Sponsored

Possible concept or production s550 Mustang at NY show?

OP
OP

Ted

The article said they are kicking off a year long celebration. Maybe unveil is next year in NY.:cheers:
So what is this year long celebration thing? Anything at NY show? Thinking about coming down still if theres anything cool to see for the 50th anniv celebration.
2015-mustang-cobra-r.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ted

Didnt see anything posted here so so no reveal or hint or anything about 2015 at NY? :frusty::mad:

OP
OP

Krishna

So what is this year long celebration thing? Anything at NY show? Thinking about coming down still if theres anything cool to see for the 50th anniv celebration.
Its a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma bro... just a year long celebration with events etc. They want to build up hype.

Nothing revealed at NYIAS, which should surprise no one.

OP
OP

MustangMarine

So nothing at all from NY show eh?

If the debut is next winter or Spring 2014 then I'm expecting a concept version this Summer-Fall just like how Ford revealed a GT concept before the s197 came out. The Camaro is getting huge buzz recently with the Z/28 and 2014 model while Mustang sales keep dropping ahead of the s197 ending production so releasing a concept this Summer when the 2014 Camaro model hits the market would be great to steal some sales or at least make people wait to see the Mustang.

OP
OP

JackHoya

NADA in NY. Total bunk event.. surprisingly quiet. They didnt even have a press conf.

Yea totally agree. I will bet that theres no friggin way we get a hole entire yr w/o any leaks/reveals/teasers from ford. so i think we see a concept in detroit to wet ppls lips and see real deal on april 17th next yr.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GTsquid

NADA in NY. Total bunk event.. surprisingly quiet. They didnt even have a press conf.

Yea totally agree. I will bet that theres no friggin way we get a hole entire yr w/o any leaks/reveals/teasers from ford. so i think we see a concept in detroit to wet ppls lips and see real deal on april 17th next yr.
Yes. Very quiet NYAS for Ford. Friends told me there was a very small display and the entire floor was seemingly abandoned, with only a few low-level Ford reps standing around. Saving it all for next year.

Agree - I would not be surprised to see the blue oval drop a little tease on that date.

OP
OP

Ted

I managed to make the 4 hr drive down to the show earlier this week even though I saw yo guys say there was nothing but current cars there. Still fun tho bc Ford had that huge Mustang display for the 50th anniversary and I got to see the memoribalia products in person.

OP
OP

Mriley

The article said they are kicking off a year long celebration. Maybe unveil is next year in NY.:cheers:
Damn we're less than a year away and we dont even have final confirmation of the design yet. We're so mcuh later in the game compared to 1994 or 2005 to not even know the final design. What are they doing?? :frusty:

OP
OP

Krishna

APril 17th? Man I would really hope so....2014 NYIAS would be a really late reveal of a new model, we're talking like half yr here. I think ford has usually had it shown a full year before release, but can't remember if this was the case for major platform changes/redesign. What happened with 5th gen anyone know? April 2014 release would mean summer production? I guess they could always change up the schedule for this anniv model but I'm thinking more possibly Detroit...

OP
OP

Icy

APril 17th? Man I would really hope so....2014 NYIAS would be a really late reveal of a new model, we're talking like half yr here. I think ford has usually had it shown a full year before release, but can't remember if this was the case for major platform changes/redesign. What happened with 5th gen anyone know? April 2014 release would mean summer production? I guess they could always change up the schedule for this anniv model but I'm thinking more possibly Detroit...
All bets are off for 2015 man. Normal rules are not going to apply... you know Ford is breaking the bank and popping bottles for this one and if introducing it to great fanfare on the exact 50th year date means a slightly later production, that def wont stop them. As the "1964.5" model goes, it may even make some sense to them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GTsquid

Yea it was a non-event, although it's interesting to note that Ford invited a select group of European Mustang club reps to their launch party in NY. Parnelli Jones was supposed to be there too but didn't show. As part of the "Go Further" marketing plan Ford is going to get more and more Mustang clubs in Europe involved with the 2015 launch and celebrations.

2015-Mustang-spy-shots-disguised-as-2013-GT-filled-in-roof-panel-gap-1-1024x640.jpg

Mustang Club of America's Steven McCarley and Ford VP Jim Farley with Carl Attali (MCdF), Ralf Wurm (FMCoG), Salvatore Mirabella (MCoI), Mark Hayden (MCoGB) to discuss European events for the 50th Anniv.
Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 1.00.09 PM.png

OP
OP

NRMStand

Agree - I would not be surprised to see the blue oval drop a little tease on that date.
little known fact... actualy debuted 4/12/64 in europe, and 4/17 in NY. just saying if your into looking at dates

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So nothing at all from NY show eh?

If the debut is next winter or Spring 2014 then I'm expecting a concept version this Summer-Fall just like how Ford revealed a GT concept before the s197 came out. The Camaro is getting huge buzz recently with the Z/28 and 2014 model while Mustang sales keep dropping ahead of the s197 ending production so releasing a concept this Summer when the 2014 Camaro model hits the market would be great to steal some sales or at least make people wait to see the Mustang.

Fully camo near production ready 2005 Mustangs started showing up late summer into fall of 2003, so if history repeats itself those spy photographers will be snapping some interesting pictures in the next 6 months.

As far as concepts vehicles for the public to see, I don't see that happening this year.

OP
OP

KZStang

Fully camo near production ready 2005 Mustangs started showing up late summer into fall of 2003, so if history repeats itself those spy photographers will be snapping some interesting pictures in the next 6 months.

As far as concepts vehicles for the public to see, I don't see that happening this year.
Yea that timing sounds about right. That pic is of the '05 convertible I think. Did these get leaked first? A bit strange if so.

Late summer is a looong time to go. Let's hope for at least some more mule shots.

OP
OP

Melino

No way the convertible was being tested first... Musta been something out before this I would think.
Sponsored