Sponsored

Possible causes for stock '19 5.0 GT rough idle?

sharvinnp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sharvin
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
Hi all, I have a '19 5.0 GT with about 75K miles that is idling rough. I was able to catch it on video as it happened and uploaded it to this YouTube video here. The car shakes when it drops below 500 rpm but still no CEL. Anyone have any experience on this or ideas what could be causing this and would this be an expensive fix at the dealer? Thanks!
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
First thing I would check are the spark plugs. Most likely a misfire on one of them. I had a bad plug on cyld 3 that was very similar and had no codes.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Phasers or solenoids.

Sponsored

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT, 09 Challenger Srt8
I bought my 18 GT from California and had it shipped to me. After it was unloaded off the truck, i noticed the idle wasnt very smooth, would almost stall. I found whoever did the inspection on it, didnt properly secure the airbox lid, once i put the lid on properly, idle was perfect.

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
Hi all, I have a '19 5.0 GT with about 75K miles that is idling rough. I was able to catch it on video as it happened and uploaded it to this YouTube video here. The car shakes when it drops below 500 rpm but still no CEL. Anyone have any experience on this or ideas what could be causing this and would this be an expensive fix at the dealer? Thanks!
I have a 2020 Gt with 38K miles and I’m having the same problem, I’ve noticed that it only happens when I put it into sports plus and take it on the highway. I don’t know how to fix it :(. I literally just made a post myself about this same topic a few mins ago to maybe try to find some help.

Brochacho620

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeid
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the exact same issue. (2018 GT 10Speed, LTH & catless mids, P51 Intake and tuned on E85) 65k miles
After constants logs with Lund they narrowed it down to VCT Solenoids and or Cam Phasers.
Apparently it’s not rare on our cars..

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have the exact same issue. (2018 GT 10Speed, LTH & catless mids, P51 Intake and tuned on E85) 65k miles
After constants logs with Lund they narrowed it down to VCT Solenoids and or Cam Phasers.
What’s the difference between VCT solenoids and the Cam Phasers?

Brochacho620

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeid
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What’s the difference between VCT solenoids and the Cam Phasers?
A cam phaser is just a sprocket that adjusts the position of an engine's camshaft in relation to its crankshaft.
So it’s main job is adjusting the position or the “phase” of the camshaft in relation to the crankshaft, thereby altering valve timing.
A VCT solenoid, AKA the variable valve timing solenoid is a component of the variable valve timing system that manages the oil flow depending on the engine speed and load.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sharvinnp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sharvin
Vehicle(s)
What we really need to know... is which one is more expensive to replace? :crackup:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Clean throttle body, Spray intake and combustion cleaner down air intake near TB, replace spark plugs with OEM And gap IAW specs, put a can of sea foam in gas take and drive.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you have to go that deep to correct the problem, you might want to consider adding cams.

OP
OP

sharvinnp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sharvin
Vehicle(s)
Also, I brought the vehicle in to Ford for diagnosis and repair. Will keep you all updated once I hear back from them. It's been sitting on their lot for the past two weeks and they still haven't gotten to it yet...

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Clean throttle body, Spray intake and combustion cleaner down air intake near TB, replace spark plugs with OEM And gap IAW specs, put a can of sea foam in gas take and drive.
Man, I wish it was that easy for my issues. Done all that and more but still no dice.

It’s nice Lund has given some direction as to the cause.
Sponsored