Sponsored

Placing Order Soon - What Should I Know Before?

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord V6, 2023 Ford Mustang GT
Hey y’all! I should be going in to my local dealer this Saturday to place my factory order, and as much as i would love to go with Granger, they’re asking for a non-refundable deposit twice the price of my local dealer that has refundable deposits. I was already told to get the price written down as an agreement, and my dealer told me they’d take X-Plan but I believe the Mach 1 is exempt. Anything else i need to know?
Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Make sure the price is out of the door and there are no added things you need to buy, such as maintenance plans etc

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Not sure why a nonrefundable deposit would be an issue unless it was for an unusually large amount. It is refundable if your order is never delivered or canceled by Ford. Granger gives a 2% discount I hear. $=motivation.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Verify they have an allocation.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Hey y’all! I should be going in to my local dealer this Saturday to place my factory order, and as much as i would love to go with Granger, they’re asking for a non-refundable deposit twice the price of my local dealer that has refundable deposits. I was already told to get the price written down as an agreement, and my dealer told me they’d take X-Plan but I believe the Mach 1 is exempt. Anything else i need to know?
granger is only 'non-refundable' if YOU cancel the order. if it does not get delivered, gts cancelled by Ford, the world ends, whatever, you get your money back.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
granger is only 'non-refundable' if YOU cancel the order. if it does not get delivered, gts cancelled by Ford, the world ends, whatever, you get your money back.
I hope you get some news today Jimmy

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I hope you get some news today Jimmy
? I 've had a build date of 06MAY for a few weeks now. hopefully I do not receive any more updates until that week! (according to Mr. Fodera I am still at 03MAY, but on some inquiries to other folks it is 06MAY...)

"Good Morning Al,

Your Mach 1 order is holding. It is scheduled to Day (May-03-2022) for production."

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
? I 've had a build date of 06MAY for a few weeks now. hopefully I do not receive any more updates until that week! (according to Mr. Fodera I am still at 03MAY, but on some inquiries to other folks it is 06MAY...)

"Good Morning Al,

Your Mach 1 order is holding. It is scheduled to Day (May-03-2022) for production."
That's good news, for some reason I thought you were waiting with some of the other orders.

I agree, no more delays.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
That's good news, for some reason I thought you were waiting with some of the other orders.

I agree, no more delays.
no, I got scheduled in the first batch. just sitting here patiently waiting for my car. I do not respond as much now because I have a new job in new state, commuting 190 miles each way every week. I need to find a small used truck (I mean USED, like 80s is fine) to park over there, and another motorcycle with touring gear on it for the commute to save gas.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
no, I got scheduled in the first batch. just sitting here patiently waiting for my car. I do not respond as much now because I have a new job in new state, commuting 190 miles each way every week. I need to find a small used truck (I mean USED, like 80s is fine) to park over there, and another motorcycle with touring gear on it for the commute to save gas.
Congratulations on the new job. Yes, you will need a sipper car or bike for that commute. I travelled for 10 years, now I work from home, I understand all too well about what you are going through.

Keep us posted on your car, take care.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I would reconsider the granger deal, or at least see if your local will match their pricing, in writing, signed contract. Granger has been hassle free for everyone so far it seems, and has been for me (have not received my car as of yet though, not their fault though).

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Someone on here ordered his car, took delivery, and then the dealership added an etching to his window (a graphic line and “mustang” along the bottom edge) and then charged him $750 for it. Just be aware, and don’t accept anything you didn’t agree to.

You should have a total out the door price dialed in when you place the order. When I ordered mine I had an out the door price and then got a couple extra discounts after my car was delivered that Ford offered after I ordered but before I took delivery.

OP
OP
koplebob

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord V6, 2023 Ford Mustang GT
Like others, I’m not seeing what the issue is regarding a deposit. Unless you’re not 100% sure you want the car? Otherwise it seems crazy to pay more than you have to.
I'm not 100% sure, because its so far out. Dealership saying 6-11 months, and i know i need to place the order soon if i want a slight chance at taking delivery this year. I just wouldn't like to stomach a $1000 unnecessary loss, but what i will do is try to get a price match.
Sponsored