Sponsored

Poll: 2018 Owners - Auto or Manual

Which trans do you have on your 2018 GT?

• Total voters

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
This is a poll if you own a 2018 Mustang GT - do you own a manual or an automatic car?

Make your selection to vote!

**ALSO** - If you have a manual car with an aftermarket clutch - post or PM what clutch you're running - I'm really curious what aftermarket clutches people are running.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual

Sponsored

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
YAMTT

Or

YATTTAT

Or

YADMC

There are already innumerable MT vs AT threads. None of them end well.
I guess I'm not familiar with all those abbreviations on the forum. I'll google it when I get home. Just curious what % of MT's are out there for 2018 personally.

**edit** - I googled those and still have no idea what you're trying to say. And I was definitely not wanting to start an auto vs manual war, if that's what you meant, although I can't control the content of others.

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
In the UK it's about 55% stick v 45% the others. Depends which country or region you are asking

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
In the UK it's about 55% stick v 45% the others. Depends which country or region you are asking
Thanks! It's early to tell but it seems like a roughly 50% distribution with initial responses. I'm curious to see how it plays out - and I/m personally glad to see there's still lots of manual cars out there.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
I guess I'm not familiar with all those abbreviations on the forum. I'll google it when I get home. Just curious what % of MT's are out there for 2018 personally.

**edit** - I googled those and still have no idea what you're trying to say. And I was definitely not wanting to start an auto vs manual war, if that's what you meant, although I can't control the content of others.
YAMTT - Yet Another Manual Transmission Thread
YATTTAT - Yet Another Thread Trashing The Automatic Transmission (see: activeGT)
YADMC is left to the interested reader.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm so confused by what you mean here. Please elaborate.
Here's how this thread is gonna go.
Post 1. I drive manual
Post 2. Why autos are faster.
Post 3. But it takes more skill to drive a manual
Post. 4. A monkey could drive a manual!
Post 5. Autos are for women.
Post 6. Manuals are for dudes that like sticks in their hands.
Post 7. I feel more connected to the vehicle & the road with a manual.
Post. 8. But your still slow.
Post 488. Bla bla bla.....

Sponsored

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Love how this is going to far.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I like both, I owned a 2015 GTPP and now I own a 2018 GTPP with a 10r80. No regrets but I do occasionally miss rowing gears.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoostā„¢, Vert, MagneRideĀ® PP
Vehicle Showcase
The difference is not between transmissions, but among drivers. The measurable differences in both scenarios are of minimal importance as is whatever opinion you might have about the virtues of either. I agree, it was a trap, but I'm not convnced it was intended that way.

What's interesting to me is that among the Mustang responders the division is close enough to half and half as to be insignificant. That is a long way from overall automobile users' choices.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I'm good with calling it roughly 50% for either transmission. That's higher than I would have thought - but I'm glad some find the rowing of gears to be worth it.

I can't say you weren't right about the direction of some of the comments - but I think it's interesting that the clear question of simply "Do you own the manual or automatic?" invoked the response of automatic vs. manual. I'm sure there are tons of threads for that as you mentioned but that's not the intention of the question.

I simply looked and couldn't find a metric for ownership % for the 18-19 and queried here. Thanks to those who responded to help give me an idea!