Sponsored

Picture of the 2018 “PP2” package wheels

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I kinda hope the go with this lip spoiler for the PP2.. it's been around since 2015 but never made it to the car yet.
IMG_3944.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG
Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Kona is a nice color, but the Deep Impact Blue is the tits. I should have gotten DIB when I bought my car. DIB with black accent package and black wheels is sexy.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
good lord those are nice looking wheels, almost like a Lexus LFAs

lexus-lfa-9.jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

New Wing?

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Man, I'm hoping for some stripes or wrapped hood or something... doesn't look like recaros in there... :-/

1LE = win

Still hopeful though. Better be something other than wheels and tires for $2300 more than PP2. If not, ill just get PP1 and get my own wheels.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
It's all relative. We now live in an age where pickup trucks cost $60k+ when optioned out.
No Kidding, went shopping to replace my paid for (haven't had a payment in 3 years) Tundra...F150 for 62K discounted to 57...nope nope nope nope...drive it until its dead.

Having owned Fords recently, I can do without the leather.
Ive been debating this, I have leather in all my cars, some heated and cooled, but leather is often hot or cold depending on the weather, cloth seems to be more comfortable to me.

Bottom line, the Mustang is a steal at 40-50 grand considering other cars and trucks for that matter in the same price range. What else can you buy NEW for that price that can go zero to sixty in 3-4 seconds, looks as good, sounds as good, can perform on a curvy track as well, has a back seat (kinda), and is still considered a cool car? 'Merica!! :headbang: $45 grand is not a lot of money for what you get. The Camaro and Challenger are both around that price too. Also bargains.
I agree 100%...been shopping a lot lately and it is clear that cars like the Mustang, Camaro or even the Vette are very good deals. Shoot my brothers Charger Scat Pack is bad ass fast, for 40K.

I mean come on, these things will embarrass M3s, some Vettes, and maybe even some 911s not to mention Caymans, Boxters, and the like.

I've got my $45k ready and am happy to fork it over for such a great car for the $$.
Again I dont think there is any argument there, I agree. I think folks forget if you want every performance item available you have to pay for it, bottom line. Otherwise modify it yourself and probably spend the same money anyway. I think a base GT Premium with Auto is just fine for me.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked out a Challenger 392, T/A. Was bad ass, but big and heavy and the sticker was $49k. Going for the Stang

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Here are the stripes I think may be offered with the PP2. None of the leaked order sheets list these. They were developed for something unless Ford was just testing some ideas...

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...tning+blue+2018+mustang#imgrc=IjJhUipDCKdghM:
Those stripes will be available on regular Mustangs... just late availability, much like a few other options/packages (PP1 silver wheels, Ecoboost pony package, etc) we haven't seen pop up on the Ford site as yet.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive been debating this, I have leather in all my cars, some heated and cooled, but leather is often hot or cold depending on the weather, cloth seems to be more comfortable to me.
I've had all kinds of cars with leather. Sure, smells good, is soft, but damn hot in the summer, freezing in the winter, and over time gets creased and shabby. Before my wife picked up a new 4Runner, she had an Explorer Limited with the slate leather. Within a month, it was stained blue from jeans. I tried everything to clean and condition it to no avail. Warranty wouldn't do anything about it because they attributed that to normal wear and tear. Lol

I drive a 2015 RAM outdoorsman ecodiesels. Has all kinds of goodies for towing and off-road including air suspension that lowers and lifts the truck, but no leather option. The cloth seats are durable, look great, and are super comfy. I habe 50k miles on the truck and they still look brand new.

I'm definitely going with the base GT + 301A. No sliding around on cloth seats when cornering hard ;-)

Sponsored

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
The wheels look the right size to me, the sidewall on the tires are lower profile in the rear than they should be/than the current PP at least.

The current car has taller sidewalls in the rear than the front (due to using the same sidewall ratio on the rear with a wider tire).

Last edited:

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those stripes will be available on regular Mustangs... just late availability, much like a few other options/packages (PP1 silver wheels, Ecoboost pony package, etc) we haven't seen pop up on the Ford site as yet.
Oh! Good to know. All the more reason to wait, but it is killing me. Lol

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I talked with Carl Widmann, Mustang Chief Engineer and Program Manager, and got to sit in a 2018 engineering Mustang GT on Saturday. The Recaro seats in it are more generous than those in the GT350...which were too tight for my large size. The Recaro seats in the GT were more generous and I fit between the bolsters pretty comfortably. The interior is much improved with soft touch materials and the center console tunnel is now covered in a soft material. Full genuine leather steering wheel and the stitching on the seats and in the cabin was really nice. Active exhaust and the new digital dash are both excellent.

I asked Carl about the PP Level 2 and if he'd heard the word about it was out. He said he hadn't heard, so I read him the Car and Track online article off of my phone. He got a big grin on his face, laughed and said, "another unsubstantiated, speculative rumor"...but all the while grinning and never denying it. Really great, nice guy, who took a lot of time and answered every single question. His Dad was along with him and I talked with him too...another very nice gentleman, who is pretty proud of his son and rightly so.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]