• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Poll- Do you like the new interior?

Do you like the new interior?

• Total voters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
except the Koreans will deliver an honest 50k interiror for 30k...
The interior in my $30K Toybaru is pretty decent as well. But it doesn't come with a 5 liter V8.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The touch screen dash on the 2024 Mustang is not something I would ask for , but I prefer the dash in the 2024 Mustang over the large vertical screens in the middle of the dash on other cars and trucks. I think the touch screens on the new Mustang are better integrated. I bet when one sees the 2024 Mustang dash in person it will look much better than in pictures.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
The touch screen dash on the 2024 Mustang is not something I would ask for , but I prefer the dash in the 2024 Mustang over the large vertical screens in the middle of the dash on other cars and trucks. I think the touch screens on the new Mustang are better integrated. I bet when one sees the 2024 Mustang dash in person it will look much better than in pictures.
I agree it should look better in person to those that do not like it now; it can't look worse than it does in pics. That being said, for me, I just flat out 'do not want' a full instrument touch screen, whether it looks good or not. I still wish Ford gave us a choice of two options, but it probably would be cost prohibitive to do so.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I don't mind digital displays, but I hate that they are just slapped on the dash instead of integrated.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I don’t have a problem with the screens, just the way they were executed. They look like someone just slapped a cheap tablet on there… twice. The software and features look good though.

Replicating the Fox interior is a *huge* miss for this new Gen. Huge miss. Maybe they wanted the shelf interior to slap those screens on? /s

The current interior has always been “fine” to me, but the new one is pretty awful. It’s a shame, I was hoping for evolution, not a clunky step backward. I can get past some of my hangups on the exterior, but the interior is so awful, it will likely keep me out of a 7G. I’ll either add another 6G to the mix or just wait and see what the 8G looks like. Maybe Ford will bring back the Thunderbird and solve all of my problems after whatever it is Chevy did to the Corvette lmao

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
That's my biggest complaint. It looks like it was slapped on as an afterthought.

I really like the exterior, but I really don't like the interior screens, looks like they are placed on a shelf, be more acceptable to me if they were integrated into the dash.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, Velocity Blue,94 Mustang GT
The GT interior has more reliance on screens than I like and doesn't provide any analog backup controls like the S550 does. That's a step back.

The base interior, with its two iPads, is awful. Just ridiculously bad. I can't express how much I hate it.

Sean_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I wish they would have blended the screen edges more into the dash, namely the infotainment screen. I don't like how the edge of the screen just drops off. Looks like it was just slapped into place.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The Mustang should not be a video game on wheels, which is what the digital dashboard/gauges makes it appear to be. To my mind, analog gauges are related components to a vehicle with a V8 engine, manual stick shift transmission, and rear wheel drive. Th least Ford could have done would have been to offer an analog dashboard/gauges as an option.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I realize the "I Pad" Instrument/infotainment design came from Tesla, and they probably wanted something big for those who have eye problems, but here is my complaint. It seriously looks like the Engineer/Designer was almost finished designing the dash, and realized that they forgot to add the instruments and the infotainment system, then 90% through the design phase an executive came and said, "We want these big screens, they are all the rave." So the designer got some modeling clay, and jammed it in the top. It appears to be the designer was striaght out of middle school, like someone just pooped two screens and mashed them in the dash, without any regard to form.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I love the new interior. Glad they're moving to something more modern. Just need to sit in one to gauge how it really feels.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
as i have said in other threads....the whole dash looks like an "add-on" to the rest of the interior...
no integration. just put some ipads on a shelf and call it a day. i feel digital is here to stay but pleas make it look pretty. i can do this on the wall of my room in the house, will i make that wall a mustang then? <--- joking.... but not really

Louis-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Don’t like the new dashboard or the new design of the rear of the car. Otherwise the new design is ok.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
well i just stared at the inside of my 2022 for 120 miles today and i gotta say i'm sure glad i got one of these before they swapped the cool toggles and airplane themed gauges for ipads.
Sponsored