Sponsored

Pictures in Race Mode!!

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
Speaking of lawn mowers... this guy stayed in the gas long after the finish line of our autox and ended up in the field of buttercups. Brand new stingray staring down a GT350, my GT and an ecoboost all in a row. The perspective makes it look close, but it really wasn't. Regardless, the dude packed up his stuff and left after this. LOL.
lol, it happens! :headbang:

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
39-40 hot. They probably look high because they are 285/35/19 on a 9.5" rim.
Yeah, that's probably bit high.

I'd mark the sidewalls and make sure you're getting wear down to the treadwear indicators on the shoulders. Even if you're not giving up grip with pressures that high, you'll probably wear a stripe down the middle of those tires early. I did that running 37-38 hot with the stock PZeros.

Tire pressure do depend on the tire tho, so YMMV.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I'd mark the sidewalls and make sure you're
Yeah, if you look closely you can see my chalk marks on the tire(s). I had pressure adjusted to bring the wear down to the tread wear arrows, with the chalk as an extra sanity check. But I was curious about the pinched wheel/tire size throwing that off. I think the next set will be 275/40/19.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, if you look closely you can see my chalk marks on the tire(s). I had pressure adjusted to bring the wear down to the tread wear arrows, with the chalk as an extra sanity check. But I was curious about the pinched wheel/tire size throwing that off. I think the next set will be 275/40/19.
You might be scrubbing down to the indicators while the tire is still cold.. IDK.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
NJMP 6-17 on Thunderbolt

Had a blast. One of the sessions had some rain hence the wipers.
James, had to include one with the I8 :)
NASANE 06-17-17 HPDE Side shot 2 small for web.jpg
NASANE 06-17-17 HPDE Rear shot small for web.jpg

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Yeah, that's probably bit high.

I'd mark the sidewalls and make sure you're getting wear down to the treadwear indicators on the shoulders. Even if you're not giving up grip with pressures that high, you'll probably wear a stripe down the middle of those tires early. I did that running 37-38 hot with the stock PZeros.

Tire pressure do depend on the tire tho, so YMMV.
Not that I plan to hit the track with the P-zeros as I have an apex set up, but out of curiosity, what are the recommended hot pressures for these tires?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Had a blast. One of the sessions had some rain hence the wipers.
James, had to include one with the I8 :)
I'm curious - how well did that i8 do over the course of a session or over the day as a whole?

Norm

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I plan to hit the track with the P-zeros as I have an apex set up, but out of curiosity, what are the recommended hot pressures for these tires?
Re: PZeros

I dont think they liked being hotter than about 37psi. If you can keep them at or under that they seemed to stick pretty well.

They didnt last long or wear very nicely though (each tread block was shaved at an angle), so I wouldn't really recommend them. That and although the peak grip was pretty good, they didnt break away as nicely as some other tires.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Re: PZeros

I dont think they liked being hotter than about 37psi. If you can keep them at or under that they seemed to stick pretty well.

They didnt last long or wear very nicely though (each tread block was shaved at an angle), so I wouldn't really recommend them. That and although the peak grip was pretty good, they didnt break away as nicely as some other tires.
Yup, trashed mine in a long day at the track. tread blocks we worn out on angles as you say and overall nearly gone completely.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I'm curious - how well did that i8 do over the course of a session or over the day as a whole?

Norm
The irony was half the day was spent in the second picture with one of us on her tail. She would only let people pass on the big straight. Everyone was pitting to get out of the train. :headbonk: Nice looking car just not all day from behind.
Sponsored