Please help, stolen rear brake covers?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That's an abnormal amount of corrosion for that amount of km. Are you washing your rims with acidic cleaner?
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Car was registered new in August, we don't usually get snow. No salt on the roads.
Hummm. Very weird. I've no idea what could've caused that level of corrosion then, but it definitely isn't right. Have a dealer you can bring it into?

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
That's an abnormal amount of corrosion for that amount of km. Are you washing your rims with acidic cleaner?
That's possible. But it seems like even a highly acidic cleaner shouldn't be able to do that level of damage in four months? Unless they're getting hit with it like, weekly...

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
There have been various posts thru different threads about some of the corrosion on M1's shipped overseas. Don't know if it had to do with the cars location on the ship, weather, rough seas etc. but OP is not alone with excessive corrosion on a brand new vehicle.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
For the time being I would give them a bath in white vinegar to Neutralize..also sure that's not the only problem area..I would inspect under the car and look at all components . under the hood as well ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That indeed looks quite nasty. I don't have such corrosion and the paint on the caliper looks like new, but I was driving only on dry roads and washed it only twice šŸ˜
Here's for comparison after 2200 km and I did put wheel ceramics on them (Auto Finesse Caramics).

rears.jpg
Wow, yours look really nice.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
There have been various posts thru different threads about some of the corrosion on M1's shipped overseas. Don't know if it had to do with the cars location on the ship, weather, rough seas etc. but OP is not alone with excessive corrosion on a brand new vehicle.
Looks like I got the bottom of the boat!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Your car was like this on it's way to you:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If your calipers look this badly corroded then you better check out the rest of the underbody and brake lines, etc.... Wow that's bad!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If your calipers look this badly corroded then you better check out the rest of the underbody and brake lines, etc.... Wow that's bad!!
you are right, can you imagine!

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Sure looks like water damage, do they both look alike? Or is one worse?
Do you have a lawn sprinkler system that over sprays one side of your parked car.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This was my thoughts exactly ā€¦

If the dealer did the prep they use a really strong cleaner over here, one of the old school types (hydrochloric I think).

They were instructed not to touch my car with anything, which they complied with, but it didnā€™t stop there ā€˜detailerā€™ spraying the wheels and then making the fatal mistake of letting it dry.

1639599891290.jpeg

Only thing thatā€™s could shift if with was more hydrochloric (brick acid) followed by LOTS of water.

I was fortunate that it was only on the wheels and not the brakes. That type of wheel cleaner destroys the plating on typical single piston callipers really quickly, and the black callipers are just the standard plating with a quick dusting of black paint.

I know of a big OE that has charged customers for new callipers when they have been subject to those type of cleaners when the car was returned at the end of a lease :frown:

Hope you get it sorted :like:

WD :like:

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
the rears look to be black in this pic if you zoom in.
1639604434926.jpeg

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
We had similar issues when I was in the military and shipped our vehicle to England in 2001.
Sponsored