put some spit on the coupler hehe
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
put some spit on the coupler hehe
Lol I'm gonna try some grease but dam this should not be this hard to get on the rental. Especially the awkward shape and parts coming out of it. I don't want to break anything off.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Ok that's the part I'm not sure how to remove the firewall end. I'll take another look. Right now I'm having a hell of a time putting the rubber sleeve over the end of elbow that connects to throttle body. Appears to be to small.
It just pushes into the firewall, just pull back on it.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I just tore the skin off my knuckles trying to put this rubber thing on the elbow. I'm done for now.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I shouldn't have to clean up anything. I should be able to just slide it on and tighten. Just like the other side that goes to maf. Thank God I didn't remove stock one yet. I don't see how this coupler is gonna fit. I put some serious muscle into it to where I cut three fingers in the edge of this thing.

Not sure on size of coupler but there's two thay came with. This is the smaller one that goes on tb end. No way would fit on maf end. It does reduce in size from one end to other.

Also just noticed the edge of elbow cut the coupler so now need a new one. :(

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I see that that sound tube loops around the back of the intake. Do I need to remove all that too? I don't want to break anything back there. May just leave it for now. Lol
Yep just yank hard on it if you don't plan on putting it back on. There is a little bolt down there behind the engine on the firewall that is almost impossible to reach. I just yanked hard and broke the plastic bracket that holds it on.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I shouldn't have to clean up anything. I should be able to just slide it on and tighten. Just like the other side that goes to maf. Thank God I didn't remove stock one yet. I don't see how this coupler is gonna fit. I put some serious muscle into it to where I cut three fingers in the edge of this thing.

Not sure on size of coupler but there's two thay came with. This is the smaller one that goes on tb end. No way would fit on maf end. It does reduce in size from one end to other.

Also just noticed the edge of elbow cut the coupler so now need a new one. :(
That definitely should be addressed it would be easy enough to clean up the sharp plastic edges before sending them out to customers. I'm easy And I'm handy so I don't really mind doing little things like this but I can understand why many would not want to.

Sponsored

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Give me a min guys.. I'm uploading a video on how to easily get the coupling on. you need to stretch it from the inside. It's a tight fit but it fits. Couplings aren't available in any exact size. We opted for the tight fit over the lose fit.

[ame]

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is beyond a tight fit. Sweating here still trying need to go to work.

Edit. Doing the exact way you showed. I'm determined. Still going at it

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUCCESS! FINALLY GOT IT ON. I removed all the nipples put my knee down on it and used method above. Gonna install tomorrow morning now

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
SUCCESS! FINALLY GOT IT ON. I removed all the nipples put my knee down on it and used method above. Gonna install tomorrow morning now
:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Sponsored