Sponsored

Poll: 2018 Owners - Auto or Manual

Which trans do you have on your 2018 GT?

• Total voters

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Our '18 is the wife's, and she wanted the auto. I will say that I am quite impressed with the A10. It seems to know where it needs to be in any situation. And, put the A10, the car, and the active exhaust in sport mode.......dayum. :)
Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Here's how this thread is gonna go.
Post 1. I drive manual
Post 2. Why autos are faster.
Post 3. But it takes more skill to drive a manual
Post. 4. A monkey could drive a manual!
Post 5. Autos are for women.
Post 6. Manuals are for dudes that like sticks in their hands.
Post 7. I feel more connected to the vehicle & the road with a manual.
Post. 8. But your still slow.
Post 488. Bla bla bla.....
exactly !!! i have rowed 9 sec cars but no way as consistently and honestly technology is so good today with 10 speeds and rev matching i don't need a manual and clutch repairs and shift fork issues ect ..

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Manual transmissions are for people nostalgic about a time long gone. Automatic transmissions are better in every measurable way.

Convince me I'm wrong.
Cheaper to fix a manual. Auto transmissions weigh more.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Good thing automatic drivers aren't fat old guys trying to relive their "glory days" :cwl:. I'm 6'2" buck 90, but I probably still weigh 100lbs less than the average Manual Man on this forum. More than makes up for the extra weight. I'm also not on a fixed income, so I'm not worried about a hypothetical repair bill for the transmission that breaks far less often than the MT82.

And one more thing... I'm not so slow that I couldn't read the date on a thread that's been dead for 2.5 years, on a topic that's been beaten to death for the last 100. NEXT!

:clap:
Lol take it easy buddy, just stating a few well known facts… Who cares what date it is? It’s interesting to read about opinions from both sides.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
You forgot the 3rd option
Auto transmissions that looks like a manual .it's confusing but easily to drive. Thank you White madness

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hmm, I may have voted more than once, but after being in IL several years, I adopted the vote early and vote often…..
Automatic, because I like it.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Cheaper to fix a manual. Auto transmissions weigh more.
Meh, Not in my world.
Repair manual after breaking, it, break it again so now upgrade known issue points, all while adding power in front of it, and better tires behind it, break it again, move to a better stronger unit requiring new/different stuff from the flywheel to the yoke/driveshaft.
It might be lighter, but Cheaper. Not in the long run.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Meh, Not in my world.
Repair manual after breaking, it, break it again so now upgrade known issue points, all while adding power in front of it, and better tires behind it, break it again, move to a better stronger unit requiring new/different stuff from the flywheel to the yoke/driveshaft.
It might be lighter, but Cheaper. Not in the long run.
I said cheaper to fix, not upgrade. And If "your world" is constantly breaking your transmission, doing bad repair jobs so it keeps breaking, all the while upgrading every part in it and add new tires and driveshaft, then yeah, get an auto because obviously you’re doing something wrong lol. I’m at 31,000 miles on my MT-82 and haven’t had a single issue.

905Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 pp mustang gt
This is a poll if you own a 2018 Mustang GT - do you own a manual or an automatic car?

Make your selection to vote!

**ALSO** - If you have a manual car with an aftermarket clutch - post or PM what clutch you're running - I'm really curious what aftermarket clutches people are running.
As much as the mt-82 is a pain in my rear I'd take it over a two pedal pony

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I have the MT82 on 19 PP2 (18,19, no difference) because that was all that was available. If the A10 had been available, I would have gotten the A10, but since I'm bi-transmissionable I settled for the manual.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I said cheaper to fix, not upgrade. And If "your world" is constantly breaking your transmission, doing bad repair jobs so it keeps breaking, all the while upgrading every part in it and add new tires and driveshaft, then yeah, get an auto because obviously you’re doing something wrong lol. I’m at 31,000 miles on my MT-82 and haven’t had a single issue.
You missed the shift fork issue and poor gear ratios by one year. 2018 is not the same as your 2017.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It isn't cheaper to fix, if you have to fix it over and over and over again, Been there, done that, have the scars from it.
Sponsored