Political ads are pointless wastes of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I was watching tv last night or I should say trying too. I finally just turned it off. the political ads... oh my god...there must have been 70 in one 30 min tv show.

Who here or anywhere doesnt have a firm grasp on which side they are on and who they are voting for? so whats the point of the ads? its like thinking a pepsi drinker is gonna just switch to coke because they saw an ad. I couldnt change any of your political opinions if i beat you with a stick and threatened death. so whats the point of the millions and millions spent on ads? this no different then if catholics put up ads to say hey baptists come be catholic.... pointless cause aint gonna happen.

waste of money like road signs . have you ever noticed all the signs along a road? Bet you haven't. then start thinking about all the money spent on all those signs you dont even notice. pay attention some time to the shear amount of road signs on a single mile of highway. youll see historical markers, sponsered by , litter pick up awards, pointless mileage signs, random crap that doesnt even make sense, sister city signs, signs saying such and such town is 780 miles away...why you dont look at them and most people cant read the stuff flying by at 75 mph anyway. there must be at least 40 pointless signs per mile in this country.

the amount of good the mountain of money wasted daily by government could do the people. yet they struggle to give the people a few hundred bucks.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I was watching tv last night or I should say trying too. I finally just turned it off. the political ads... oh my god...there must have been 70 in one 30 min tv show.

Who here or anywhere doesnt have a firm grasp on which side they are on and who they are voting for? so whats the point of the ads? its like thinking a pepsi drinker is gonna just switch to coke because they saw an ad. I couldnt change any of your political opinions if i beat you with a stick and threatened death. so whats the point of the millions and millions spent on ads? this no different then if catholics put up ads to say hey baptists come be catholic.... pointless cause aint gonna happen.

waste of money like road signs . have you ever noticed all the signs along a road? Bet you haven't. then start thinking about all the money spent on all those signs you dont even notice. pay attention some time to the shear amount of road signs on a single mile of highway. youll see historical markers, sponsered by , litter pick up awards, pointless mileage signs, random crap that doesnt even make sense, sister city signs, signs saying such and such town is 780 miles away...why you dont look at them and most people cant read the stuff flying by at 75 mph anyway. there must be at least 40 pointless signs per mile in this country.

the amount of good the mountain of money wasted daily by government could do the people. yet they struggle to give the people a few hundred bucks.
They are for people like me... true independent who has a lean right now but not 100% made up his mind. But I don't watch TV... so... lol

Also, look up marketing psychology... it will help you answer the question on why so many ads and signs. Won't be the only answer, but looking that up may help. Those signs probably have a good ROI.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
They are for people like me... true independent who has a lean right now but not 100% made up his mind. But I don't watch TV... so... lol

Also, look up marketing psychology... it will help you answer the question on why so many ads and signs. Won't be the only answer, but looking that up may help. Those signs probably have a good ROI.
I guess I am one of the anomalies. Ads just piss me off. I get tired of being bombarded with them. The more I see a particular ad the less I want to even buy that product. It was so bad last night I couldn't even enjoy a show. it was 5 mins of show and then 5 mins of Biden Biden Biden. trump trump trump at this point i wish they would all just go away and just not have a president. seriously has anyone thought of that ? do we even need one? Ill honestly vote for who ever comes on and says I wont shove myself in your face everyday and ill stay off social media. it was one of the things i miss about obama he just did what he did like it or not and maybe once every few months you heard from him. This constant daily bombardment of politics is getting so flip in old.... I gotta hear about it 75 times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.