven't had a Mustang or performance car for that matter since my 2004 Cobra that was totaled in 2009/2010, so I've been reading/watching videos about everything I can on the S550.

At the end January, I'm planning on flying out to Indiana to look at a car and potentially buy it and drive back home to Arizona. The car is a 2019 GT Premium PP1 with 401A in Need For Green with 24,000 miles. The miles are a little above what I was looking for, but other than not having Magneride(which is probably rare on a non PP2) and the slightly higher mileage, it has everything I want with the benefit on having a Corsa exhaust installed already. It still has 1 year of the powertrain warranty left also.

The only thing that I noticed looking at the pictures was the car is missing the hood blanket. Other than that, that's my only real issue. That, and the salesman won't come down on the price at all. I've typed up a small list of questions that hopefully the salesman can answer Monday when I send him my decision and start looking at travel. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Why did the previous owner trade in the car?
Do you have a Carfax for the car, or can you get me a copy?
Do you have the Window Sticker, or can you get me a copy?
Do you have any service records?
Do you have any pictures of underneath the car so I can see if there's any rust from salt?
Any noticeable paint chips/scratches?
Any curb rash on the rims?
Any interior damage?
Any kind of PPF applied from the previous owner?
Has the car been inspected by a mechanic, or is there a mechanic nearby I could take the car to and have a PPI done prior to purchase?

Overall, it's a pretty short list. Any other advise you guys could provide would be appreciated.

I doubt you will get many of those HONESTLY answered. You would need to do your own homework & which is the downside of buying a car online.

There is an easy answer to that list .......................................sold as is. :champagne:

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
You can get a Monroney label (window sticker) free by searching these forums for that phrase. Dealer should provide Carfax; alternatively you can purchase one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
You can get a Monroney label (window sticker) freef by searching these forums for that phrase. Dealer should provide Carfax; alternatively you can purchase one.
I just did that actually.

window_sticker.jpg

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Other than color and the vinyl stripes this is the exact same car I have.
The only thing I’d make sure you consider is if you want the digital dash and the FordPass connect.

I didn’t care for it when I was looking but now I wish I had it, the dash can be upgraded but FordPass connect can’t.
I got mine with 2500 miles, and I’m now just over 10k, I’ve had no issues. If the car has been properly cared for I’d expect you to have the same.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Other than color and the vinyl stripes this is the exact same car I have.
The only thing I’d make sure you consider is if you want the digital dash and the FordPass connect.

I didn’t care for it when I was looking but now I wish I had it, the dash can be upgraded but FordPass connect can’t.
I got mine with 2500 miles, and I’m now just over 10k, I’ve had no issues. If the car has been properly cared for I’d expect you to have the same.
I'm going to go to a local dealership today before I go to work and sit in some cars. Hopefully they'll have a S550 with the digital and analog dash I can look at, but I'm 99% sure I want the digital dash. That was one of the three features I wanted besides Active Exhaust and Magneride.

Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
If the car is in really good shape, there's a good chance it will be sold by the end of January.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
In many states, the dealer is required by law to provide contact information for the previous owner. Not sure about Indiana but ask the salesperson for the information and see what happens.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
If the car is in really good shape, there's a good chance it will be sold by the end of January.
Salesman said he's had it for 2 months. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow morning and put a deposit down on it and book a flight afterwards.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Big one: figure out if car has STOCK factory installed computer tune. An aftermarket tune will fail smog in many states. Many owners will simply sell/trade a tuned car as is without reverting back. If dealer sells as is and no smog needed then you are stuck when future smog needed. Depending on your budget, get a new stang exactly as you like it. Most used stangs have been modified.
Sponsored