Plastidipped my Bullitt decklid cap and steering emblems - pics

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
I didn't mind the dog bowl as much as others but I still think the big emblems are a little tacky. I'm happy with how this hour project turned out. Straight black plastidip sprayed about 4-5 layers. Gotta clean up all my fingerprint smudges and get my surgical forceps out to fine tune but you get the pic.
IMG_2047.jpeg
IMG_2055.jpeg
Sponsored

tdi140

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
I didn't mind the dog bowl as much as others but I still think the big emblems are a little tacky. I'm happy with how this hour project turned out. Straight black plastidip sprayed about 4-5 layers. Gotta clean up all my fingerprint smudges and get my surgical forceps out to fine tune but you get the pic.
IMG_2047.jpeg
IMG_2055.jpeg
Hello
Possible for you to put a photo with more perspective?

Sponsored

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Nice job... i would have done this had I not already replaced my deck lid. I'm for sure going to do the steering wheel though.
Thanks for posting your results!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Nice job... i would have done this had I not already replaced my deck lid. I'm for sure going to do the steering wheel though.
Thanks for posting your results!
What did you replace the deck lid with? Pictures please.

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
F02331FD-FC1C-4B9E-8683-5C6AC7BC559F.jpeg

Just a clean deck lid.... I do have the BULLITT letters from the older gen, but I don't see myself using them.

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
F02331FD-FC1C-4B9E-8683-5C6AC7BC559F.jpeg

Just a clean deck lid.... I do have the BULLITT letters from the older gen, but I don't see myself using them.
I thought about doing that too. Thought I'd try the $ 10.95 fix with a can of plastidip. I really like it. I think looks great and wish it would have come like that in first place. But i have considered going total sleeper mode to go with the twin turbo stealth

Last edited:

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It looks like you did the outer rim of the decklid emblem but not the outer rim of the steering wheel emblem. Is that the case or just hard for me to tell, and did you do that on purpose if so, and why?

I'm still trying to decide if I like it more plastidipped or not, it does look good though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It looks like you did the outer rim of the decklid emblem but not the outer rim of the steering wheel emblem. Is that the case or just hard for me to tell, and did you do that on purpose if so, and why?

I'm still trying to decide if I like it more plastidipped or not, it does look good though.
If i would have done more than the center emblem, it would have covered how the airbag opens.