Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
You mean by where cold air enters from front grill?
If so good idea as air moving over the sensor will help prevent heat soak. :)
Almost, the maf pipe isn't quite long enough so it's partially there. It's very close to where the pipe enters the box from the engine.

I couldn't get the MAF down inside the shield like that without leaving a large gap between the tube and the shield. This let in a lot of hot air and made my IATs much higher.
A gap in the cut out where the tube enters the box? I didn't like the way the maf plug wires rubbed on the box so I rotated it down far enough that it wouldn't contact the box wall anymore.
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is not directed at anyone in particular but trap speeds are as relatable as dyno numbers. I don’t see any time slips showing 60’ times within a few 1000ths. If you did this test and corrected DA between runs with a very consistent car you may be able to have reliable data. Tuned cars typically have the torque maxed out and torque is what accelerates a vehicle or a roller. HP is a mere calculation. The same way any logger can be reasonably accurate calculating HP if BSFC and fuel rate is known. The sum of the data is only as good as the raw data. Back to back testing needs to be done on a non-tuned car to see the difference between intakes. Then if it still shows gains with a tune it’s just a bonus.

My car runs pretty consistent. I would say I have a good base to compare. And my test with my Steeda intake WERE on the stock tune. It was their no-tune version. No 22rwhp to be found.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
My car runs pretty consistent. I would say I have a good base to compare. And my test with my Steeda intake WERE on the stock tune. It was their no-tune version. No 22rwhp to be found.

You should test this one the same way LOL. Nice runs BTW. What are you running for a rear tire.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You should test this one the same way LOL. Nice runs BTW. What are you running for a rear tire.

Tires are 295/45-17 ET Street Radial IIs. 27.4" tall. With my 3.15 gear I am hitting the traps at 7200rpm in 3rd gear.... 4th gear shift has been commanded too... so another couple hp and I will nee 28" tires, or manual shift and hold 3rd longer.

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Installed my PMAS No Tune Required CAI today. Installation was simple- roughly 45 minutes including a cold Diet Pepsi break and phone call from my man Josh at Ridetech. Initial impression is very positive! As we've come to expect from years of experience with PMAS, the parts quality is excellent, drivability was flawless, and there was a noticeable power gain. (particularly above 5500 RPMs) I'm also pleased to see that the IATs were within 5-6* of ambient. That's a big deal on a day like today in south Florida. (92* ambient) Nice job [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION]!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.uprproducts.com/pmas-cold-air-intake-mustang-15.html

Last edited:

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Installed my PMAS No Tune Required CAI today. Installation was simple- roughly 45 minutes including a cold Diet Pepsi break and phone call from my man Josh at Ridetech. Initial impression is very positive! As we've come to expect from years of experience with PMAS, the parts quality is excellent, drivability was flawless, and there was a noticeable power gain. (particularly above 5500 RPMs) I'm also pleased to see that the IATs were within 5-6* of ambient. That's a big deal on a day like today in south Florida. (92* ambient) Nice job [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION]!! :thumbsup::thumbs:

Just received mine today as well :cheers: Going to do the install right after work :headbang: This thing is badass, it's ginormous!

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
I see you rotated the maf down as well. Clean install :D

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Thanks guys!! It means a lot to us when the shop guys run our stuff on their personal cars!! :cheers:
Which orientation would you prefer the MAF?

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Installed my PMAS No Tune Required CAI today. Installation was simple- roughly 45 minutes including a cold Diet Pepsi break and phone call from my man Josh at Ridetech. Initial impression is very positive! As we've come to expect from years of experience with PMAS, the parts quality is excellent, drivability was flawless, and there was a noticeable power gain. (particularly above 5500 RPMs) I'm also pleased to see that the IATs were within 5-6* of ambient. That's a big deal on a day like today in south Florida. (92* ambient) Nice job [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION]!! :thumbsup::thumbs:
now get to the dyno and lets see the results, if you are running 93 octane.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Installed my PMAS No Tune Required CAI today. Installation was simple- roughly 45 minutes including a cold Diet Pepsi break and phone call from my man Josh at Ridetech. Initial impression is very positive! As we've come to expect from years of experience with PMAS, the parts quality is excellent, drivability was flawless, and there was a noticeable power gain. (particularly above 5500 RPMs) I'm also pleased to see that the IATs were within 5-6* of ambient. That's a big deal on a day like today in south Florida. (92* ambient) Nice job @PMAS !! :thumbsup::thumbs:

No catch cans on your personal rig?

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys!! It means a lot to us when the shop guys run our stuff on their personal cars!! :cheers:
I run what works, and 15 years of experience using PMAS on my personal vehicles have taught me that your parts work well. Thanks again for such a great part!

now get to the dyno and lets see the results, if you are running 93 octane.
Not interested in dynoing the car, but dev1360's tests should satisfy those who are curious about this PMAS kit.

No catch cans on your personal rig?
Not yet. The supercharger (which I don't have yet) requires a different catch can kit than the NA setup.

Last edited: