JAGUAR

LAMBORGHINI

LAND ROVER

MASERATI

MCLAREN

MERCEDES

PORSCHE

VOLVO
Wildhorse do you have them on your 17? If you do and like them you must drive it like a family sedan. They came on my 16 and were garbage. The sidewall flex's so bad that the car becomes unstable in hard cornering. Had them less than a thousand when I went over to Michelin. So much better. The P Zeros don't even compare.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Pzero Neros that came with my GT are awful. No bite at all. They are truly designed for crowd hunting :)

They are standing up okay & I hate to waste good tires but I doubt I'll be able to tolerate these until their normal life's end. I may go Michelins next but would like to stay with a high performance all season instead of going summer only tires so I can get the 3 season use that I actually drive the car.
When they write "all season" on a tire what they really mean is no season.

Yes, if you are driving your Mustang like it is a family sedan and always taking it easy, all seasons will be fine on there.

However, I would highly recommend a nice set of snow/winter tires and a set of summer performance tires. And then drive the car. Remember the tires are the only thing touching the ground basically every part of performance - acceleration, braking, turning - everything depends on your tires. If you bought a performance car you should really spend the money for good tires that are optimized for the season. If you want to save money somewhere, buy 87 octane gas rather than 91. Don't skimp on tires.

/rant

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
WoW! interesting exchange. I just switched from stock 255 40R 19, 275 40R 19 to 275 35R 20, and 295 35R 20. Stocks are whatever version Michelins come on car new?? the big ones are Pirelli's a version of P ZERO
either are really good. The stocks have 2448 miles and are for sale with the stock GT Premium PP1 black wheels. Also have stk rear spolier for sale
Anyway interesting discussion again points to personal opinion!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just switched ... the big ones are Pirelli's a version of P ZERO
WHICH permutation of P-Zero is the key variable. Take a detailed pic of side-wall and Treadwear rating.

Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the new MPS4S for the C8 base a run flat?
probably. GM has a history of equipping that car with RF. Doesn't do the driver any favors in the handling/performance department but Marketing said to do it. Michelin will have lots of non-RF MPS4S in their catalog.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
When they write "all season" on a tire what they really mean is no season.

Yes, if you are driving your Mustang like it is a family sedan and always taking it easy, all seasons will be fine on there.

However, I would highly recommend a nice set of snow/winter tires and a set of summer performance tires. And then drive the car. Remember the tires are the only thing touching the ground basically every part of performance - acceleration, braking, turning - everything depends on your tires. If you bought a performance car you should really spend the money for good tires that are optimized for the season. If you want to save money somewhere, buy 87 octane gas rather than 91. Don't skimp on tires.

/rant
This is the way. Although ideally you won't use your Mustang in the winter at all, if you want to play the old man card.

HOWEVER, there is a specific use case where high quality all seasons make sense. If you don't have another set of wheels, or have a *climate controlled* place to store your summer set, the tires will succumb to damage over the course of the winter from sitting. So if your wife or GF isn't cool with wheels in the living room, and you don't have a basement, sucks to be you.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
My 2019 GT has Pirellis and they are ROUGH and NOISY just like the ones that were on my 2014 GT!!😡

I just ordered a different brand at the Tire Guy's suggestion and should have 'em next week.........stay tuned!! 🤔

BTW....my neighbor bought a new F-150 King Ranch and drove it off the lot directly to a tire store and got some Michelins......he hates Pirellis too!!🤬

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is the way. Although ideally you won't use your Mustang in the winter at all, if you want to play the old man card.

HOWEVER, there is a specific use case where high quality all seasons make sense. If you don't have another set of wheels, or have a *climate controlled* place to store your summer set, the tires will succumb to damage over the course of the winter from sitting. So if your wife or GF isn't cool with wheels in the living room, and you don't have a basement, sucks to be you.
You can make it through winter with summer tires on the car. Just don't move the car around when it's too cold. To me it's worth the expense of buying a second set of rims to be able to easily switch back and forth between good summer tires and good winter tires. The extra set can sit in the corner of the garage if you don't have a better place for them. Anyone who hasn't tried it really should. Good tires really make driving a lot more fun.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You can make it through winter with summer tires on the car. Just don't move the car around when it's too cold. To me it's worth the expense of buying a second set of rims to be able to easily switch back and forth between good summer tires and good winter tires. The extra set can sit in the corner of the garage if you don't have a better place for them. Anyone who hasn't tried it really should. Good tires really make driving a lot more fun.
I've seen more than once that summer tires (specifically Pilot Sport 4S or Cup 2's) just crack when it gets below 30F, no matter if you drive the car or not. Maybe it's just those specific tires, but that still would irritate me given that they cost a damn fortune.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've seen more than once that summer tires (specifically Pilot Sport 4S or Cup 2's) just crack when it gets below 30F, no matter if you drive the car or not. Maybe it's just those specific tires, but that still would irritate me given that they cost a damn fortune.
It would irritate me as well. My experiences were with Pilot Super Sports on my GT350 which I used down to ~20F as long as there was no ice and stored in a non-heated area and with some Continental summer tires on my Z06 Corvette that I left on the car through the winter with the car sitting in the garage.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Personally Id bet Ford went to the PZeros due to supply and cost.

Either way Ive had PZeros on my 2016 GT and my 2018 GT both were absolute trash and Im very happy with my 2020 PP1 on Michelins! Especially down to like 28 psi they kick ass.

Id find more often than not people that dont like any tire are the same ones driving around with them at like 40psi haha.

Only PZeros worth a shit are Corsas.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
i used to cut a lower 60ft with the pirelli pzeros stock tires then the nitto gs2 i bought, yes the the threadwear in the pirellis was 220 compared to 340 in the nittos so yes they did not last that much but hooked much better.
it all comes down to threadwear. the lower the number the stickier the tire and it wont last a lot.
Sponsored