Sponsored

Please clarify — Is the Mach 1 a product from Ford Performance? Or designated as a regular Ford product? -Anyway, I ordered one.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No Performance Blue offered = Not a Ford Performance vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST is not offered in Performance Blue, and it is indeed a Ford Performance product.
Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Well, according to my Ford rep here in Canada, the 2021 Mach 1 is indeed a Ford Performance vehicle. It is NOT a Mustang trim level option and is a "stand alone" order. You can't get a Tremec in a Mustang GT amongst other specific Mach 1 -only parts.
I questioned him on why his zone rep said there would only be 44 total units coming to Canada and he said that only Ford Performance dealers (former SVT dealers) would be able to order them, and not "regular" Ford dealers. He said this would make them rarer than the GT500's or GT350's in availability, at least in Canada. Not sure if the same applies to the US which usually gives us approx. 10% of total production units. Does this mean the US will only get 500+ Mach 1's? Can't be.....
I truly thought the total number of Mach 1's for Canada would be much higher because most Ford dealers would be able to order them, but apparently this isn't so. This puzzles me because Ford makes money selling cars, not just a few cars.
Hope this helps you, for what it's worth. Just don't shoot me if I'm wrong........shoot my rep.
I don’t believe that there will only be 44 units delivered to Canada , when I have been told that there are 700 RHD Mach 1 units coming to Australia and they have all been preordered and sold

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity - have you ever owned a car with a flat-plane crank V8?
Nope, but I don’t need to in order to understand the engineering behind them

And let me just clarify, I’m not an overall flat plane hater. Hell, my next performance car purchase after the Mach 1 (which I actually thought about getting instead of the Mach 1) will be a Ferrari with a FPC V8. I’m just not unrealistic about my expectations for an FPC

I definitely don’t need to examine further reading on the topic. Been there, done that.
judging by the rest of your comment, I’d say you certainly should read the article I posted, as it seems you’ve been drinking too much of the manufacturer kool-aid

The cross plane crank is easier to build because it does not require the advanced engineering and the more robust components required by the flat-plane variant in order to overcome the inherent vibrational deficiencies of a flat-plane crank V8.
This is false. Once again, if you read the article I posted, flat plane cranks used to be the only kind of crank that was used because they were easier to build and engineer. What makes the FPC hard to engineer in Ford’s case is that they’re using too large of a displacement and using the wrong firing order, thus enhancing the secondary vibrations

Once those feats are achieved, it could reasonably be said that the flat-plane crank engine offers many benefits over a cross-plane crank V8:
1) Much lower center of gravity
2) More with less: higher engine rpm means more power; more power can be developed from a smaller engine displacement
3) Since high-revving concept (if you believe in it) means more power with smaller displacement, then smaller displacement means less torque and therefore less stress on gears and rotational components
That first one just isn’t true. Flat plane crank doesn’t offer a lower center of gravity (why would it? If anything, it would offer a higher center of gravity in a traditional FPC engine, because in typical applications, a FPC is lighter than a CPC). And while the rest is true, it’s based on false pretenses. Flat plane cranks don’t allow an engine to rev higher, it allows it to rev faster. The “revving higher” is an average misconception, and is exactly why people overhype the flat plane crank

If cross plane cranks can’t rev high, then explain BMW’s S65

4) Fuel economy - smaller engine displacement means smaller fuel consumption, all other factors being equal
5) Smaller displacement = less weight; less weight = better in very many ways
6) This isn’t functional- but the sound is exotic and the flat-plane crank engine sounds amazing
All of this is true, but none of it is the case for the GT350 (except maybe the last one, but that’s subjective. I like the sound of an 8000rpm coyote much more)

There is a reason why Ferrari and McLaren use this engine configuration exclusively. I hope we do not need to examine the credentials of Ferrari and McLaren.
Ferrari and McLaren use it right though... small displacement, low piston speed, correct firing order. And even at that, flat plane cranks are as much about their heritage and image as they are about any actual performance benefits

Ford wanted to do what nobody else did - build a flat-plane crank engine of “behemoth size.” Until the Z06 shall have arrived, Ford is the only company to have successfully done this with an engine of over 5 litres in displacement.
There’s a reason nobody does it... because it’s not a good idea

This is something I always say, and it just happens to apply perfectly here; different ≠ good

And it works. Don’t understand why you say it doesn’t work. The GT350 has arguably the most wonderful engine in the world - and that’s coming from me having owned the cars indicated! Driving it is pure joy. Ford just isn’t as good as Ferrari - let’s not be shy about the fact that Ford has neither the expertise nor the experience that Ferrari has in building outstanding feats of engineering (that is not to say Ford is not capable of achieving these things); otherwise the engine might have had about 585 horsepower. Then again, it’s possible Ford didn’t want the engine to have that much power.
I say it doesn’t work because it’s not durable and it doesn’t make a whole lot of power compared to a cross plane variant. There’s a reason Ford pulled the FPC out of the 5.2 for all it’s racing applications. The same exact engine with a CPC would be able to rev just as high, make just as much power (if not more), and be more durable (See: AluminatorXS)

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
Then until you can see the window sticker of a delivered model, your question will go unanswered. The other alternative is to ask your regional zone office.
Not to beat a dead horse but Mach 1s are not Ford performance vehicles.

Generally Blue stickers are normal dealer order, Red are Ford Performance, Green are customer orders.

mach 1 beechmont.jpg

window stickers wall web.jpg

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
I don’t believe that there will only be 44 units delivered to Canada , when I have been told that there are 700 RHD Mach 1 units coming to Australia and they have all been preordered and sold
Where did you hear that all Australian allocated units had been sold?

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we could see a window sticker for a Automatic to see if the $1000 gas guzzler applies

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I wish we could see a window sticker for a Automatic to see if the $1000 gas guzzler applies
It does apply. If you go to the website for Seth wadley Ford in OK they have a window sticker up. It’s an auto and has $1k gas tax

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It does apply. If you go to the website for Seth wadley Ford in OK they have a window sticker up. It’s an auto and has $1k gas tax
Ok, that sucks!
Thanks for the info

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Trust me, I didn't want to believe it either. I questioned my rep several times on this low number. He said it was confirmed by his zone rep and that only the Ford Performance dealers (40) would be able to order one Mach 1 each ( 4 more would go into a lottery for a total of 44).
I am quite skeptical on only 44 coming to Canada. That number should be much higher.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Trust me, I didn't want to believe it either. I questioned my rep several times on this low number. He said it was confirmed by his zone rep and that only the Ford Performance dealers (40) would be able to order one Mach 1 each ( 4 more would go into a lottery for a total of 44).
I am quite skeptical on only 44 coming to Canada. That number should be much higher.
Could it be that Canada is only getting 44 handling package cars? That might make a little more sense

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
So, now I gutta go slap my Ford rep. But I still find it strange that only 44 Mach 1's are coming to Canada. That number makes no sense to me at all; way too low, especially when the average Ford dealer has no up-level Mustang to offer. But the Ford Canada website still lists the Bullitt, so maybe that's the gap filler.

I did find it odd that the above video showed the Mach 1 in front of a big Ford Performance trailer...
Are you sure that number is for all Mach 1’s and not just the Handling Package cars?
Sponsored