Please not post on the real GT350 forum without tech

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
“… Carrol Shebly did not like the Gt350. That particular car was designed for the house wives that wanted a mustang….”
I hereby officially identify as a full fledged “House Wife” in order to keep my GT350 and honor Carrol Shelby’s vision.

I shall do whatever is needed to keep driving my GT350 with pride… I will keep the house clean, have dinner ready when my spouse returns from work, if my spouse needs “servicing” or “attention” I will not fuss… the list goes on and on!

Thanks Greg for the heads-up… my mission is now clear.

SARCASM DISCLAIMER
100% baby…. Go to your Safe Space if somehow offended.
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
If you have nothing to add on the GT350 or don't have a specific question on a GT350, you may want to post elsewhere. Just asking.

I have a 2019 Ford GT350 that I bought new. The car is better than good. It's a special car that needs a guy that knows how to service and run it.

2019GT350.jpg

Race it? It's a lot faster than you.

2019Gt350b.png

The price was here on my sticker:
2019GT350MSRP.jpg

I'd say $60K all in with taxes.
i have your exact car but with every option. I walked out the dealer $60,500 tax title fees……what a time to buy one of these. Sat in their showroom for 8months and i said fugg it

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Don’t know if I’d ever own a car that I cannot feel free to drive and not worry about it.
My wife on the other hand is scared of the GT350. Reason? The front end scraping. We’re going to work on that today.
Lift Kit ??? :wink:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
GT owners have so much envy :crackup:

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Lift Kit ??? :wink:
She went for a rip in it yesterday for the first time. It’s been a while since she’s driven a manual. Like riding a bike, you get rusty but you never forget. She did really well and her fears began to disappear. Knowing the spoiler can be replaced easily helped her mental state.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
It's an internet forum, of course we do.

Every track attack car had at least one engine change. I suppose the garage queens will never have any problems. :)

Yes it is.
Not sure how or from whom you got your info on “ every track attack car had its engine changed “? I met a Ford VIP group guy that Took down all the Vins of the track attack cars at Mazda raceway/Laguna seca and found out that mine was one of them and the Vin on my block matches the Vin on my chassis? Better tell your source oops 😬

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
This is an awesome thread with 8 pages.

I love my 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 with all the stuff that Ford sent me. It's been raced.

Ford then pushed up the next car to the 2021+ GT500 which is more a drag-strip car and less road car.

I'd be the first buyer of the new 2023 Mustang in GT350 form.

BTW, the older 2020 Mustang just finished 1, 2. 3 at VIR in the IMSA Pilot Race at VIR (fast darn track for you rookies). Yes, they had the famous Ford racer Joey Hand as a co-driver in the 1st place car.
VIRMustangHand.jpg

As well as the Famous Billy Johnson in the 2nd place car. Billy has raced and won with GT40's at Le Mans and was co-driver to Jack Roush, Jr. in a Roush Mustang (go figure).

A Ford Mustang also finished third.

With a little help from Ford Racing, these guys can do well at the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta later this month.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That was a fun race to watch this weekend. If Johnson had another lap he probably would of had first. He was on a tear after the penalty. Really cool watching that class. The others as well.

I love my 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 with all the stuff that Ford sent me. It's been raced.

Ford then pushed up the next car to the 2021+ GT500 which is more a drag-strip car and less road car.

BTW, the older 2020 Mustang just finished 1, 2. 3 at VIR in the IMSA Pilot Race at VIR (fast darn track for you rookies). Yes, they had the famous Ford racer Joey Hand as a co-driver in the 1st place car.
VIRMustangHand.jpg

As well as the Famous Billy Johnson in the 2nd place car. Billy has raced and won with GT40's at Le Mans and was co-driver to Jack Roush, Jr. in a Roush Mustang (go figure).

With a little help from Ford Racing, these guys can do well at the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta later this month.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Since this thread is already off the rails, I guess this isn't a hijack......

Not sure how or from whom you got your info on “ every track attack car had its engine changed “? I met a Ford VIP group guy that Took down all the Vins of the track attack cars at Mazda raceway/Laguna seca and found out that mine was one of them and the Vin on my block matches the Vin on my chassis? Better tell your source oops 😬
You may be confusing the early pre-release intro media / PR events that were held at tracks around the US (North American Track Tour) with the owner's GT350 Track Attack program that was conducted by Ford Performance Racing School originally at Utah Motorsports Campus and then, in '20 - current at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Of the 20 plus cars that were used for the FPRS owner's program, only 17 of the original 18 2016 cars were sold in Dec 2021. There were a few later model cars that were either returned to Ford or disposed of in other ways, but not sold to the general public.

It was confirmed to me by various FPRS employees that all of the 17 cars that were sold were on at least their second engine - some more than that. Mine (#14) is on it's second, a Gen2 that was installed at the end of the '19 season just before the cars left UMC for CMS.

It is quite possible that your car was used in that earlier media / PR program, but unless you bought it within the past 10 months, it's not one of the GT350 Track Attack program cars.

Oh, and it would look like this - but with lots of rash on the nose, rockers, and leading edge of the quarter panels.

EDIT to add..... just noticed that you have an R, so definitely not one of the Track Attack cars. Although FPRS had three Rs, none were used for the owner's program, nor were any sold.

General Pic.png

Full Family at FPRS Utah.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Wow I didn’t even know about the media PR tour . My contact was with a VIP group that had been chosen to buy one of the first 37 2015 R’s . He had said that he had logged all the vins there at Laguna Seca and there was one Magnetic R with my vin . It was on display earlier at the Chicago Auto show . So these were PR driven a couple of laps I read .amazing info and uncovering some history . SVT said they couldn’t release info on my pilot production made 5/15 . Thanks so much and my apologies to our kx4fd as I mistook the two events .

4DBD1697-00B9-41A1-9E48-CC00F5D05782.jpeg

428BB1E4-D781-4204-BAAF-98CFAC1498ED.jpeg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have some tech for you guys. Although I don't have a GT350, I did find out while I was at Shelby America in Las Vegas, Carrol Shebly did not like the Gt350. That particular car was designed for the house wives that wanted a mustang. He actually tried to scrap the project. He hated everything about it.

The owner of the very 1st GT350 is believe to live in Colorado. The car was bought for 2 mil...

Not sure of your source but I dont think its totally accurate. Carroll did not like the idea of any Mustang in the shop, Secretaries car as you all heard. But Lee Iacocca didn't mince words and the project was never in doubt. Maybe Mr Shebly was the one who didnt like it :)

Going to follow up with one of the original guys to get the skinny

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

VIRMustangHand.jpg

I believe Joey won at Lemans, Billy was third because of some sort of issue

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I see you were talking the event cars but, the fact every track car has a Gen 2 engine is expected. Anyone who races or tracks a ton knows the engine will need to be replaced or rebuilt frequently. The Voodoo likely more often. Its not a failure issue. I owned one of the Bondurant Cobras and she made 20K before she started burning more oil then fuel.
Sponsored