Sponsored

Plan on putting twin turbos on my car in the future

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT and a 2003 single cab v8 silverado
What are the must have mods required to run a twin turbo setup on these cars. I want to add the supporting mods the correct way and I want to do this right. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

My car is a 2015 Mustang GT. Automatic.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Depends on how nutty you want to go. If you plan on running low boost. You dont need anything. If you want an impressive horsepower number. You'll want a return fuel system and e85. Drag radials to plant 800+whp worth of power. If your a manual you'll want to beef up your axles.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
Depends on how nutty you want to go. If you plan on running low boost. You dont need anything. If you want an impressive horsepower number. You'll want a return fuel system and e85. Drag radials to plant 800+whp worth of power. If your a manual you'll want to beef up your axles.
I eventually plan on getting up there in the 800-900 hp range. But I am taking this slow and want to do it right. I have an automatic transmission in this car. The first thing I plan on doing is upgrading my suspension. But yes I will be running around 10-12psi boost to start with and it will be a weekend car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, fuel system, cooling system, engine control systems/tune.....

I think there's a sub-forum on boosting that would give you the answers you seek.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, fuel system, cooling system, engine control systems/tune.....

I think there's a sub-forum on boosting that would give you the answers you seek.
This, and I would also add OPGs as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)

Thanks I will look into that.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
This, and I would also add OPGs as well.
I wouldn't bother with OPG on a turbo charged car that is not max effort. it's mainly the cars with aftermarket dampers that bounce off rev limiter that have the issues.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

You keep parroting this BS that "tons of supporting mods" are needed if one adds a power adder to an S550.

My car is mostly stock other than the blower, and I have no issues "keeping it on the road" but then again, I know how to drive.

Literally the ONLY thing on your list that he would HAVE to have are some fuel system components(injectors or boost a pump, possibly more depending on power level) and a tune/tuner.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL I put a steeda stop the hop kit with bushing. Just because I drag race the car often. But gotta agree. The suspension upgrades are not necessary at all.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Fuel system, tune, 2 step, trans brake, converter, built 6r80

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I went suspension first (all BMR), then PC and DR’s, then E85, and then built trans and converter.

The mustang is sloppy, really sloppy! Tighten it up first. It also helps when controlling the car when things start to spin. It doesn’t sound like you spend time at the track so you will enjoy a better handling mustang on the street.

Plan on running less than 10# on 93 and even less on 91. Life will be exciting but that only lasts a few months. Then E will come into play. Do.Not.Go.Cheap on a fuel system. Fore or nothing...you will run out of room quick with Sai Li or other. Once you go E save for your trans.

Unless you spend time at the track a 2 step and trans brake are not needed....the stock convert is weak so when you do the trans you might as well do a converter.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
I went suspension first (all BMR), then PC and DR’s, then E85, and then built trans and converter.

The mustang is sloppy, really sloppy! Tighten it up first. It also helps when controlling the car when things start to spin. It doesn’t sound like you spend time at the track so you will enjoy a better handling mustang on the street.

Plan on running less than 10# on 93 and even less on 91. Life will be exciting but that only lasts a few months. Then E will come into play. Do.Not.Go.Cheap on a fuel system. Fore or nothing...you will run out of room quick with Sai Li or other. Once you go E save for your trans.

Unless you spend time at the track a 2 step and trans brake are not needed....the stock convert is weak so when you do the trans you might as well do a converter.

When you say trans did you actually replace your whole transmission or did you just replace parts on it?

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I wouldn't bother with OPG on a turbo charged car that is not max effort. it's mainly the cars with aftermarket dampers that bounce off rev limiter that have the issues.

Wrong!!!!!!!! You know how easy it is to break tires loose and hit the limiter.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Wrong!!!!!!!! You know how easy it is to break tires loose and hit the limiter.
there were two parts to my comment, you must have missed the aftermarket damper part. there are plenty of NA bone stock cars that hit the limiter too and they dont grenade.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
there were two parts to my comment, you must have missed the aftermarket damper part. there are plenty of NA bone stock cars that hit the limiter too and they dont grenade.
I got the part saying don’t bother with opgs on turbo setup. That’s all I needed to see. Always mean to save the posts where the guy says wish I would’ve done em after his go. Just saw another the other day.
Sponsored