Sponsored

Popping sound when turning steering wheel to the right only

hout97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue Metallic
When i remove my foot off the brakes and turn the steering wheel to the right while moving very slow it does like a small popping sound. It usually happens after i drive the car a bit. Also, when im driving over slightly bumpy roads i can feel like there is a tiny gap in the steering. Also, the poppoing sound i hear feels like its coming from the left side. I took the car 2 times to the dealership and they couldnt find anything. If anyone knows what this is plz help because its really getting on my nerves. Thnx guys
Sponsored

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Did you lower your car? Is the popping sound, sound sound like a knock? a ping? A metallic sound?

Some obvious culprits to check: wheel torque, front strut bolts, and brake shields. Also, check your exhaust to see if it is touching anything (a mirror and flashlight may help).

I had a clank from an exhaust hitting another component, but only over bumps.

OP
OP

hout97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue Metallic
Its like a metallic sound. I guess temperature is a factor. One of my friends said there is a gap in the steering axle

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Did you lower your car? Is the popping sound, sound sound like a knock? a ping? A metallic sound?

Some obvious culprits to check: wheel torque, front strut bolts, and brake shields. Also, check your exhaust to see if it is touching anything (a mirror and flashlight may help).

I had a clank from an exhaust hitting another component, but only over bumps.

whats the wheel torque supposed to be?

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV