Sponsored

Please clarify — Is the Mach 1 a product from Ford Performance? Or designated as a regular Ford product? -Anyway, I ordered one.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Or maybe it is and Ford just really doesn't want to sell the car. Hard to tell by their repeated terrible decision-making. Jan 10th and the US still doesn't have build and price up
Yeah I don't understand this at all. I get if they are still trying to move MY 2020 cars, but why not list both on the website at the same time? Spain has them on the net, so does Australia. Or just list the 2021 Mach 1 trim alone on the website first, kind of play it as Mach 1 leading the Mustang offerings for 2021 for a few weeks.

I'm not in the industry so maybe there is good reasoning by Ford here, but for the fans I think it has us frustrated a bit. I want to order, but you got to get the website going. Too many dealers know jack about the car, literally nothing. Paper ordering process with a guy who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about is a turn off, nope won't do it.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Thanks. I don’t agree- I think somebody ought to know - lots of well-informed people here.
Well, according to my Ford rep here in Canada, the 2021 Mach 1 is indeed a Ford Performance vehicle. It is NOT a Mustang trim level option and is a "stand alone" order. You can't get a Tremec in a Mustang GT amongst other specific Mach 1 -only parts.
I questioned him on why his zone rep said there would only be 44 total units coming to Canada and he said that only Ford Performance dealers (former SVT dealers) would be able to order them, and not "regular" Ford dealers. He said this would make them rarer than the GT500's or GT350's in availability, at least in Canada. Not sure if the same applies to the US which usually gives us approx. 10% of total production units. Does this mean the US will only get 500+ Mach 1's? Can't be.....
I truly thought the total number of Mach 1's for Canada would be much higher because most Ford dealers would be able to order them, but apparently this isn't so. This puzzles me because Ford makes money selling cars, not just a few cars.
Hope this helps you, for what it's worth. Just don't shoot me if I'm wrong........shoot my rep.

Last edited:
OP
OP

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
Well, according to my Ford rep here in Canada, the 2021 Mach 1 is indeed a Ford Performance vehicle. It is NOT a Mustang trim level option and is a "stand alone" order.
I questioned him on why his zone rep said there would only be 44 total units coming to Canada and he said that only Ford Performance dealers (former SVT dealers) would be able to order them, and not "regular" Ford dealers. He said this would make them rarer than the GT500's or GT350's in availability, at least in Canada. Not sure if the same applies to the US which usually gives us approx. 10% of total production units. Does this mean the US will only get 500+ Mach 1's? Can't be.....
I truly thought the total number of Mach 1's for Canada would be much higher because most Ford dealers would be able to order them, but apparently this isn't so. This puzzles me because Ford makes money selling cars, not just a few cars.
Hope this helps you, for what it's worth. Just don't shoot me if I'm wrong........shoot my rep.
Interesting information!

I also notice that Ford’s Performance web site talks extensively about the Mach 1! Why would the Mach 1 be a topic extensively discussed at performance.ford.com if it weren’t a Ford Performance product?

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Well, according to my Ford rep here in Canada, the 2021 Mach 1 is indeed a Ford Performance vehicle. It is NOT a Mustang trim level option and is a "stand alone" order.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that... maybe he’s just trying to bait you into a high ADM.. call Ford Performance and ask them the question.. They are nice folks and I’m sure you will get the answer to your question. IMO.

Sponsored

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn’t be so sure about that... maybe he’s just trying to bait you into a high ADM.. call Ford Performance and ask them the question.. They are nice folks and I’m sure you will get the answer to your question. IMO.
He offered me their only Mach 1 allocation with no ADM because they are a very reputable dealer.
There is a total of 40 Ford Performance dealers in Canada, one for each dealer. The other four go into a lottery for a total of 44.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
He offered me their only Mach 1 allocation with no ADM because they are a very reputable dealer.
There is a total of 40 Ford Performance dealers in Canada, one for each dealer. The other four go into a lottery for a total of 44.
I did some looking around, and while I found that the Mach 1 does have some Ford Performance Parts left over from the GT350, I did not find anything that states that is is a “Ford Performance” Product. A phone call would clarify that. Even the Shock Tower support just says Mach 1. I can’t find anything in any pictures the says Ford Performance.. I’m not trying to put down your question, I’m looking and I can’t find anything definitive...

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
what bloody difference does it make? It's just a tarted up PP2 - or put another way a properly implemented PP2 after they botched the original.
Why do you say the PP2 was not implemented correctly? I’m curious I know the car has a few things I would like to change.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I did some looking around, and while I found that the Mach 1 does have some Ford Performance Parts left over from the GT350, I did not find anything that states that is is a “Ford Performance” Product. A phone call would clarify that. Even the Shock Tower support just says Mach 1. I can’t find anything in any pictures the says Ford Performance.. I’m not trying to put down your question, I’m looking and I can’t find anything definitive...
Whatever it says on the door sill will determine if its Ford Performance or not

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
The door sill plate just says “Mach 1”

Sponsored

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, it's not really clear exactly what Ford division is taking credit for the Mach 1. My rep said that the former SVT and Ford Performance were being "blended" to offer the current Mach 1.
They no doubt had some hand in the new Mach E as well.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s definitely not a Ford Performance vehicle, Jim Owens himself has said so. It is limited production, but it’s not Ford Performance

If it were Ford Performance, it would include the free track day... but it doesn’t

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
no coolers. wrong transmission. radiator too small. unflared fenders.
So you are looking at from a track perspective got it. I will say I like the 2020 PP2 better than the 17 Roush rs3 that I had. The mt-82 has gotten better though.
Sponsored