Sponsored

Placement of B&O Stereo Speakers

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
But unless my math is off, and it usually is, that's only 9 speakers.
Indeed. Ha ha. J/K. There are 10 speakers: 2 A-pillar tweeters, 2 door midranges, 2 door mid basses, 1 center speaker, 2 rear deck coaxials, 1 sub. It's absolute BS calling a coaxial 2 speakers, but most vehicle manufacturers always find ways to exaggerate everything they can. And yes, Ford calls the B&O a 12-speaker system indeed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the edumacation.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Indeed. Ha ha. J/K. There are 10 speakers: 2 A-pillar tweeters, 2 door midranges, 2 door mid basses, 1 center speaker, 2 rear deck coaxials, 1 sub. It's absolute BS calling a coaxial 2 speakers, but most vehicle manufacturers always find ways to exaggerate everything they can. And yes, Ford calls the B&O a 12-speaker system indeed.
Haha! I thought that too, but the rear deck speakers are coaxials which is how they come up with 12. I agree that’s some BS. Slick marketing is what that is.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ford could have very easily added a 3.5” speaker in each of the rear trim panels. Very misleading for sure.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
If you can't find one, (last I looked, everywhere was sold out), let me know and I'll sell you mine that I only used for one weekend. Right now, it's in there for looks. I still have the OE B&O that I can put back in for looks. lol.
Why did you only use it for a weekend? How did it sound? I've been thinking about doing this same thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the thread, wasn't enough base for you. I'm sure it will be fine for my tastes, just wondering if the 10W0 will be a better option off the factory signal/sub.

Last edited:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think the 10W0 will be a big improvment also.

Why did you only use it for a weekend? How did it sound? I've been thinking about doing this same thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the thread, wasn't enough base for you. I'm sure it will be fine for my tastes, just wondering if the 10W0 will be a better option off the factory signal/sub.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Options options optinons. I don't have any experience with those, so cant comment.

But then I find a JL 10TW3-D4 open box available and I'm tempted...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Options options optinons. I don't have any experience with those, so cant comment.
For that small of a box... I think the tw3 is an excellent woofer.
I’d be leaning towards that if price was right

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Remember

if you don’t like it, can return it. 30 days, 7 dollars flat rate label return.

no questions asked.

buy both, return one lol

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
JL Audio is putting on a presentation about the W0v3 and W1v3 subwoofers this coming Thursday. I usually watch their presentations. You don't have to be a Facebook user to watch.

W0v3 & W1v3 Subwoofers
Join the JL Audio Training Team this Thursday, for an in-depth session covering both the W1v3 and W0v3 family of subwoofers. Learn about design philosophies, technologies, applicational uses and more.​
Session 101: W0v3 & W1v3 Subwoofers
Thursday, April 15th at 4:00 PM EST​

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I’m using Hertz DSK 165 speaker which is a kit consisting of two 6.5 mid bass woofers in my doors and two tweeters that fit perfectly in the A-pillar covers (I hot glued them in place) behind the factory grills. I removed my center channel speaker. IMO, this is only beneficial if you’re watching a movie (similar to surround sound at home) and the sound was improved. As for the rear deck speakers, I completely removed the driver’s side to serve as a bass port to allow bass to escape into the cabin. In hindsight, I should have removed the passenger one too for an even better effect. Leaving them in place will keep most of the bass in the trunk unless you let one or both of the rear seat backs down. I know it sounds strange to remove the rear deck speakers, but they don’t really help the sound much at all and they’re only 2 ohm speakers rated at 25W.
Where did you put the crossovers?

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I didn’t use the crossovers since I have the AudioControl DM-608 DSP. I use it to crossover and tune the speakers.
You have the B&O system?
Did it make a big difference from stock?