Sponsored

Poll: 2018 Owners - Auto or Manual

Which trans do you have on your 2018 GT?

• Total voters
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Current nationwide new stock listed on cars.com:
AT ~8000
MT ~3300
Unknown ~1150
That would be useful if we knew how many had sold - but this merely indicates the state of inventory. Does it mean MT outsold AT by a huge margin? Or vice versa? I can't answer that.

I do note that, although you've posted numerous times about your opinion of the threads existence, you've not voted yourself. This would have helped the collection of data and the spirit of the post.

But you're not alone - some are here to do just what was suggested by a few - who also didn't vote.

Again, thanks to all who've contributed their tally below!
4DD61115-082E-4926-AC28-1341E84F0423.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Didn't vote in this. But I did participate in the apple pie vs cherry pie survey. Im team cherry all the way. But for the record. I lIKE PIE. And the store sells both.....Thank god.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
YAMTT

Or

YATTTAT

Or

YADMC

There are already innumerable MT vs AT threads. None of them end well.

He didnt ask for a what is better post. Simply, what do you own. Pretty easy to understand.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Come on man. With 400+ posts. You haven't seen this play out? Don't matter what he asked. Just look at the childish response from activegt. Best to kill this nonsense with fire before it gets started.
Being the OP, I'd have preferred if those interested cast their vote (and posted any aftermarket clutch useage if possible) and didn't have others disinterested deign to "kill this nonsense with fire," and de-rail it. But that's just how I was brought up - to treat others' questions and ideas with respect. We're all different, though!

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Manual transmissions are for people nostalgic about a time long gone. Automatic transmissions are better in every measurable way.

Convince me I'm wrong.
This is why we can't have these polls/topics, with ridiculous statements like this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I drove both but wanted the absolute control of gears to be a manual and lever based affair. I think both camps will have pros and cons and that list could vary by the author of the list.

I appreciate everyone's viewpoint on it. I loved the auto for tons of reasons. I love the manual for others. Most of those reasons are subjective for me - and some are objective. But no matter whether you start your Mustang with clicks of a key fob or with your left foot buried in the carpet, they all should give you satisfaction in your choice!

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't vote in this. But I did participate in the apple pie vs cherry pie survey. Im team cherry all the way. But for the record. I lIKE PIE. And the store sells both.....Thank god.
It's a toss up between those two. If you factored in some vanilla ice cream though....

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
We need to start a car color poll. Lol. At least it is better than another ā€œmy car is tickingā€ thread.

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Come on man. With 400+ posts. You haven't seen this play out? Don't matter what he asked. Just look at the childish response from activegt. Best to kill this nonsense with fire before it gets started.
I posted what I did as a sarcastic remark. However I knew one of the three stooges would take it as serious. Congratulations on not letting me down.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
We need to start a car color poll. Lol. At least it is better than another ā€œmy car is tickingā€ thread.
I bet black would win.:angel:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

No because I rarely open the vs threads. I knew this was a simple poll.

Not the op's fault people suck