Possible FlexFuel Tune

Twininator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Hey guys! I joined recently specifically to ask about this. So as you folks know a couple of days ago CA began enforcing their ban on ECU tunes. I have read however that you can still use CARB certified tunes. Does anyone know of any that are FlexFuel?? I do hope to pair it with the Roush CAI not sure if that makes a difference. This is for a 19’ Mustang GT. I’ve been looking at Lund as I know a lot of people go with them however not sure if that would pass the emissions test. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
In my opinion if all you are going to do is a roush cold air and jump through hoops to get a carb legal tune you might as well just keep it stock. Not worth the headache for 20-30hp gain max. That being said you have to draw a line in the sand sometime. Catless, tuned, e85 and I drive my car in LA at least 3-4 times a week. Smog has always been a problem for us car guys and there has always been a way. Don't let a bunch of suits and ties ruin your fun.

OP
OP

Twininator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
In my opinion if all you are going to do is a roush cold air and jump through hoops to get a carb legal tune you might as well just keep it stock. Not worth the headache for 20-30hp gain max. That being said you have to draw a line in the sand sometime. Catless, tuned, e85 and I drive my car in LA at least 3-4 times a week. Smog has always been a problem for us car guys and there has always been a way. Don't let a bunch of suits and ties ruin your fun.
You have a very good point, go big or go home. Thanks!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it 7 years before you have to smog? If not, couldn't you toss on the flex, burn off most/all of the e85 in the tank, go back to stock/91 and then go smog? You're not going to blow your motor with an untuned CAI driving to/from the smog shop.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Hey guys! I joined recently specifically to ask about this. So as you folks know a couple of days ago CA began enforcing their ban on ECU tunes. I have read however that you can still use CARB certified tunes. Does anyone know of any that are FlexFuel?? I do hope to pair it with the Roush CAI not sure if that makes a difference. This is for a 19’ Mustang GT. I’ve been looking at Lund as I know a lot of people go with them however not sure if that would pass the emissions test. Thank you in advance!
Forget the CAI - go with a dedicated E85 tune - flash back to stock as needed. This will put your motor over 500HP. CA has great E85. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Sponsored