Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
No offense to anyone, but after reading comments in this thread for a while, I gotta ask if this intake is really as difficult and complicated as it seems. I keep seeing complaints about it arriving with parts missing or defective parts or parts that break during install...unclear install instructions, improper IAT readings, how to angle the MAF, etc. I was interested in it a while ago but then started reading all the negative feedback. I have an Airaid that gave me no problems at all with install and operation. I would love to try out the PMAS NT. But I'm a bit skeptical at this point. And a bit paranoid as there were too many times in the past where I read a few negative reviews, ignored them, bought the product anyway, and ended up screwed. So can someone tell me if it really is as complicated as people are making it out to be (for an intake) or are people just kinda making it out to be more than it is? For what it's worth, it does seem that a LOT of people are having no issues at all with it and it is operation very well in those cases. I'm tempted...
the iat is wrong even in the stock configuration. Even your set up, the temp isnt accurate.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks like something some dude made in his basement. Any chance PMAS has plans to make it look a little nicer?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
No it dosnt look like it was in a basement and I must say I am more than happy I chose this Intake. I don't even think it's thathe ugly anymore. I think it's more of a "I mean buisness" look. It performs and sounds amazing. I can feel big gains all across the power band! Thanks pmas and [MENTION=13918]Derek@Lethal[/MENTION] ;) ! Only difficult parts of install was the tight coupler but after thay it's gravy. Also my iat have said at 8 or 9 degrees above ambient on freeway. Only 3 degrees more than stock did.

Last edited:

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Looks like something some dude made in his basement. Any chance PMAS has plans to make it look a little nicer?
I've never raced with my hood open...

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I think the PMAS looks great. If you want something that has a different shaped elbow and doesn't require a tune, I hope you also enjoy looking at a PMAS equipped cars tail lights.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I put mine on this evening. I had zero trouble with the couplers just use a little man strength and it's easy but I've installed 6 ply couplers on turbo setups and those don't stretch. Also no issues with the bolts for the bubble tank. The one clamp for the 4" part of the coupler is a tad small but no big deal it works. The only issue I had was the bolt hole in the box doesn't line up that well with the speed clip on the body because the side of the box hits the body (fender) before it lines up 100%. I plan on cutting the side of the box so more air from the inner fender can wash over the filter which should help it fit better as well.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put mine on this evening. I had zero trouble with the couplers just use a little man strength and it's easy but I've installed 6 ply couplers on turbo setups and those don't stretch. Also no issues with the bolts for the bubble tank. The one clamp for the 4" part of the coupler is a tad small but no big deal it works. The only issue I had was the bolt hole in the box doesn't line up that well with the speed clip on the body because the side of the box hits the body (fender) before it lines up 100%. I plan on cutting the side of the box so more air from the inner fender can wash over the filter which should help it fit better as well.

My box fits perfectly. Did you transfer the rubber grommet and rubber that is on the nipples type part that lines up the box? I transfered those two from stock box.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Always gotta keep in mind.. for every 1 person with an issue there are 50 without. You just don't hear from the people without problems. Goes for lots of things.. You know the old saying.. no news is good news. lol. I'm also pretty sure that every single person that has had an issue has been taken care of.
Zero issues here.....and hooked mine up to a GT350 intake with GT350 throttle body. Also I used your MAF transfer tables and my trims are pretty close to spot on :headbang::headbang:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It's really not that ugly. AEM, BBK and K&N make far uglier intakes for the S-550 (especially the chrome versions) and those make zero power gains because they use 3.5" tube like stock and tiny filters.
2n8d0sn.jpg

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the maf housing suppose to be that far in? Mine didn't seem to make it that far and don't want to crush the wires to sensor.
Sponsored