Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I supercharged my engine with 37.000 miles (Edelbrock Stage 1, 700 crank hp). It lastet for 13.500 miles until I blew cylinder no. 6 on a series of long autobahn pulls above 160 mph. I could have swapped to a used coyote, but instead I went for a build with forged internals and slightly lower compression ratio. I don't want to waste any thought on my engine anymore when going wot.
I see a lot more built engines fail than stock engines. You did the one thing that will blow a coyote the fastest. long wot pulls back to back

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
No, I am not trying to say this is an unreliable platform. Things don't last forever so what would your plan be?
I just replaced mine. I had a hole in the oil pan and the dealer probably ran the car with no oil so they could do a nice motor job. My insurance company paid for it which means we all paid for it. Sucks but I at least I got a new motor

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I see a lot more built engines fail than stock engines. You did the one thing that will blow a coyote the fastest. long wot pulls back to back
Well I hope that won't happen to mine.

I've read this theory before (unfortunately after destroying my engine). What's the point in supercharging when you can't use it anymore. :( i have absolutely no intention to take it to the dragstrip. I want to go fast on the Autobahn and rip apart our country roads.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
My full time job is to commute 8 miles round trip, three days a week. I was using a 250cc bike from Honda for over a year but then I had a kid and I want to be in his life as long as possible.
The wife and I quit riding when she got preggers with our first. Started riding again when the second/last one started college. I just took out enough insurance to pay for her school and to pay off the mortgage. That was 20 years ago and still riding.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Most, if not all, of the replies have been on the V8.
I've got an Ecoboost that I DD that has just had a headgasket replacement under the CPO warranty. If it craps out again after it's out of warranty I will likely source a lower mileage salvage engine and swap it in myself.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Most, if not all, of the replies have been on the V8.
I've got an Ecoboost that I DD that has just had a headgasket replacement under the CPO warranty. If it craps out again after it's out of warranty I will likely source a lower mileage salvage engine and swap it in myself.
yup, even with the V8, the cheapest practical option is a low mile salvage engine.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Aluminator 5.2 XS, shove the original in the corner.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I would sit in the shower clutching my knees, rocking back and forth slowly, crying profusely!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No, I am not trying to say this is an unreliable platform. Things don't last forever so what would your plan be?
I have a 10 000 euro set aside in case something happen with my gen 2. A new create is around that number.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That makes sense. I suppose for big jobs like that, just bite the bullet and let the dealer do it. Honda wanted to do an engine swap with like 20,000 miles on the new motor.
I take my time and double check everything. If you are in a hurry then I’m not your guy.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
yup, even with the V8, the cheapest practical option is a low mile salvage engine.
Have you seen the price of used engines lately? For some reason they are getting more and more expensive. Might want to get one now and put it away

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the failure but I'd likely rebuild with lighter internals, better cam, and some other improvements. Only way I would go crate is if the block was beyond reasonable repair.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
M-Driver,

Then it has to be built to run at long stretches at 160+.

If you don't gap the rings to allow for tremendous heat soak of extended high speed runs, it's gonna go "pop".

Simple as that.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
The wife and I quit riding when she got preggers with our first. Started riding again when the second/last one started college. I just took out enough insurance to pay for her school and to pay off the mortgage. That was 20 years ago and still riding.
I told my wife we probably will once the kids are in college. However, I can totally wait. I want to cherrish them growing up.
Sponsored