Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
How are you guys orienting the MAF tube?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Are there any dyno results for the non-tune vs. tune PMAS?
Every time this gets asked, my head hurts more.

THEY. ARE. THE. SAME. INTAKE. AND. MAF. THEY. HAVE. THE. SAME. POWER. POTENTIAL.

Sponsored

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

THEY. ARE. THE. SAME. INTAKE. AND. MAF. THEY. HAVE. THE. SAME. POWER. POTENTIAL.
so is that a no you don't have one? :bolt: lol jk :cheers:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6

I think he is asking if there is a dyno with the tuned version vs the non-tuned version...as in, is there a dyno comparo with the tuned version and a tune on it vs the non-tuned version with no tune? They have the same potential sure. But what is the difference between them when the non-tuned is thrown on out the box and the tuned is thrown on with a tune? I think that is what he was asking.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Both can be tuned the same. You can install the "no tune" and tune the car like any other. The ONLY difference is that the MAF transfer won't need adjusted.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I think he is asking if there is a dyno with the tuned version vs the non-tuned version...as in, is there a dyno comparo with the tuned version and a tune on it vs the non-tuned version with no tune? They have the same potential sure. But what is the difference between them when the non-tuned is thrown on out the box and the tuned is thrown on with a tune? I think that is what he was asking.
If the tune is the same zero power difference either way. I have to believe though that the difference on a car with long tubes and a GT350, Boss, or CJ manifold (if you could make it fit with the Pmas) would be bigger vs just throwing the Pmas intake on an otherwise stock car.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
If the tune is the same zero power difference either way. I have to believe though that the difference on a car with long tubes and a GT350, Boss, or CJ manifold (if you could make it fit with the Pmas) would be bigger vs just throwing the Pmas intake on an otherwise stock car.
LOL, no, I mean, I think the dude who asked about the dyno wanted to know what the difference would be if you took a stock GT and added the non-tuned PMAS with no tune vs a stock GT with a tuned PMAS and custom tune, lol!! Or what would the difference be between a non-tuned PMAS with no tune on it and a tuned PMAS with a tune on it. I think that is what he was asking. Basically, how much more HP will the tune add and is there a dyno for it...is what he was asking.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
The tuned car will obviously make more power because it's now tuned. Then non tune version will probably make less power not because of the maf but because car isn't tuned for max performance. Now if u have a non tune then get a tune, you are in the same boat and spent 100 dollars extra. Invest in the tune with non tune intake.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Fitted my PMAS tonight and it all went together pretty easily, started car idled fine, drove car and seemed fine, I have noticed the following and wondering if others witness the same:

1. Upon first start up the intake was making air popping sounds / noises, definetely coming from the intake tube, anyone else noticed this?
2. Heavy and full throttle it is far louder than stock intake setup and stock intake with airaid modular intake tube. Infact with windows up at full throttle it is almost boomy/resonates the cabin. Yes the sound tube is disconnected, I got rid of it ages ago.
3. So really apart from more overall volume and deep down growl, the car drives fine.

So have others found the PMAS made their car louder both inside and outside at heavy/full throttle, particular with windows up, my exhaust is Corsa Sport catback system.

Shall comment on performance in a few days after car has fully adapted.

Couple of photos of the install:

Does it look right guys?

Last edited:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hi there

Fitted my PMAS tonight and it all went together pretty easily, started car idled fine, drove car and seemed fine, I have noticed the following and wondering if others witness the same:

1. Upon first start up the intake was making air popping sounds / noises, definetely coming from the intake tube, anyone else noticed this?
2. Heavy and full throttle it is far louder than stock intake setup and stock intake with airaid modular intake tube. Infact with windows up at full throttle it is almost boomy/resonates the cabin. Yes the sound tube is disconnected, I got rid of it ages ago.
3. So really apart from more overall volume and deep down growl, the car drives fine.

So have others found the PMAS made their car louder both inside and outside at heavy/full throttle, particular with windows up, my exhaust is Corsa Sport catback system.

Shall comment on performance in a few days after car has fully adapted.

Couple of photos of the install:

Does it look right guys?
Try to get the MAF inside the heat shield so it stays as far away from fan wash as possible.

seifrefai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
Man i keep trying to fit that coupling on but it just keeps slipping from the bottom no matter what! Im givibg up here need some help! Already took off the stoxk intake lol