Sponsored

Porting Whipple to 150/ Building Motor

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
As an update to the FI forum I thought I would let you know what the plans are.

I sent my blower back to Whipple. They are porting the blower and machining it to 150mm and I purchased the 150mm Elliptical TB. I hope to see a few hp gains over the 132mm. Looks like PBD sells a 6" CAI that will make this work. I'm also having the lower to the Whipple matched to the heads, which brings us to the motor.

BES Racing engines will be handling the build. I'm having the heads CNC'd, 3 angle race valve job, PAC valve springs and installing Manley Valves. For the short block I decided to go with Molnar rods (boost specific), Ross Pistons w HD Pins, Clevite Bearings, all ARP fasteners, sleeving the block and double key-waying the balancer.

I will post some pics up as soon as they start coming in.
I welcome thoughts on HP that it will put down with the current build.
I also welcome any suggestions or info on anything I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Cool..Stock motor still alive at 930whp @ 17psi?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Turbo 400? I am a manual guy to the core, but if my plans included an engine build like that, it would a disservice to put a manual behind it.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool..Stock motor still alive at 930whp @ 17psi?
I'm using the stock block. I took it apart and the rings and sleeves were still in mint condition! I will be using my comp stage 3 cams.

For this power level, BES recommended a 1/2 fill. They said they have had no issues with doing this and it will be fine for the street.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 400? I am a manual guy to the core, but if my plans included an engine build like that, it would a disservice to put a manual behind it.

That may be in the works for next year (or built 6R80). This has tapped out the budget. It may not be the fastest at the track, but should be heck of roll race car and dyno queen! :headbang:

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
We are going to have u in an auto soon.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I'm using the stock block. I took it apart and the rings and sleeves were still in mint condition! I will be using my comp stage 3 cams.

For this power level, BES recommended a 1/2 fill. They said they have had no issues with doing this and it will be fine for the street.
I initially was going this route, the more people I talked to the more I was told fill or don't fill. Nothing in between. So I we didn't.

Looking forward to a maxed out Whipple build!!!!:cheers:

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I initially was going this route, the more people I talked to the more I was told fill or don't fill. Nothing in between. So I we didn't.

Looking forward to a maxed out Whipple build!!!!:cheers:

Could you please explain a little more as to why? I can still change this. They recommended as they say they can split.

I'm also looking forward. Should be between 1,100-1200rwhp. Whipple may be able to chime in and give more info on hp.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Could you please explain a little more as to why? I can still change this. They recommended as they say they can split.

I'm also looking forward. Should be between 1,100-1200rwhp. Whipple may be able to chime in and give more info on hp.
This was last year so i'm paraphrasing lol, at the time there wasn't enough info to prove a 1/2 filled block wouldn't still crack or deform the sleeves/walls. And still concerns with cooling a street car. Someone (cant remember if it was a shop or a member) told me they saw a 1/2 block fail and builder blamed the 1/2 fill.

Ultimately I trusted my builder and by no means take what I'm saying a gospel. Like you I had to pay someone else for their knowledge. I went no fill but did do water jacket supports. Goal is 30+ LBS of boost. So we will see. Supposed to start tuning early next week.

I think a maxed out Whipple with supporting mods should be in the 1300 range.

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Gonna be an animal! We kinda had twins but I can’t keep up lol

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

I sent my blower back to Whipple. They are porting the blower and machining it to 150mm and I purchased the 150mm Elliptical TB. I hope to see a few hp gains over the 132mm. Looks like PBD sells a 6" CAI that will make this work. I'm also having the lower to the Whipple matched to the heads, which brings us to the motor.

BES Racing engines will be handling the build. I'm having the heads CNC'd, 3 angle race valve job, PAC valve springs and installing Manley Valves. For the short block I decided to go with Molnar rods (boost specific), Ross Pistons w HD Pins, Clevite Bearings, all ARP fasteners, sleeving the block and double key-waying the balancer.

Thanks in advance.
She's gonna rip!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
:frusty: Sad part is I probably wont fight it.. I really want that 9 first though..
After what i saw last year,u should be real close this year with some good weather!!

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
What's the engine build run ya?

Thanks in advance.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Damn man you got some cool stuff going on , can't wait to see how it ends up
Sponsored