Please not post on the real GT350 forum without tech

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Every one of the track attack cars had at least one engine change.

38 is a GT350, so 37 other cars are faster, most driven by Randy. Why didn't he drive a 350?

66 is an Alfa, So don't understand this.

I just scanned the list but only one GT350 in the top 100
38 is a GT350R that is behind a SS 1LE.

I was shooting the shit with him about my Alfa Quad about lapping a 350. Obviously its not true but they do share the same Nürburgring times. Both ran a 7:32. One just happens to be a 4 door sedan lol.

I love the Mustang line up I really do. The looks on the GT350 and 500 are amazing. But we cannot pretend they are the best car for the money on the track.

Chevy did an amazing job with the SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE. Hate or love Chevy that is undeniable.
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350

I was shooting the shit with him about my Alfa Quad about lapping a 350. Obviously its not true but they do share the same Nürburgring times. Both ran a 7:32. One just happens to be a 4 door sedan lol.

I love the Mustang line up I really do. The looks on the GT350 and 500 are amazing. But we cannot pretend they are the best car for the money on the track.

Chevy did an amazing job with the SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE. Hate or love Chevy that is undeniable.
gt500 > zl1 1le > gt350 > ss 1le IMO

and their price points mirror that a bit, so best bang for the buck is debatable depending on where your sweet spot is for things.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Or drink and surf EBay… you end up with crap showing up at your door and thinking why the hell did I buy this??! 😂
Is that what happened with your seat covers? They look great, hope you're not in regret.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

The Nurburgring times are meaningless without knowing the driver, conditions, and whether the track was closed down for a record or if it was on an open lapping day with traffic. You can literally be on the ring with a caged Porsche Cup car roaring down splitting the line between two minivans.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
The Nurburgring times are meaningless without knowing the driver, conditions, and whether the track was closed down for a record or if it was on an open lapping day with traffic. You can literally be on the ring with a caged Porsche Cup car roaring down splitting the line between two minivans.
Those are the published times by the manufacturers... I highly doubt they are going to post some open track day and make their high end model cars look bad.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Is that what happened with your seat covers? They look great, hope you're not in regret.
LOL nope that was a sober purchase.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Those are the published times by the manufacturers... I highly doubt they are going to post some open track day and make their high end model cars look bad.
Ford specifically does not publish Nurburgring times, and has never published an official Nurburgring time for the GT350 or GT350R. There was a rumored GT350R time of 7:32:19 years back during testing, but again not put out by Ford. If you have a source from Ford stating otherwise I'd be interested to see.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is there still a speed limit on that one section?

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected! You are right... damn would be nice if they did.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
This thread started at 12:30am. Nothing good ever happens after midnight. I've been there before. Don't drink and post.
Have we forgot to not feed the gremlins after midnight.

BD

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
If your car MSRP'd for 10k more than a loaded GT, you at least deserve your own forum safe space right?

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
engineering is engineering. if you understand something well enough you can look at it on paper and have a pretty good idea of what works.

ford tried a ton of new stuff out on this car. it looks GORGEOUS and the engines seem to be finicky and require a higher standard of more routine maintenance.

ya know what else requires more maintenance? things that are inherently flawed.
that's a big red flag to anybody who's been all over the map when it comes to cars.

its not even a knock, its just the price you pay for the car, but acting like other mustang owners shouldn't tread on your holy ground is just askin for a slice of humble pie.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...

I guess if we want to go just a tad deeper ... Here's the "real" Shelby forum... where real Shelby's go play...

https://forums.shelby.com/

just sayin'.... 😂 😁 :devil:✌
I sold mine and had to leave.:crying:

Given the OPs proclaimed stable of cars. I am surprised his GT350 is the one giving him a hard on. If he takes delivery of that Porsche Turbo. He will then learn what fast really is.

Last edited:

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Quote: "Lol my fav, the gt350 owner that thinks they have a Ferrari. Glad it makes you that happy!"

Considering that I bought my 2019 GT350 with 1,900 miles, in absolutely perfect condition and that it drives and sounds terrific, for a big 14% of the price of a new 488, does without any doubt whatsoever, makes me more than happy, actually ecstatic. No matter how you tabulate the differences between the two cars, you will never be able to critize the entire $362,000 in savings alone.

If I need to drive a speedier car than the GT350 I can always hope into my C7 Corvette Z06, upgraded to just over 700hp (don't need any more for this excercise), whose 0-60 surpasses or equals the 488 models, and whose top speed equals those models. All accomplished for $345,000 less than a 488.

Not bad huh - in both cases.

I driven a 488 so I certainly know not only the objective benefits, but the subjective ones also.
It's definitely a great car.
Sponsored

Last edited: