Sponsored

Please help, fitment question... will 2021 black accent wheels clear performance package brakes?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I've got a tentative deal on a set of 2021 take offs, they are black accent wheels and tires. The rims are 19x8.5, I don't recall the offset. The tires are 255/40R19. Can anyone confirm these wheels will bolt right up on my 2016 GT with performance package? I'm supposed to meet up with the seller on Sunday afternoon so don't have a lot of time to figure out if they will fit. Would prefer not to have to bolt them up to confirm. I'm including a picture of the wheels I'm referring to for reference. Thanks in advance for any help!

--Tom

wheels.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Incase anybody has the same question, the seller let me test fit the wheels. There were no fitment issues, they bolted right up and clear everything just fine!

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You are downgrading the wheels compared to the pp1
The front is 9” wide in the pp1and 9.5 in the rear. 275 and 255 tires

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
You are downgrading the wheels compared to the pp1
The front is 9” wide in the pp1and 9.5 in the rear. 275 and 255 tires
I know, but in Wisconsin summer tires are useless except for July and August. These are 8.5 rims with 255/40/19 same as the stock tires were on the front. I had already replaced the rear PP1 rims with 9" fronts so I could rotate the tires. I was going to run 275s all the way around with 9" rims so if I rubbed a curb I didn't rash but I'm old, the 255s will be fine. Plus, I like to slide the back end and that is definitely a little easier now!

:like:

Reactions: luc

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Incase anybody has the same question, the seller let me test fit the wheels. There were not fitment issues, they bolted right up and clear everything just fine!
Makes sense. Forum members have confirmed in the past that the black accent package wheels from prior model years do clear the Brembos. However, I wasn't sure about those. I didn't know the latest black accent wheels looked like Bullitt wheels.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Makes sense. Forum members have confirmed in the past that the black accent package wheels from prior model years do clear the Brembos. However, I wasn't sure about those. I didn't know the latest black accent wheels looked like Bullitt wheels.
Ya, I didn't like prior years black accent rims. When I first put these on I liked my PP rims better, but now they are growing on me. Probably because it's just something different. There was more tread left on my old tires than I thought, so I can swap back and forth! LOL

EDIT: It was really overcast today but I will post some pictures when I get a chance. $800 for a brand new set of take off rims, tires, tpms, center caps, and lug nuts delivered to my door... I wasn't turning that down!
Sponsored