Please help - car pulls right on acceleration and left at lift-off

SergioG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info! When I floor the pedal the car moves like if it's on ice, at high speeds when it's a sharp curve it feels like it's going to slide off the road. I never had this problem until I took it to Firestone to get new tires installed and they advised me I should also get alignment done, so I told them to go ahead and do it. From there the car has had that problem. I'm going to take it back to Firestone today for them to check it out.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the info! When I floor the pedal the car moves like if it's on ice, at high speeds when it's a sharp curve it feels like it's going to slide off the road. I never had this problem until I took it to Firestone to get new tires installed and they advised me I should also get alignment done, so I told them to go ahead and do it. From there the car has had that problem. I'm going to take it back to Firestone today for them to check it out.
Some (lots?) of alignment shops will do a free check. Hit one of them first so you don't get some CYA BS from the Firestone shop.

From your description they aren't trustworthy. They either BSed you into paying them for an alignment and/or screwed up said alignment.

SergioG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ya man I do have to take it to another shop. I did take it back to Firestone and after checking it they said the tires are "crap." I told them I had the same brand tires and never had a problem even tho they were almost bald. I have Mickey Thompson Street comp, they said they even went on Google and saw reviews on that tire and said it had very bad reviews and blamed it on the tire.

11Darnold

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dillon
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp1
If anyone is ever wondering what this problem is it’s a bad tire after few hundred dollars later that’s what it was

Sponsored

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Didn't the OP say it when away when they rotated the tires???? If that is so it is pointing directly at the tires and nothing else.

" The key thing to me is that the issue was solved by rotating tires - so I'm at a loss why any of the above items would be resolved by rotating tires."

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Zombie thread….
Sponsored