Pirelli tires now on PP1 mustangs?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
When they write "all season" on a tire what they really mean is no season.

Yes, if you are driving your Mustang like it is a family sedan and always taking it easy, all seasons will be fine on there.

However, I would highly recommend a nice set of snow/winter tires and a set of summer performance tires. And then drive the car. Remember the tires are the only thing touching the ground basically every part of performance - acceleration, braking, turning - everything depends on your tires. If you bought a performance car you should really spend the money for good tires that are optimized for the season. If you want to save money somewhere, buy 87 octane gas rather than 91. Don't skimp on tires.

/rant
I'm only looking for March or perhaps April to November usage so getting winter tires & rims is a waste for me. My point was more that these are just really shitty A/S tires because I've had high performance A/S tires on my Camaro SS before this and they hooked.

So I intend to buy better all seasons in the near future to replace these Pzero Nero's. Maybe Contis, Michelins or Generals perhaps. Heck even BFG Geforce Comp A/S might be a good option. My point was Ford could have picked something (anything? LOL) that would be better than these buggers.

AFAIK even the PP1 comes with AS tires? Only good ones.....Likely by this Summer I'll pull the trigger on something better. But definitely no more Pirellis.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
In 2015 the GT performance Pack was $2,495, fast forward 6 years and the price is $6200. Other than tires what's changed? This is criminal.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I intend to buy better all seasons in the near future to replace these Pzero Nero's. Maybe Contis, Michelins or Generals perhaps. Heck even BFG Geforce Comp A/S might be a good option. My point was Ford could have picked something (anything? LOL) that would be better than these buggers.

AFAIK even the PP1 comes with AS tires? Only good ones.....Likely by this Summer I'll pull the trigger on something better. But definitely no more Pirellis.
Ford must be getting a great deal on the P Zero Neros. Even if Ford has to stay within the Pirelli line, for contractual reasons, why would they not use the newer Pirelli "All Season Plus" design? When Ford went with the MPS4S on the PP1 cars, I was hoping that Ford would eventually switch over to Michelin all-seasons for the base car too, but no such luck.

Instead of 235/50 P Zero Neroes, it'd be so much better if the base car at least came with something like a 245/45 A/S 3+, or the AS4. I have a theory that Ford deliberately gimps the base wheels & tires to spur more buyers towards the PP1 package.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Ford must be getting a great deal on the P Zero Neros. Even if Ford has to stay within the Pirelli line, for contractual reasons, why would they not use the newer Pirelli "All Season Plus" design? When Ford went with the MPS4S on the PP1 cars, I was hoping that Ford would eventually switch over to Michelin all-seasons for the base car too, but no such luck.

Instead of 235/50 P Zero Neroes, it'd be so much better if the base car at least came with something like a 245/45 A/S 3+, or the AS4. I have a theory that Ford deliberately gimps the base wheels & tires to spur more buyers towards the PP1 package.
Agreed! I had Pzero All Season Plus on my other car and they were pretty good to me. So when I saw the Neros on my GT I assumed they would be quite similar in which case that was fine........ But oh no they weren't. Anyways they are round and work for now but they have to go.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That would be unfortunate, the PS4S is an amazing tire.
Always had issues with wheel spin on the PS4S. To date my favorite on this car is the 555r2. Drag radial that can hook power but that you can dd in rain if needed.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
OEM oil and tires are highly dependent upon the $$$ deal they strike with tire and oil manufacturers. When does a tire manufacturer create a bespoke tire for a car that cost under $100K. How many cars and trucks have Amsoil as their OEM oil? Money talks, bullsh*t walks. Pirelli P Zero does not perform as well as the Michelin 4S or the PS2. But the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R is suppose to be a great tire. I personally save my factory Michelin PS Cup 2's for the track and daily in Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm sure most of us would be surprised as to how little Ford pays for tires and how much they fret over $50 (or less) in cost.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure most of us would be surprised as to how little Ford pays for tires and how much they fret over $50 (or less) in cost.
No sh!t. my firestone firehawk 325/30R19 are no better at taming all them hrspwrs than my Pirelli 235/50R18 in first and second gear. Third gear there's a big difference, way less spin with the big boots, big difference in cornering too, but that's solely due to the extra width. Jason Fenske has an EXCELLENT video on cheap vs expensive tires, with actual scientific data, but why listen to an actual engineer haha.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
While working under the car yesterday, I discovered there are 3 large chunks of sidewall gone and a little rim rash on the inside surface. Must have hit a pothole the wrong way. Just ordered 2 Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. My Pirellis have 27K miles and have been wearing well, but have gotten noisy. $558 OTD for 2 at my dealer. If I like them I'll get 2 more next month.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
While working under the car yesterday, I discovered there are 3 large chunks of sidewall gone and a little rim rash on the inside surface. Must have hit a pothole the wrong way. Just ordered 2 Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. My Pirellis have 27K miles and have been wearing well, but have gotten noisy. $558 OTD for 2 at my dealer. If I like them I'll get 2 more next month.
That sucks. Keep in mind that mixing brands can have negative side effects especially when two of them are most likely halfway through their useable life. So do you pick traction or steering? Tough call.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That sucks. Keep in mind that mixing brands can have negative side effects especially when two of them are most likely halfway through their useable life. So do you pick traction or steering? Tough call.
Best tires ALWAYS go on the rear of any car, whether it be FWD or RWD. Steering isn't aided by less traction in the rear than in the front (as I'm sure you know). Low traction in the rear leads to too much oversteer (car wants to spin).

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Mixing tires is fine until you get into a situation such as bad weather or an emergency maneuver. Some tire shops have refused to do it due to liability. I was at a tire shop and witnessed the worker refuse the use of their air line to a woman saying she was late and needed to fill her tire up. She said she would go across the street to the Shell station.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
I agree with the posters above. Generally, mixing tire manufacturers and tire compounds are a non-issue. The main issue is mixing tires with different tread depth. Lacanteen should put the 2 new tires on the rear. I'm fortunate to live in SoCal where I can run Summer performance tires year-round.
Sponsored